“Fantastic staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #106 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Kalundborg, Denmark
“Fantastic staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We arrived very late at night - first time in Miami! Omar at the frontdesk was so helpful. He arranged a parking spot for us and offered to go out at night to renew our parking, som we could get our sleep :-) Through our stay the staff was so efficient and always smiling - we had such a good time at this hotel, it felt like over 2nd home.

The room was very modern and clean - and we had plenty of space for four. The beach was very near - walking distance - so was shopping and restaurants.

The pool next door was great - the kids loved it as much as we did :-)

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Turkish first
Modena, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This place is wonderful...I can't think of anything bad to say! Mind you, that it's very easy for me to pick up on negative things when I go to a hotel! The staff was awesome , the room was very spacious and well cleaned. I can't wait to come back again! Thank you so much you made my stay wonderful!
Ps: The t-shirt that I bought from you guys reminds me of good memories :)

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
St. John
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Visiting Miami for a Jewelry show. A lovely short walk along a canal to the convention center through a park. The rooms were clean, comfortable beds and the best pillows EVER. Above all the staff was EXCELLANT! Especially Omar, Yessenia and Mary Rose. Always courteous, helpful and efficient. Suggestions: Would love to crack open a window for fresh air. The art is as tacky as it gets and the new wallpaper in the elevator........save it for the biker bar bathrooms. Their restaurant, the Orange Blossom's dinner menu was very eclectic and delicious. That staff could use some training, like 1st customers in, should not be the last ones served........but other than that a nice atmosphere, good food. Will definitely return for next year's show. Thank you Omar, Yessenia and Mary Rose for being the #1 reason we will return!

Room Tip: Not on the entrance side.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

There's no way this hotel should be rated so lowly.

I disagree that it's 'off the beaten path.' It's around a ten minute walk to the main hub of Miami Beach, but that's hardly a long walk and I would much prefer the extra walk but guaranteed peace and quiet and less zeros on the price.

Hotel was easy to find, initial impressions were good and no issues with check in. Normally I choose hotels with decent gym and fitness facilities, a room service/restaurant option and a communal area (as I like to travel alone and thus use these to mingle with the other guests) so this was a bit different for me as it doesn't offer these facilities. However, this was no doubt my fault at not paying attention to the amenities.

The room was of a good standard and was kept clean. It didn't seem very busy which was an added bonus for me. The reception staff were always very welcoming and assisted with any issues or queries I had.

I really don't understand what hotel most of the negative reviews are about because it isn't this one. I probably won't be returning for a few years because I managed to do almost everything in the time I was there, but I will be sure to stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is very nice, especially for the price. Clean and plenty of space for two. Loved the Art Deco theme. Customer service was also good, helpful staff. It is walking distance to the beach and shopping, restaurants, and nightlife. Check out the pool next door if you get a chance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

What a find this was! I stayed here in July for Miami Swim Week. A three block walk (about 10 min) to the Miami Beach Convention Center.
Only a few blocks to all the fun restaurants (all inside swanky hotels) on Collins.
The hotel, is beautifully Art Deco and without water views, it's one block away from the beach.
The staff is phenomenal - they did everything they could to make my stay comfortable. I arrived early, and Omar and MaryRose ran around the hotel to double check clean rooms, and get my colleague and I checked in and situated after red-eye flights. The entire front desk staff gave excellent customer service and really showcased that their guests are too priority. Even Michelle, who helped me with an early check-out to catch my very early flight, made sure my bill was organized and I understood all the charges so I could have a speedy exit.
The hotel was clean, good area and excellent staff - it's a great find!

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014

Stayed 4 nights here and loved it. Staff were extremley helpful and friendly, location was great ( 2mins to beach and 10 mins to lincoln road walking). Hotel may not have all features of large chains but this did not matter at all as pool next door and restaurant just round corner. Everyhting was clean and NO problems with bugs at all ( like in some reviews???)
All in all had a great 4 night stay in miami thanks SBH

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to SBH South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!