“Would recommend staying here!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jazz on South Beach Hostel

You added Jazz on South Beach Hostel to your Saves list
Jazz on South Beach Hostel
3.0 of 5 Hostel   |   321 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Atlantica Hotel & Suites) (South Pointe)   |
Waterford, Ireland
“Would recommend staying here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Myself and five friends (all students) stayed here at the end of our summer. We were looking for cheap accommodation in Miami that was close to the beach and had nightlife close-by. That's exactly what we arrived to!! The staff were helpful and friendly while we stayed there, the rooms were basic bunkbed-style rooms (a little cramped - but totally acceptable for the price we paid). Each night the Jazz's rep organised buses to and from the clubs and bands to get in at cheaper rates. It is also a stone throw away from the beach! If you are staying here make sure to visit The Big Pink Café up the road for food - massive portions for cheap prices! All in all a great stay - would definitely recommend to other young students looking to party and somewhere cheap to sleep at night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Perfect location, one block away from the fabulous beach and 2 blocks away from the shops. Very basic rooms and prison-like beds but you only need the room to sleep in and prepare for the amazing night out ahead! Staff were great, always involved in making sure we had a great night out and most of all it was affordable. I will never forget my time in south beach!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Me and my friend wanted stay 2 nights. But we had the most awful and disgusting experience in our lives. We always choose to stay in hostels anywhere we go and but we never get treated the way we treated at this Jazz hostel. One of the staff who was the night person was absolutely rude and dictating people. No sitting in the lobby after midnight, no standing or walking in front of the building after midnight. Sidewalk belongs to the city property but still we were getting pushed away not allowed to even stand side of the building. Just because we were standing front of building we got forced out of the hostel by police. We were not causing any disturbance. We were not drinking. We were not making loud noise. But we still got harrassed by the night person and got discriminated from others. Never ever Jazz hostel. Most horrible experience ever. I do not recommend this place to anyone. Don't spend your money and time such place like this. There are way better places we later found.

• Stayed September 2013
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Hostel is about having fun and when they telling you that you can not drink in your room or in the lobby or ask you to not stand outside.The day staff was good but the night time person was a rude vulgar inconsiderate donkey and if has the brain of a peanut.Good luck if you want to stay there.No class.You can find cheaper if there is 2 of you for 50 at hotel coupons dot com

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Izmir, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Location is really good , 1 min footwalk to the shore and really close to the Washington Ave.
However staff is not friendly and rooms are too small .
If you are going with friends you gonna have fun because it s like party place and they organize great events.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hostel before back in 2011 and it was a smooth and enjoyable experience. I wish I could say the same this year. I bought 11 friends with me after telling them it was good and friendly place to be about. The staff were extremely rude. I arrived late at the hostel one evening after travelling and didn't know which bed I was meant to be in, so I just got in any in the room until I could find out in the morning. At 3.30am a lady walked in with the receptionist from down stairs yelling very loudly at me saying I was in the wrong bed, but instead of being like oh I'm sorry miss you are in the wrong bed, he thought it was appropriate to call me by my second name several times, I do believe I'm not in the army and would have responded if he called me by my first name. He then proceeded to say if you don't get out of bed you're coming to pay the $10 fee again shouting at me like a child when infant I'm 23. I thought this was shocking customer service skills, I was totally appalled by this incident. I will never stay here again and wont recommend this hostel to anyone. If you maybecommunicate with each other before you end your shifts you may understand situations before you come barging in at 3am in the morning. I will stay else where in the near future. Absolutely awful

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

The hostel is just a standard hostel. Crap beds and dirty rooms and the air con is terrible. The staff an absolute disgrace and are miserable, they also shout at you instead of giving you help or advice. On the other hand, the people I met in the jazz we great and because of the people I met, I would be encouraged to return. The only thing letting the hostel down is the staff, we are in an English speaking country and none of them understand English, also they are rude. For e nightlife in Miami it is also a great hostel, as Ernesto sells tickets every night to the nightclubs and bars.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Jazz on South Beach Hostel? Share your experiences!