“Not recommended” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Delores

You added The Delores to your Saves list
The Delores
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1420 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #138 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Not recommended”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We made our reservation 3 weeks prior to our arrival. Upon arrival I needed a restroom and walked through the front door and down the hall assuming I'd find a public restroom. The only restroom was being worked on by a plumber. So, I saw a door ajar that housekeeping was in the process of cleaning. I went in and used the bathroom . I was shcoked by the size and condition of the room! Very Small and poor quality. I then went down the hall and checked out another room being serviced by housekeeping and discovered the same. I then went back to the front desk and my husband informed me that we had no reservation. The hotel was SOLD last week (2 weeks ago now) and not all the reservations transferred to the new owners. As a result, the hotel was booked and we were simply told "sorry". However, after seeing the rooms I felt this was a blessing in diguise. Which it was. We ended up booking with Pestana on James Avenue which turned out to be great. But from what I saw and experienced, I don't have any idea why anyone would stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed at the Delores for 4 nights in Feb 2014, We found the hotel to be clean and well maintained, the staff was mainly helpful. They offer free beach towels, and small folding beach chairs (a nice perk).
Dont expect this place to be a resort, its a no frills spot. We chose the Delores because the nightly rate was very fair. The room was a bit small, but very comfortable. It had a small kitchen, which came in very handy. Our air conditioner was not working properly, and the staff came down and fixed it immediately.
Would I stay there again, or recommend to a friend? Yes

Room Tip: The first floor was a bit noisy
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Delores? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Delores

Address: 1420 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Location: United States > Florida > Miami Beach > City Center
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant
Ranked #138 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Hotel Class:3 star — The Delores 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Delores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Delores Hotel Miami Beach
Clarion Collection Delores
Clarion Collection Miami Beach
Clarion Miami Beach

If you own or manage The Delores, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.