“Great happy hour” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Latin
Redwood City, CA
“Great happy hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Yummy drinks and a wonderful cheese plate to share were a great way to start our New Years Eve! The location across from our hotel just a block off the beach in SoBe was great for convenience and people watching.

Visited December 2012

% Recommend
Boise, Idaho
“Super Food; Friendly People; Great Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Next to a coin laundry on 15th Street, this place is well-located for bargain hunting tourists. Cha Cha Cha is an example of why people say that a trip to South Beach is like visiting a foreign country. The Cuban cuisine is just excellent with fresh ingredients, expertly cooking, palatable seasonings and an endless array of exotic dishes and side orders. You can't find a restaurant like this anywhere but Florida. We had lunch there three days in a row and were very pleased every time. "Nelson", our waiter was as friendly as could be, and on our third day we felt like we were part of the family. The daily special is highly recommended. See attached photographs, and when you're in South Beach head to Cha Cha Cha!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC
“Excellent Caribbean/Puerto Rican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

1 2 3, Cha Cha Cha! 1 2 3, Cha Cha Cha! Ok, so this isn't a dance hall or club, but the food is so good that you'll feel like dancing! From the outside this place is un-assuming. I wouldn't have thought to stop here. But again, thanks to yelp mobile and all you yelpers, I made the trip while exploring South Beach.

When we first walked in we were greeted in Spanish. The waiter sounded like a lawnmower while he asked me questions that I didn't know the answer to, because even though I look like I speak spanish, I actually don't. I almost tried to pretend, but that wasn't gonna get very far. So I looked at him like a deer in headlghts and after he rambled on for another minute or two, he figured out that I didn't know what he was saying. I was busted.

So he regurgitated everything back in English and sat us down. Our waiter was really good. He asked us where we are from, made some jokes, explained the menu, the fact that there's a Puerto Rican Chef in the back, what his favorite color is and where he gets his hair done.

Everything on the menu sounded good. I would have ordered Mofongo, but I had it the night before, so I went with the Chicken Fricasee special. When it was placed in front of me it was like was at the end of a Puerto Rican rainbow! The chicken was a one-pot meal, smelled very fragrant and the meat just fell off the bone. I had a side of Black beans n rice and tostinos (fried plantains). The tostinos came with a fresh garlic dipping sauce. Again the waiter would check up on us and make little conversation. I couldn't eat the food fast enough. I felt like the way my dog eats her food. Mouth open, trying to stuff food in while other food was flying out. It was so good. The wifey had the Churrasco steak with Mofongo and I got to dig my fork into that too. The Mofongo was hella good. It had bacon in it. I'm a sucka for bacon. The Churasco was perfectly cooked too.

At the end we were offered some espresso to help relax and digest the food. We respectfully declined because we had other places to go.

This is absoluteley one of the best places to eat in South Beach.

Visited February 2012