“Memorial Weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Delores

You added The Delores to your Saves list
The Delores
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1420 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #142 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Amherst, New York, United States
“Memorial Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had a great weekend here. The room was clean and nice although it was a little small. The staff was very friendly and willing to help you get what you want. When I checked in I did think that I had already paid for the resort fee in my payment online, so that was a little confusing.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Checked in. I booked and paid online, but I had to sign a bunch of paperwork that took what seemed like forever. You have to pay for parking two blocks away. It was almost $2 per hour and you can only pay in 10 hour increments. So be mindful of the time. The room was clean. On their website, they stated that you can have two twin beds instead of one king. So after booking I called to request that and apparently they had new ownership from the day prior who wouldn't allow that. But I argued that because it was on their website, they should honor it. The website is no longer up and is under construction. There was no space to put any toiletries in the bathroom. But had a nice size closet where the safe was located. There is a weird kitchenette-ish type area with a long counter, two sinks, and a mini-fridge. But be careful as it is elevated and every time I walked up to it, I tripped because that little elevated step (about 3 inches) got me every time. The adjustments didn't work on the air conditioner so when we got too cold in the middle of the night, I had to stand on the bed in a sleepy daze and balance and stretch high enough to unplug it. It was the cheapest place on South Beach. So, I guess you get what you pay for. Would I stay there again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: Be careful of the weird step on your way to the kitchenette type counter. Make sure the air conditi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Weston, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Location is super convenient but price I paid did not match what I got. Floors were still dirty, the shower took forever to get hot, as well as no pressure. Size of tv was small for a suite room and the channel button on the remote for one of the tvs was not working.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

The Whole Staff at Delores Hotel & Suites are friendly, honest, attentive, and prompt. At my day job, I deal with the public 5 days a week and I know how challenging it can be to deal with the citizens of this world. The Delores Hotel from my experience, (2nd) year in the row, deals with that challenge very well.

My room was clean, when I invited female friends over they felt comfortable. Clean linen, quality bath products, hot shower water, cold adjustable A/C, No nasty situations. No health hazards, No bugs, No unsanitary issues, and No low-hygiene concerns.

Karina, is a Great Front Desk person (2nd year in row) - "She keeps her word." She is the reason I will continue to book at the Delores for future South Beach Stays.

I was treated like a King and a celebrity.

Fred B. (Dance SouL-Jah)

Room Tip: They seem to be all good - I hear renovations are forthwith - and the rooms will be even better.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
WDC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a hole in the wall! After checking in the sheets were dirty and so were the towels. I complained numerous times and was told my room would be changed it was never changed, no hot water the first night or even a faucet on the tub for that matter! The service was passed mediocre at best with the staff not speaking English! The pictures are very touch up! People sleeping in hallways outside of the rooms (majority safety concern) this hotel is worth $49 a night at it best! Did I mention the system is not even conputerized they check you in manually with pieces of paper?!? I forgot to mention no clean linen and even after I complained about the linen they left the same stuff on the bed!

• Stayed March 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Chose The Delores based on location and price, and did not have high expectations. The room was in good shape and well serviced, staff all friendly.

As noted by others the ‘continental’ breakfast is barely that. Internet was down for the entire 3 day stay.

The staff shared that there is new ownership of this property and they will be making improvements.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Daytona Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We made our reservation 3 weeks prior to our arrival. Upon arrival I needed a restroom and walked through the front door and down the hall assuming I'd find a public restroom. The only restroom was being worked on by a plumber. So, I saw a door ajar that housekeeping was in the process of cleaning. I went in and used the bathroom . I was shcoked by the size and condition of the room! Very Small and poor quality. I then went down the hall and checked out another room being serviced by housekeeping and discovered the same. I then went back to the front desk and my husband informed me that we had no reservation. The hotel was SOLD last week (2 weeks ago now) and not all the reservations transferred to the new owners. As a result, the hotel was booked and we were simply told "sorry". However, after seeing the rooms I felt this was a blessing in diguise. Which it was. We ended up booking with Pestana on James Avenue which turned out to be great. But from what I saw and experienced, I don't have any idea why anyone would stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Delores? Share your experiences!