“Not bad! Everyone's experience isn't the same !” 5 of 5 stars

SBH South Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   236 21st Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #117 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Elmont
“Not bad! Everyone's experience isn't the same !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel the first week of August . When I arrived the outside of the hotel was exactly like the pictures shown on the website. I forgot the woman's name at the front desk when I checked in but she was very helpful. I stayed in room 213 which was on the second floor. The room was beautiful and spacious . The lamp over the desk didn't work . The bulb probably blew . I loved the blue lights that stayed on at night . For those who knock into things when they get up in the middle of the night . The only complaint I have is that they ran out if wash clothes other than that the stay was great ! It's around the corner from Collins and not around all the party hotels . I would of never gotten any sleep. I would stay there again :)

• Stayed August 2014
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share your experience.

We are pleased to hear that our Location, Spacious and Quiet Rooms exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon!

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Turkish first
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel looks beautiful from the outside. Very miami Art Deco! Was welcomed on entrance, the staff are so accommodating. Jessie really looked after us Helped with every little detail. The manager Jimmy is the sweetest guy! Really helped us out with our stay overall.

The room was very spacious, big windows in the front and the bed was super comfy!
Art work around the hotel and in the bedrooms really adds an edgy touch. I think the artist is Santlov

The location is amazing. The hotel is a block away from the beach and a 5min walk to Lincoln road mall..

The hotel doesn't have an inside kitchen yet however there linked to a restaurant called orange blossom. We ate dinner there great food and the ambience is very chilled and relaxed. And it's opened late!

The SBH is also part of The Boulan.. It's right next door so convienient to use the rooftop pool.

Overall I love this hotel. It's low key very new and out of the way of touristy areas but close enough to walk to them. And if you don't like walking you can hire a deco bike across the street from the hotel!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I will pass along your kind words to Jessica. I am delighted to hear that our Hotel Location, Comfortable Beds, Beach Access and helpful Staff exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon. Feel free to contact me personally for your next booking.

jimmy@thinkhotelgrp.com
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel location is OK is away from all the tourist noise which is fine. The staff is very nice and helpful. Upon walk in it theres a weird damp smell but very quiet.The room was suitable I just couldn't deal with the ants they were every where!! I put my bottle of water down and they attack it. I was very upset because they charge you for every single thing in the room you get nothing free they would charge you for ice if they could. The room snacks water etc was a bit pricey bring your own. Our toilet got clogged at least 2-3 times a day(YES WE HAD TO PLUNGE OUR OWN TOILET) When you shower it leaves huge puddles of water on the floor because the shower is open. The continental breakfast selection is a waste of time. The pool next door on the rooftop was actually nice I guess because its consider a different hotel(I would rather stay there). So as we were leaving I got a bill for $45 for damaged towels and wash cloths which was insane. I have never in my life heard of damage wash cloths and hand towels(DID I MENTION THEY RAN OUT OF WASH CLOTHS) which is so insane. They remove the charge after we told them about our Toilet issue. Would I stay here absolutely not!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I apologize for the challenges that you faced while being our guest. Would you be kind enough to reach out to me at jimmy@thinkhotelgrp.com so that we can further discuss your stay?

I hope to speak with you soon so that we can address all your concerns.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were extremely disappointed in the way our reservation was handled here. We have been traveling around the U.S. for a month and this was by far our worst experience. We booked this hotel because it had a suite with two double beds and a pull out sofa. There were 3 of us traveling together so this suited us well even though it was off the main beach. First of all parking is an absolute nightmare and there were no signs saying that you park in the garage behind another building. You also have to get a ticket from the front desk before you can go to the garage which is difficult because there is no parking or area to pull over in front of the hotel. We arrived at 2:00 and were told our room wasn't ready but they could call us when it was. We even left our phone number written down for the front desk. By 4:40 we were so hot on the beach in our regular clothes that we came back and asked about our room even though they hadn't contacted us. Unfortunately they didn't have our suite available for that night any longer and would be moving us to a 1 king room (keep in mind there were 3 of us.) They said it was because we booked with hotels.com. I always book with them and never have I been downgraded to a smaller room (one that I had not booked.) we made the reservation 4 months in advanced. So be careful if you book with another party. Also don't plan on checking in early we didn't get to our room until 4:50. Seeing as we had dinner reservations for 5:30 and 3 of us in one small room to get ready...this was really unsatisfactory!! How many hotels don't check you in until nearly 5. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Edgewater. I've stayed there several times and it is a fabulous place in Sobe. I've even booked on hotels.com and not had a problem there. The only reason we stayed here was because they had suites which we paid for and didn't get!! Seriously AVOID!!! It was just a poorly managed hotel!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I hope to speak with you soon so that we can address all your concerns.

Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed 2 nights, loved the location. The walk to the beach was easy and the free umbrellas and chairs were great. It was a short walk to Lincoln Rd for great shopping and restaurants.

The hotel is an attractive old building, the rooms were updated and spacious. We had a corner king room with lots of large windows and light. Our adult kids were in a double that was less spacious. One wall in their room had been freshly painted, discovered when someone touched it, it was just luck that we didn't brush our clothes against it. They said the room also smelled of paint but it didn't bother them enough to move.

There were minor annoyances and oversights. There was no luggage rack in either room. There was nothing for free in the room, not even coffee or tea (no coffee in lobby either). The whole top of the dresser was full of crap for sale at exorbitant prices, as was the refrigerator and the closet. Thee was almost no room to put our own things, it was extremely annoying. We used the wine glasses and coffee cups without purchasing anything and had to hunt down housekeeping to get them replaced the next day, they just left the dirty ones. There were no water glasses or plastic cups of any sort.

We were very confused as to where to park when we got there, we ended up circling the block and paying a meter just to unload our luggage. If you are lucky you can score a spot for unloading right in front of the hotel. The valet is on the backside of the block, not in front of the hotel, and there was no porter or anyone to get your baggage from there to the room.

The free breakfast is at a small restaurant around the corner from the hotel, the choices were few and servings sparse. The pool in the sister property was nice and not too inconvenient. Overall we enjoyed our stay here and will consider it again next time we are in town.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your kind words.

We are delighted that our newly Renovated Spacious Rooms, pool and beach access exceeded your expectations. We also thank you for providing us with constructive feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Please feel free to reach out to me personally for your future booking.

jimmy@thinkhotelgrp.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We never had a problem with the staff members. They treated us with the utmost respect and made our stay very welcoming. I appreciate the service received by Mary Rose, Yesi, Erica and Michelle. Thank you all.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to recognize our talented and helpful staff!

Maryrose, Yesenia, Erica & Michelle send their regards and we await your return!

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Im from North Carolina and decided to come to South Beach, Miami for my Birthday and Im so glad I did. The staff at SBH(South Beach Hotel) were very friendly and helpful at making check In and Checking out a very smooth process. Maryrose and Erica made my stay at South Beach worth every penny. Next time I come to South Beach I will be staying here AGAIN! Thank you Maryrose, Erica, Michelle, Ramon and room service You all are the BEST!. I would recommend everybody to stay here. The rooms were great, the staff at their "sister" hotel which is next door were awesome as well. The clubs, bars,restaurants and Ocean is a block away, or short walking distance!(Great Location).

Very Respectful! A pleased Customer

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I have passed along your compliments to Maryrose, Erica, Michelle & Ramon and they wanted to thank you! I am delighted to hear that our staff and location exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Jimmy Mouawad

Been to SBH South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!