“underwheling” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Delores

You added The Delores to your Saves list
The Delores
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1420 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #140 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“underwheling”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

we stayed here 1 yr ago this week. There were water bugs creeping the floor all night long, these were the biggest bugs we've ever seen! the sheets were always dirty looking even after the changed them. and the room never cooled off with the AC, it always felt clamy and sticky. I was very upset when I saw the condition of the building and actually considered cutting my vacation short. I for sure will not be staying here again. The best thing was the location, close to the beach/strip and the best restaurant Café FL. I Love Miami

Room Tip: Spend a little more money, it will be worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

the rooms are little,but wht is very little is the bed !! just for one person !but sell for a couple!
also the bath is too little!
breakfast very simple , but served in corridor between the rooms !!
quality low but price higt.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

The room was fine for the two of us and we walked to the beach each day. They provided towels, which was great. If you want a laid back vacation but yet be in the heart of SoBe. This was it. The other watch out, especially in this part of SOBE, is that the properties (especially those priced lower) can fill with party people - that was NOT the case here at the Dolores. They do a great job of keeping a quiet atmosphere.

Room Tip: We picked the room on the second floor and 'splurged' for the 1 bedroom. It had a door and f...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

We had booked a room here two weeks ago and experienced then sudden, unexpected death of my wife's mother very early in the a.m. - I called to cancel, mainly as a courtesy to the The Delores so they could book the room that night. They were rude, surely and and insisted I go call back, which I did several times, they they insisted I contact booking.com for the cancellation. We were beyond the cancellation period but I did ask for a partial refund under the dramatic circumstances, again, completely rude and unhelpful on every level. The real test of a property is how they respond in situations like this, are they just after money or long term relationships with their customers and referral business. If you have a problem with your room or otherwise, don't expect and decent service. Look else where and enjoy your stay in a great city.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2015

I booked this hotel ahead of outher budget South Beach hotels based on the photographs on the web. Some rooms are nice and have been refurbished some haven't. We did not get what we expected. A tiny room for two people with two suitcases, three coat hangers, a tiny bathroom and the previous guest's hairs stuck to the shower walls were not cleaned for the whole of our stay until I cleaned them away. Maybe I misread the description but I booked this hotel thinking we had a kitchenette to help prepare food, not a very old fridge in an awkward cupboard.

The free beach towels were tiny, about big enough to sit on, but if you open the cupboard under the breakfast there are big towels, they just weren't offered to us.

So, that was not good, and just to be a little more irritating the staff seemed to hold a parting in reception on one night of our stay which was very very loud. South Beach is not a place to go for peace and quiet, but we thought this was just a but ignorant.

Overall, I'd stay somewhere else for less money with a more honest advertisement. Too expensive for the very poor room we were given.

We checked out early, no refund and went somewhere much nicer for our last night in Miami.

Room Tip: Specify a refurbished room like the photographs on the website not the old dirty ones at the back.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015 via mobile

This hotel or should I say motel is not as pictures well at least my room I had the displeasure of staying in... Dirty walls, cracked tiles, tiny room and bed, the bathroom was probably the biggest inconvenience... Ladies we all want a mirror to do our hair and makeup right? Well this place has a tight bathroom with just a sink and toilet! No where to set anything down... If your a guy maybe this might work for you but not for moi. The "beach" towels they loan you barely fit the body of a 3 year old... The tv was almost falling off the bracket, remote didnt work, maids were chatting at 7am overall this place is barebones and not well maintained... The location is great, service wasn't bad front desk was pleasant & helpful but management needs to rehab and step it up. The rooms are falling apart.

• Stayed January 2015
Thousand Oaks, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2015

This was my first visit to Miami and my friends recommended to stay as close to South Beach as possible.

I did a last minute booking and frankly this was the only available hotel (in the price range of $200/night) because of the year end rush (29th to 31st Dec 2014). Live Music, Night Life, close to beach and shopping arena is what all you want once you are in Miami. This hotel serves all the purposes. Located at Collins Avenue it is extremely close to Lincoln road, Ocean Drive and South Beach.

The exterior of the hotel was a little disappointing but the rooms were trendy as well as comfortable. They were newly renovated. Size of the room is small but still manageable for a couple.

Hotel has complimentary internet, they provide complimentary beach towels/chairs/umbrella as well.

Overall it is a good hotel and we had a pleasent stay. Price was on higher side (but I presume it was only because of last minute booking and holiday period).

General Suggestion: Stay at South Beach and not in the Downtown Area/Airport Area. Traffic is crazy and you will waste a lot of time and energy in commuting to south beach.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Delores? Share your experiences!