“THE party hostel” 3 of 5 stars

Miami Beach International Traveler's Hostel
1.5 of 5 Hostel   |   236 9th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
“THE party hostel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel is awesome if you are looking to explore the nightlife Miami has to offer at the cheapest price possible. Every night we went out with the hostel, we got what we were promised.. so the hostel is great in that regard. The hostel itself is still ok. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and the room was rather cramped with no place for our bags. Also the amount of times the room and place is cleaned is almost over kill.. it seemed our room was being cleaned hourly. It also made the smell from the cleaning products over bearing. I found the staff friendly and very helpful. Three meals a day is also great

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Lancing, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

The man behind the counter was friendly at first, but once we had checked in over the next five days of our stay he was rude every single time we saw him. We would say hi but he would just mutter under his breath. I think it's because I reported that money had been stolen from my bag overnight on my first night and he acted as if he didn't want to help me. He just snapped and said "well what can I do about it?"

On the first day I also had a complaint to make about the cleanliness of my room - I found a used condom under my pillow and there were crumbs and a dead cockroach on my sheets - it was as if it hadn't been cleaned at all! The guy at the front, who rolled his eyes at me, called a female 'manager' over. She was even more horrible. She constantly insulted me and wouldn't even come to look at my room to see what I was talking about. No apologies, no offer to come and change the sheets. I ended up having to sleep in my sleeping bag that night.

I work in customer service and I know people can be unreasonable sometimes, but I was always polite and when my money was stolen I was visibly upset, yet their response was belittling and rude. I've honestly never had such a bad experience at a hostel in all my life. You'd be better off sleeping on the streets instead of here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I arrived at 10pm on a Saturday night. The staff member poured me a beer and welcomed me to the hostel. The lobby was like a busy bar, people everywhere and loud music. I loved it, but it's not for boring, quiet people that want to sleep. All food is included, but it's only at certain times, which is fair enough. I was told to change my clothes and come join the party, I did. I paid money to go on the party bus, to Mansion club, vip entry. It was a super fun night.

The room was a 6 bed dorm, they had added another trolley bed as it was just before NYE, so there was no room at all for luggage with 7 women in one room. Small bathroom, but did the job. WIFI is really only in the lobby, some rooms might have it, but ours didn't on the 2nd floor.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else in South Beach, location was brilliant.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I've stayed in this hostel for 5 days and it was the best experience ever! If you travel by yourself you can meet people from everywhere easily! They plan parties every single night and the tickets are really cheap! Also they have music in the lobby and drinks at night!
Come on, if you want to meet people from all over the world and party all the time this is the place!! And just 3 minutes walking to the beach also 3 meals free a day!

I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Ludhiana, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

If you are young, looking to bum it out on the beach during the day and party at the most happening night clubs in the night, and do it all on a budget, then this is the place to be in Miami South Beach. If you are with a big group or traveling solo, then the dorms are just the ideal place for you; you'll meet numerous other fanatics around which always adds on to your travel experience. Of course, the hygiene standards are not that great, but you can't expect the best of everything at dirt cheap prices. All the meals are included, but the food isn't extraordinary and nothing to rave about, but you've options galore nearby for all kinds of cuisine. All in all, its a party hostel and not for the light-hearted.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Where do I begin!? We were greeted by the rudest staff members that led us to the most horrific room I have ever seen, with used condoms on the floor, stained bed sheets, dirt everywhere & a shower that doesn't even work. The only access to wifi is the lobby, which turns into a filthy nightclub at dinner time so there's no contacting home. When sitting in the lobby briefly, cockroaches ran across my feet!! We left, without any respect from staff, immediately with a possibility of disease from the sheets the first night. How this is "the best hostel in the world" is an absolute disgrace and wouldn't send my worst enemy to this place!

• Stayed December 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My friend and I were totally terrified. The lounge becomes a night club after only 8! Altho we stayed in a female dorm room, someone even brought guy back and our roommates some were drunk, some were noisy. However the staff were nice. That probably was the only good thing.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends