“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Came here for a few days and have no complaints about this hotel. The rooms were newly renovated and felt like we were the first guests to stay in the room. Jessica and Amanda were wonderful in assisting us with any questions or concerns we might have had. The location is on 21st a block away from Collins and across the street from a beautiful park. Orange blossom is the restaurant affiliated with the hotel which we had an amazing dinner at one night.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Cozy. Quiet. Convenient. Great little boutique hotel! I stayed in room 225 and it was just perfect for a solo trip. You can tell it was recently updated. Modern bathroom and furnishings and I liked that it wasn't the standard "white everything". It was quiet at night which was important for me. I loved loved loved the location! Walking distance to everything south beach is famous for and the beach is across the street! Miami Ballet and Art Basel public are also down the street. Coming back to my room felt like coming home.

The reason I gave it 4 stars is room service . A lot of the menu items are no longer available and what IS available is very basic and overpriced. Your food will be arriving in a plastic bag with a plastic fork, like a regular take out joint and not what you expect room service to be. Orange Blossom seems like a nice restaurant so it's probably best to just order from them directly. That being said the complimentary breakfast items are few but good.

The good outweighs the bad at SBH. I would definitely stay here again but just won't order room service.

Stayed December 2014
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I am glad that our Location, and newly Renovated Rooms enhanced your visit to Miami Beach. We also appreciate your honest feedback in regards to Room Service feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon. Feel free to contact me personally for your next booking.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

South beach hotel was the perfect choice for us for our stay during Art Basel. We got a room last minute and was happy we found this location. The service was incredible, a long with a great room to stay in. Michelle checked us in and explained everything in detail which was helpful. The park across the street was well decorated for Art Basel. The hotel was very cozy and felt like it was our home away from home. I would most certainly come back for a quick Miami get away!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for being our guest recently and for the review!

We are delighted to hear that our Location, Service and rooms exceeded your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to recognize Michelle.

We hope to welcome you home again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I just spent 4 days at the South Beach Hotel for art basel weekend. It was my first time staying at a boutique hotel and I was really quite impressed! The staff were all very accommodating and friendly. They gave me great recommendations on restaurants and shopping in the area. They set me up with a tour of Miami, and I really enjoyed everything about my stay. The rooms were clean and the artwork was very cool and unique. I will definitely come back here next year for art basel and recommend this as a great destination to visit in Miami beach. They had a really fun outdoor beer garden with trendy music and an eclectic group of people. I can’t wait to use my vacation days here in the near future!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share your experience.

We are thrilled you had a great stay during Art Basel and we hope you will come back to visit us very soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very happy with my stay at the South Beach Hotel. The rooms were very clean, and definitely appreciated the modern decor and artwork that stood out from the other hotels. Location is great--on 21st a block away from collins and the beach, right in the middle of South beach. The staff was very professional and made us feel right at home, especially Yessenia and Amanda. We had a free breakfast at their restaurant Orange Blossom which was fantastic. No complaints about my stay (except they were doing renovations during our stay, but we didn't mind). They told us they are opening a new restaurant so I will have to try it next time in town!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being our guest recently and taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review.

I am glad that our location was a key element to your vacation and even more delighted to hear our room size and décor as well as our friendly staff exceeded your expectations. I have shared your kind words to the team, especially Yesenia & Amanda. They are appreciative of your review and wanted to thank you!

Woodbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So happy to have found this hotel in the middle of South beach. The rates were very fair along with a more than suitable room for a short trip to Miami. The front desk agent Jessica was very helpful in answering any questions we had regarding the area. Free breakfast is always a plus. It wasn't your typical continental breakfast but a nice selection at a great restaurant around the corner. The best way to describe this hotel is convenient. A walk away from the beach and Lincoln road you can't beat that. I would suggest anyone to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for being our guest recently and for the review!

I will pass along your kind words to Jessica. I am delighted to hear that our Location along with our Service exceeded your expectations.

I hope to welcome you home again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Took a short trip to Miami beach and stayed at SBH. It was a great choice for us because of the location and affordable rates. We were very happy with the rooms, they were new and had felt like we were the first people to sleep in them. Jessica checked us in and was extremely helpful and making sure we had everything we needed. We were set up with lounge chairs on the beach and had free breakfast in the morning at their restaurant around the corner from the hotel. Its nice to be able to stay in a great room while not paying 800 dollars a night to stay at the SLS or another one of those hotels. They were doing renovations in the lobby apparently they are building a new restaurant and beer garden, really curious to see what they have to offer once its up and running.

• Stayed October 2014
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I am glad that our location, Beach Access & Rooms played a huge role in your stay with us! I have shared your kind words to the team, especially to Jessica.

jimmy@thinkhotelgrp.com

Been to SBH South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!