“WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #117 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I am a frequent traveler to Miami and typically go with my husband or friends and on this trip I stayed at this hotel with my mom. This was the worst hotel I've stayed at in Miami and would not recommend it!!

Front Desk Staff - felt like they were doing you a favour every time you asked for something. Our room had two windows with no blinds or curtains. There were hooks where curtains used to hang so we asked for the windows to be covered so we could sleep. They said they would but it wasn't done.

Room - extremely noisy and very basic in terms of amenities. We had to move rooms because our first room was one that had a shared door and the people that stayed next door were very noisy after a night of partying and we couldn't sleep. The shower in our second room wasn't working so we practically showered in cold water. The in room safe was also broken and the hotel doesn't have a pool. Do yourself a favour and find another hotel to stay at.

Stayed April 2014
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I apologize for the challenges that you faced while being our guest. Would you be kind enough to reach out to me at jimmy@thinkhotelgrp.com so that we can further discuss your stay?

I hope to speak with you soon so that we can address all your concerns.

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Turkish first
Montville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Keep in Mind I travel often to Miami and usually depends on my mood where I'll be laying my head. The usual suspects, Mondrian, Perry, and Fountain. This time I decided to go Boutique... And from here on out this will be my choice. Located in the heart of all the action, W Hotel bar, restaurants, Perry and David Barton's across the street this was the perfect location. Located across the street from the beach and also has a rooftop pool attached to a sister hotel "the Boulan" which you have easy access to, makes this the perfect spot. So onto my check in... I was greeted at 1 am by the front desk guy Omar as my flight got in late. This guy must have just started his shift because he was full of energy and very accommodating. He gave me a preference as to which room I wanted and walked me to my room. At around 2 am I realized I was starving and needed a lifeline... Cue Omar.... I asked him if there were any places open within walking distance or would deliver and he to right on the phone for me.... Unfortunately no one was answering on a Thursday night or the delivery guy went home for the night.... Ready for this.... He told me about a phenomenal burger joint and said he would have a friend pick it up and deliver it.... By 245 am I had two burgers and an order of fries.... I then returned to my room for a night cap out of my fully stocked mini bar... (Ps- I housed all the candy and a bottle of Vodka that night and wasn't clobbered over the head at the end of my stay). The following day I spent a majority of the day conducting business using their wifi and lobby area to meet with a few clients... Yes Omar was still working and still in a great mood. Around 6 I snuck up to the pool to relax for an hour. On my way back down I had the privilege of spending about 20 minutes with the General Manager Jimmy (same guy from the old Perry South Beach) whom I've met on several occasions. He's a very friendly guy and always takes time out to speak with the guests.... He gave me a bit of the history about the hotel including the artwork that is in all the rooms and hotel by a guy I think is named "Santlov" (check this guy out his work is unreal), and then told me he had a few minutes to take a walk and show me a great place for a Cuban coffee.... Side note.... This is one of the most unique experiences I have ever had at a hotel in all my years travel.... It's not every day a GM takes time out of the day to really explain history and direction of a hotel.... This alone had me booking another trip with my fiancé for May, before I even checked out. As for the hotel itself.... Very very very clean.... Very comfortable bed.... Beautiful grounds.... Friendly housekeepers.... Awesome staff..... Awesome pool (I consider it their pool bc you can't tell what guests are from Boulan or SBH), and parking was very easy.... Valet or finding a spot on the street. I will stay at SBH anytime I am heading to Miami for a few day stay. If you are lucky you will run into Omar or Jimmy.... Best boutique hotel I have been to in Miami in my 9 years of traveling to South Beach. Very we'll done job by this management group... And if Jimmy or Omar read this... Thank you gentlemen... What a great experience!!!! Oh one last side note.... Sent my Attorney and his family of 6 down for 3 nights.... They had an amazing time and I will urge them to write a review of their experience!!!!

Room Tip: You won't break the bank with this Hotel.... Much more economical than other Boutique hotels and...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for being our guest recently and taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review.

We are delighted to hear that your return to Miami Beach was just as pleasant as your previous stays even though at a new location.

Omar and myself thank you for your compliments and await your return in May!

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at SBH several times, for both business and pleasure, and my experience is always great! It is the perfect hotel, central to everything in SoBe (you are a five min walk from the beach, Lincoln Road, nightclubs, restaurants, etc). The rooms are very clean, and the hotel has GREAT customer service, which is VERY important to me. Shout out to Omar and Michelle at the Front Desk! They were professional, friendly, and made me feel at home from the moment I stepped foot on to the property! I would HIGHLY recommend SBH to anybody visiting South Beach. You will not be disappointed! Thanks SBH!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at SBH South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share your experience.

I am glad that our Location was a key element to your vacation and even more delighted to hear that our Room Cleanliness as well as our Friendly Staff met your expectations. I have shared your kind words to the team, especially to Omar & Michelle. They are appreciative of your review and thank you!

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon. Feel free to contact me personally for your next booking.

Best Wishes,

jimmy@thinkhotelgrp.com
middx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First the negative and a warning .If you're put into a room with an intercomunicating door you will hear EVERYTHING as though these people are in your room.We tolerated this for one night then asked to be moved.Moved to another room facing a different wall but no worry, it was quiet.The hotel has been renovated and rooms look good.I doubt the bathroom fittings will last.
We liked the location and thoroughly enjoyed our stay overall.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being our guest recently and for the review!

We are delighted to hear that our Newly Renovated Rooms & Location exceeded your expectations. We have listened to your feedback and are in the process of finding a remedy to the ensure the connecting doors are equipped with a stronger sound barrier.

We look forward in welcoming you back on your next visit to Miami Beach!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location on 21st Street was a great location for us - a short 5 minute walk to the beach. The hotel/room was clean and tidy, some of the blue lighting in the room gave it a modern feel. The swimming pool is in the sister hotel next door and was no problem for us. Our only issue was the car parking. The option was to either park in a car park for around $20 per day or use the meters outside the hotel. We used the meters outside which have a maximum allowance of 3 hours for around $5 between 9am to 3am. Obviously a great inconvenience, but we managed to time the meter with us in and out of the hotel. We felt very comfortable at the hotel and would definitely stay again. Thanks SBH!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

We are glad that our Modern and Clean Rooms met your expectations. We are also delighted to hear that you took advantage of our complimentary Beach Chairs which are conveniently located less than 2 blocks away. Parking is always a challenge in Miami Beach, which is why we offer a discounted rate for our guests at the parking lot behind our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Djibouti, Djibouti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We occasionally travel to Miami to visit friends and family. This is the first time we chose to stay at an upper-scale style hotel. We were pleasantly surprised. We were greeted with a beautiful smile by Maryrose Bird. She ensured we were entirely happy with our selection of hotel. The location was perfect and the scenery was beautiful. We will return to Miami and we will be sure to stay at SBH!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share your experience.

We are thrilled you had a great stay and have shared your lovely comments with Maryrose.

We hope you will come back to visit us very soon!

Best Regards,

Denton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We travel with our friends (group of "old" school friends) quite a bit, and I must say I was very impressed with the overall stay and the overall service we got, young lady there Maryrose Bird, excellent young lady, very friendly, knows what she is talking about and very, very friendly and likeable...We will be back....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for being our guest recently and for the review!

I will pass along your compliments to the entire team, especially to Maryrose.

We hope to welcome you home again soon.

Jimmy Mouawad

Been to SBH South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!