“Great food, great service!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Peruvian, Latin, Seafood, Family Fare
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Puerto Rico
“Great food, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Delicious food at this peruvian family restaurant. Service was great. I ate "lomo saltado" which is kinda like sirloin pieces with french fries and peruvian criole sauce served with whire rice, and it was excellent. The "sangria" and was good too. If i go to Miami Beach again, i'll sure pay them a another visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
elchalan, Owner at Chalan on the Beach, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank You for the kind remarks! Our Lomo Saltado seems to be everyone's favorite and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Hope to have you back during your next visit.

• Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
“You must try this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My mom and I came here based on Yelp reviews. The restaurant was crowded, which was a good sign. The staff was very nice and the Sangria was good! Get a small pitcher for 2 people, it will easily be 2+ glasses each. We ordered the Lomo Saltado and Arroz Con Mariscos. Both were excellent! We loved this place so much and almost came back the next night. We ended up at a different restaurant and regretted our choice.

You should definitely go here for dinner!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank You for your comments regarding your visit with us! Happy to hear that you tried our Lomo Saltado and our Arroz con Mariscos, those are some of our more popular dishes and we are very proud of how we prepare them. Thanks again for the kind remarks! We appreciate it.
Memphis, Tennessee
“The best Peruvian restaurant I have been to...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

After my experience with Peruvian food in Buenos Aires, I always felt Peruvian food is over hyped till I went to Chalan and got a taste of the amazing Ceviches they serve. The taku taku (some rice and lentils baked) with fish was delicious too. I was with my colleagues and they had a great time too.... I happened to go back to Miami after a few weeks and went back to Chalan and tried the lomo saltado and it was as usual mouth watering! Even the dessert was good. If you like good food, you need to visit this place!

Visited August 2012
Portland, OR
“Delicious and good prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I got the daily special, a huge beautiful piece of perfectly cooked fish with salad and rice. Also came with a chicken soup that was so fresh and interesting. Food was wonderful, service great, and it is in a great location, one block from beach. I will definitely return.

Stamford, CT
“This is the real Peruvian deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

I see why this is in the top 10. Huge Peruvian dishes, and reasonable prices. One dish we had was a type of seafood paella - mussels, shrimp, calamari, octopuses. Hugh plates that two could split. You should. go for the seafood dishes. Now we are trying flan, and some local Peru dessert with melted marshmallow toppings. Ooh la la.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere