“Best hostel on South Beach” 5 of 5 stars

You added Miami Beach International Traveler's Hostel to your Saves list
Miami Beach International Traveler's Hostel
1.5 of 5 Hostel   |   236 9th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
“Best hostel on South Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Yes, I mean it! For me, this was not only the best hostel on South Beach, but best hostel I ever stayed in. I wish those 7 night lasted longer. If you're a party animal this is the place to be! I payed like $25-27 per night for a 6 bed room and a private bathroom (this is one of the best things about this hostel, every room has its own bathroom), and there were 3 meals included. The food wasn't 5*, but for the money it was more than great. For breakfast we didn't only have butter and jam, but Nutella as well, 4-5 different types of cereals, milk, coffee, tea, muffins...(just to compare - my friend booked in a 3* hotel, they only had breakfast with only one thing - milk and cereals). For lunch it was always some kind of pasta with veggies and meat served cold or I remember ones there were hot dogs. And the dinner was almost always rice with chicken and some spicy sauce. My point is that even if you don't eat the meals all the time, the price is more than great for a hostel that is just 2 min. walk from the beach. The staff was extremely nice and friendly and try to help you with everything you need. The rooms were cleaned 5 times during the day - 2 times the whole rooms, and 3 times only the bathroom (I even think this is way too much). There was a billiard, a ping pong table, you can play music on your iPod, so you're never bored. There was wi-fi only in the lobby, but who need wi-fi in Miami? Obviously many people, since the staff was always trying to make people to talk between each other everytime they were seeing that everyone just looks in their phones or computers. 95% of the people staying there are young people within the age range of 18-30. There's always music AND, the hostel organises different parties every night. The price is different, according to the bar/club they bring you afterwards, you start the night usually with a keg of beer(unfortunatelly, nothing interesting, a Bud or Budlight) or a coctail keg, and you can drink as much as you like until there's nothing left. So, if you like partying as I said - this is the place to be, if you like a nice relaxing vacation, find something else.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep at night, ask for a room on the second floor. You will hear almost nothing from...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We booked to stay a few night. We checked in with a hung over front desk guy who didn't care. When they say party hostel, it's an understatement. Signs around the hostel saying no noise after 11 are not enforced. We arrived on a long trip with no sleep for 48 hours and decided we wouldn't party that night. Guys were in and out of our room racking lines of coke in the bathrooms, leaving our door open for anyone to steal our stuff. It was the worst. In the morning we went I check out, they refused a refund but we didn't care. We went to stay at bikini hostel and it was incredible. I have since fought the manager and then the owner who agreed to refund, instead the manager charged my credit card the $90 they owed me. Now I am trying to get a refund of both amounts and am having no luck getting the hostel to even reply to an email. Seriously. Don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I had a fun time at this hostel. That being said, I definitely would NOT recommend this hostel to anyone who is in Miami for a quiet relaxing getaway. The dorms were small with barely enough room to store my bag. I was constantly awoken by cleaners coming to clean the room at the most inappropriate times and the music was playing loudly from downstairs until at least 11pm nightly.
If you are in Miami to party however, this is the perfect hostel for you. Each night the hostels offers some free alcohol, VIP access to a chosen club as well as transportation to the club. All this comes for only $20-$25 USD; a far cheaper alternative then paying your own entry at the door.
Another positive of this hostel is the daily free breakfast, lunch and dinner. A great way for budget travellers to save money.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel is awesome if you are looking to explore the nightlife Miami has to offer at the cheapest price possible. Every night we went out with the hostel, we got what we were promised.. so the hostel is great in that regard. The hostel itself is still ok. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and the room was rather cramped with no place for our bags. Also the amount of times the room and place is cleaned is almost over kill.. it seemed our room was being cleaned hourly. It also made the smell from the cleaning products over bearing. I found the staff friendly and very helpful. Three meals a day is also great

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Lancing, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

The man behind the counter was friendly at first, but once we had checked in over the next five days of our stay he was rude every single time we saw him. We would say hi but he would just mutter under his breath. I think it's because I reported that money had been stolen from my bag overnight on my first night and he acted as if he didn't want to help me. He just snapped and said "well what can I do about it?"

On the first day I also had a complaint to make about the cleanliness of my room - I found a used condom under my pillow and there were crumbs and a dead cockroach on my sheets - it was as if it hadn't been cleaned at all! The guy at the front, who rolled his eyes at me, called a female 'manager' over. She was even more horrible. She constantly insulted me and wouldn't even come to look at my room to see what I was talking about. No apologies, no offer to come and change the sheets. I ended up having to sleep in my sleeping bag that night.

I work in customer service and I know people can be unreasonable sometimes, but I was always polite and when my money was stolen I was visibly upset, yet their response was belittling and rude. I've honestly never had such a bad experience at a hostel in all my life. You'd be better off sleeping on the streets instead of here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I arrived at 10pm on a Saturday night. The staff member poured me a beer and welcomed me to the hostel. The lobby was like a busy bar, people everywhere and loud music. I loved it, but it's not for boring, quiet people that want to sleep. All food is included, but it's only at certain times, which is fair enough. I was told to change my clothes and come join the party, I did. I paid money to go on the party bus, to Mansion club, vip entry. It was a super fun night.

The room was a 6 bed dorm, they had added another trolley bed as it was just before NYE, so there was no room at all for luggage with 7 women in one room. Small bathroom, but did the job. WIFI is really only in the lobby, some rooms might have it, but ours didn't on the 2nd floor.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else in South Beach, location was brilliant.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I've stayed in this hostel for 5 days and it was the best experience ever! If you travel by yourself you can meet people from everywhere easily! They plan parties every single night and the tickets are really cheap! Also they have music in the lobby and drinks at night!
Come on, if you want to meet people from all over the world and party all the time this is the place!! And just 3 minutes walking to the beach also 3 meals free a day!

I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Miami Beach International Traveler's Hostel? Share your experiences!