“Nice location for active people” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Delores

You added The Delores to your Saves list
The Delores
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1420 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #129 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Balgach, Switzerland
“Nice location for active people”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The Delores was the first accomodation during our trip through Florida.
Reservation: We booked the stay with a 3rd party provider. Unfortunately, we messed up the dates and wanted to correct them immediately. Calling the hotel was not successful so we just booked another night with the provider and hoped for the best. At the arrival the staff was kind enough to allow us to keep our room during the whole stay.
Arrival: Tired from a long overseas flight we were glad that the bus took us directly from the airport to a station within a 5min walk from the hotel. The check-in was quick and efficient.
Room: You do not book this hotel for a nice view and that's fine. Everthing was pretty tidy, A/C didn't make any noise either. Although there was a lot of road and construction work going on right in front of the hotel, we did not hear a thing in our room.
Breakfast: The small breakfast buffet included a tray of different very delicious pastries, some juice and coffee.
Area: From the hotel you can access the shops, bars and restaurants of Washington Ave, Collins Ave & Ocean Drive within a few minutes on foot.
All in all, the Delores was a nice place to start off our stay in Florida with little extras but at a very reasonable price.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The room was very bad, especially for what you pay. My brother and I stayed here the end of March for 3 nights. I stayed in better hotel in 3rd world countries. The location is good, some friendly staff, after that, the room was bad. The room had holes in the wall, fixtures missing from the bathroom, no cot, (which I asked for). I would never stay here again. Don't let pictures fool you, this is like a hostel and getting a private room.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed at the Delores for 1 night (June 17) with my wife and 11 year old son in a double queen suite which was ideal for our small family. Our room was room # 2 (first room on left when you enter hotel),which has a window facing the street with the front desk/lobby area just outside the door. It worked well for us and made for a good one nighter.
Two separate rooms with 1 bathroom(large shower) separating the rooms, both with (32"?) flat screen TVs w/Direct TV remotes, cool rock memorabilia on the bedroom walls( The WHO, Elvis, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors,etc ), a safe, a kitchen area. We put our son in the back bedroom and discovered we could (temporarily) lock his bathroom door from inside and not worry he would walk in on us which afforded us some privacy. If you are travelling with 2 couples there is only one bathroom and you would have to pass through the front bedroom and bathroom to get to 2nd bedroom. So deal with it or pony up and get 2 separate rooms.

We loved the place. Beds were extremely comfortable, nice white linens which were very clean. Tile floor throughout unit and kitchen area, bathroom were recently updated ( granite counter top in small kitchen area with sink, fridge, microwave, coffeemaker). Yeah there were people hanging out til 3AM right outside our window in the front bedroom so I simply closed the blinds and kept my wife up later than usual. I couldn't sleep with noise after 1AM so figured if can't beat 'em join 'em, grabbed a cold drink from fridge, left my room, hung out in lobby for a bit, watched World Cup highlights, sat outside and checked out all the people walking by after leaving the clubs. What a scene...
We hit breakfast around 8 o'clock in the hallway/ corridor down from our room and coffee was great along with pastries, etc. It was fine.
Keep in mind that if you have a rental car there is NO FREE PARKING in SOBE, so be prepared to pay $20/day at nearest public parking garage 1 1/2blocks away ($1/hour up to 15 hours). The cheapest one is $16/day( 2 blocks away)but is usually full by afternoon check-in time.
I'd recommend the Delores to anyone visiting SOBE area, especially if you're budget-minded.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Amherst, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had a great weekend here. The room was clean and nice although it was a little small. The staff was very friendly and willing to help you get what you want. When I checked in I did think that I had already paid for the resort fee in my payment online, so that was a little confusing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Checked in. I booked and paid online, but I had to sign a bunch of paperwork that took what seemed like forever. You have to pay for parking two blocks away. It was almost $2 per hour and you can only pay in 10 hour increments. So be mindful of the time. The room was clean. On their website, they stated that you can have two twin beds instead of one king. So after booking I called to request that and apparently they had new ownership from the day prior who wouldn't allow that. But I argued that because it was on their website, they should honor it. The website is no longer up and is under construction. There was no space to put any toiletries in the bathroom. But had a nice size closet where the safe was located. There is a weird kitchenette-ish type area with a long counter, two sinks, and a mini-fridge. But be careful as it is elevated and every time I walked up to it, I tripped because that little elevated step (about 3 inches) got me every time. The adjustments didn't work on the air conditioner so when we got too cold in the middle of the night, I had to stand on the bed in a sleepy daze and balance and stretch high enough to unplug it. It was the cheapest place on South Beach. So, I guess you get what you pay for. Would I stay there again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: Be careful of the weird step on your way to the kitchenette type counter. Make sure the air conditi...
Weston, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Location is super convenient but price I paid did not match what I got. Floors were still dirty, the shower took forever to get hot, as well as no pressure. Size of tv was small for a suite room and the channel button on the remote for one of the tvs was not working.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

The Whole Staff at Delores Hotel & Suites are friendly, honest, attentive, and prompt. At my day job, I deal with the public 5 days a week and I know how challenging it can be to deal with the citizens of this world. The Delores Hotel from my experience, (2nd) year in the row, deals with that challenge very well.

My room was clean, when I invited female friends over they felt comfortable. Clean linen, quality bath products, hot shower water, cold adjustable A/C, No nasty situations. No health hazards, No bugs, No unsanitary issues, and No low-hygiene concerns.

Karina, is a Great Front Desk person (2nd year in row) - "She keeps her word." She is the reason I will continue to book at the Delores for future South Beach Stays.

I was treated like a King and a celebrity.

Fred B. (Dance SouL-Jah)

Room Tip: They seem to be all good - I hear renovations are forthwith - and the rooms will be even better.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The Delores? Share your experiences!