“Less is More.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #128 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Less is More.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I recently traveled to Miami and before leaving I was looking for a hotel close enough to Lincoln Road but not directly on the strip. SBH South Beach Hotel is just off Collins Ave on 21st. The hotel is small but I liked how quiet it was so there wasn't much noise. The staff is super friendly and helped us in every way. Rooms are very clean, there isn't a tub in the room if you wanted to take a bath but otherwise its decent. Beds are very comfy and if you forget anything they have it available in the room like sun tan lotion or even sunglasses. Overall I enjoyed my stay. It felt more personal then other hotels I've stayed in and I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Turkish first
Wiltshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here in June 2014. There was a rain storm as we arrived. We struggled into the reception after a delayed 9 hour flight . We were soaking wet and needed to ask where the parking garage was as there was no available space out front. The two young girls on the desk smiled politely but made not effort to help with the doors or our cases. We were told we would get the parking garage ticket when we filled all the checkin forms in and these were given to us. I asked if we could get the keys etc sorted later and just sort parking out first. The girl just shrugged and said we had to complete everything first . We then were given the whole talk on how to use the vouchers for breakfast , pool next door , extra towels etc. There was no feeling of being a valued guest - just someone who needed to be given the keys and vouchers.
The voucher for the parking worked fine. The garage was in the same block and the staff were efficient and friendly.
There was no restaurant at the hotel but vouchers for breakfast to be used at a place on the same block. The food was so good we went back for dinner. Vouchers were for drinks and either granola/ yogurt , pancakes or scrambled egg on toast. All were good.
We had a twin and King rooms. Both had a contemporary feel and plenty of space. The pictures on the wall were a little weird ( in the king room they were of a child in adult shoes wearing a Star Wars type white helmet and standing on a beach) but not offensive. The shower stall was large and the pressure was good.
The beds were really comfortable and the linen was white and crisp and clean.
On the second night the people opposite decided to play very loud music at about 1am. After about half an hour we rang guest services and asked if they could ask them to turn it down. Very soon after we heard someone knock on the door and politely ask that they turn the music off. The guest said it was his birthday and he was celebrating. The hotel employee was polite but insistent and the guest turned the music if. Whilst we didn't ask for off - just a lot quieter, we thought it was handled well.
Although we didn't use it we had access to the partner hotels roof pool and the hotel provided beach towels and chairs for guests.
The beach was easily and safely accessible with just one road to cross ( that had a proper crossing).
We would definitely consider the hotel again especially if the front desk service improved.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Trondheim, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Had a great stay here with two friends. We had a junior suite with three beds, and the rooms looked very good and were perfectly cleaned every day. The staff helped us out with tickets to some events and taxis, so I'm also very happy with the service.

We didn't use the nearby pool, so I can't speak of that. 4 minutes walking distance to the beach, so it has a good location although not "perfect". The free breakfast was ok, the food was tasty, but it could have been a bit larger servings. You also have to walk around the block to the restaurant who serves the food.

Room Tip: The junior suite is great if you are three persons who wants to share a room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When booking this Hotel make sure you have extra money put aside as there are hidden costs. We booked with Thomas Cook (Large Travel Company) weeks before we travelled, once we got to the hotel we was asked to pay extra due to we booked with a THIRD PARTY travel agent. We was shocked with this comment. They advertise that they have triple rooms and they accommodate more than 2 people this is incorrect we got a double room and they said they dont have any larger rooms. The staff was very unhelpful and did not look bothered. We asked for extra bed sheets as we was a party of three but they did not help at all so we had to make do which was a very uncomfortable. When we checked out we was FORCED to pay an extra £25 for the use of towels, WIFI, and the pool, we stayed here for ONE night and we checked in at 4.30pm so we did not use these facilities. This really took the ..... Stay away from this hotel as it is the least friendly, most unhelpful and most of all the most rip off!!!! There are lots of hotels in Miami that are far better. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

You walk in daily the staff don't acknowledge you. Rude staff. The photos on the website are misleading. Very badly renovated, unhygienic bathroom and mouldy and dirty windows. Very noisy. The worst place I have stayed at on my 6 week American trip, if not worst place I've stayed ever. Made me hate Miami.

• Stayed May 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel has the worst customer sevice I ever experience in my all my years of LIVING!!! I had to call the police because they over charged me for my room. Not only did they overcharged me they lock me and my friends out the room and requested more money!!! They room had gnats and mold in the windows. The worst hotel I ever stayed!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We visited this hotel in October 2012. We stayed for 3 nights following a trans-Atlantic cruise from Barcelona to Miami.
We were really impressed with the hotel & its location. It is about a ten to fifteen minute walk to Ocean Drive from the hotel & the beach is literally five minutes walk away.
The hotel was clean and the bathroom was modern with adequate facilities. The main bedroom was really spacious and had black out blinds too.
I remember the staff being extremely helpful & friendly. The croissant with butter & jam for breakfast was a nice touch & set us up for our tourist days out in & around Miami!
If you get chance you should definitely rent the bikes whilst in the city they are a great way of getting around and so simple to use - just enter your credit card and the bike is yours, they were really cheap & we were not over charged when we got back to the UK & couldn’t believe how inexpensive they were.
I would defiantly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to SBH South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!