“Great hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #114 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Houston, Texas, United States
“Great hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is very nice, especially for the price. Clean and plenty of space for two. Loved the Art Deco theme. Customer service was also good, helpful staff. It is walking distance to the beach and shopping, restaurants, and nightlife. Check out the pool next door if you get a chance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Turkish first
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What a find this was! I stayed here in July for Miami Swim Week. A three block walk (about 10 min) to the Miami Beach Convention Center.
Only a few blocks to all the fun restaurants (all inside swanky hotels) on Collins.
The hotel, is beautifully Art Deco and without water views, it's one block away from the beach.
The staff is phenomenal - they did everything they could to make my stay comfortable. I arrived early, and Omar and MaryRose ran around the hotel to double check clean rooms, and get my colleague and I checked in and situated after red-eye flights. The entire front desk staff gave excellent customer service and really showcased that their guests are too priority. Even Michelle, who helped me with an early check-out to catch my very early flight, made sure my bill was organized and I understood all the charges so I could have a speedy exit.
The hotel was clean, good area and excellent staff - it's a great find!

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed 4 nights here and loved it. Staff were extremley helpful and friendly, location was great ( 2mins to beach and 10 mins to lincoln road walking). Hotel may not have all features of large chains but this did not matter at all as pool next door and restaurant just round corner. Everyhting was clean and NO problems with bugs at all ( like in some reviews???)
All in all had a great 4 night stay in miami thanks SBH

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We ran into trouble when we just found out on arrival that our B & B had been closed by the Miami authorities due to gas pipeline problems... The alternative they suggested was two blocks away and it turned out to be SBH. I must say that probably we ended out with a better option. We loved the beautiful art deco building, so typical in Miami, and the roof-top swimming pool conveniently located in the sister hotel next door.
I would highlight the positives:
- very nice decoration, with very good smell once you enter the lobby,
- hotel has been renovated, everything is new and in good condition,
- roof-top pool is a fantastic place to relax at the end of the day, with a superb view over South Beach "skyline" of big art deco hotels,
- fantastic location - very central, yet calm - near to where all the action happens in Ocean Blvd, Lincoln Road and the Spanish quarter,

Only some minor negative constraints:
- breakfast included only for 2, but we were 3 persons - not normal,
- breakfast is too scarce, really too frugal, maybe SBH should consider reviewing what is going on at Orange Blossom.....
- our room 202 had an inside door to a contiguous room (I believe room 204), the problem is that you can hear the noise from that room ....Luckily our "neighbors" were discreet, but woke us up while leaving very early in one morning.

But all in all our experience at SBH was very nice on the last two days of our US summer 2014 trip.

Parking tip - if you park in ZONE 4 (MUSEUM, without parking meters) during the day it is FREE, that's why it is difficult to find a parking spot. But during the night you need a Residents pass that we got from the B & B that we booked originally for 20 USD/day. Parking in the hotel costs 35 USD/day.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 202 and 204 because they have interconnected doors
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Elmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I stayed at this hotel the first week of August . When I arrived the outside of the hotel was exactly like the pictures shown on the website. I forgot the woman's name at the front desk when I checked in but she was very helpful. I stayed in room 213 which was on the second floor. The room was beautiful and spacious . The lamp over the desk didn't work . The bulb probably blew . I loved the blue lights that stayed on at night . For those who knock into things when they get up in the middle of the night . The only complaint I have is that they ran out if wash clothes other than that the stay was great ! It's around the corner from Collins and not around all the party hotels . I would of never gotten any sleep. I would stay there again :)

• Stayed August 2014
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share your experience.

We are pleased to hear that our Location, Spacious and Quiet Rooms exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon!

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

The hotel looks beautiful from the outside. Very miami Art Deco! Was welcomed on entrance, the staff are so accommodating. Jessie really looked after us Helped with every little detail. The manager Jimmy is the sweetest guy! Really helped us out with our stay overall.

The room was very spacious, big windows in the front and the bed was super comfy!
Art work around the hotel and in the bedrooms really adds an edgy touch. I think the artist is Santlov

The location is amazing. The hotel is a block away from the beach and a 5min walk to Lincoln road mall..

The hotel doesn't have an inside kitchen yet however there linked to a restaurant called orange blossom. We ate dinner there great food and the ambience is very chilled and relaxed. And it's opened late!

The SBH is also part of The Boulan.. It's right next door so convienient to use the rooftop pool.

Overall I love this hotel. It's low key very new and out of the way of touristy areas but close enough to walk to them. And if you don't like walking you can hire a deco bike across the street from the hotel!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I will pass along your kind words to Jessica. I am delighted to hear that our Hotel Location, Comfortable Beds, Beach Access and helpful Staff exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon. Feel free to contact me personally for your next booking.

jimmy@thinkhotelgrp.com
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

The hotel location is OK is away from all the tourist noise which is fine. The staff is very nice and helpful. Upon walk in it theres a weird damp smell but very quiet.The room was suitable I just couldn't deal with the ants they were every where!! I put my bottle of water down and they attack it. I was very upset because they charge you for every single thing in the room you get nothing free they would charge you for ice if they could. The room snacks water etc was a bit pricey bring your own. Our toilet got clogged at least 2-3 times a day(YES WE HAD TO PLUNGE OUR OWN TOILET) When you shower it leaves huge puddles of water on the floor because the shower is open. The continental breakfast selection is a waste of time. The pool next door on the rooftop was actually nice I guess because its consider a different hotel(I would rather stay there). So as we were leaving I got a bill for $45 for damaged towels and wash cloths which was insane. I have never in my life heard of damage wash cloths and hand towels(DID I MENTION THEY RAN OUT OF WASH CLOTHS) which is so insane. They remove the charge after we told them about our Toilet issue. Would I stay here absolutely not!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I apologize for the challenges that you faced while being our guest. Would you be kind enough to reach out to me at jimmy@thinkhotelgrp.com so that we can further discuss your stay?

I hope to speak with you soon so that we can address all your concerns.

Respectfully,

Jimmy Mouawad

Been to SBH South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!