“HECK NO. SAVE YOURSELF FROM THIS HEADACHE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Clinton Hotel South Beach

You added Clinton Hotel South Beach to your Saves list
Clinton Hotel South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   825 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The New Clinton Hotel & Spa Miami)   |
Ranked #112 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Orlando, Florida
“HECK NO. SAVE YOURSELF FROM THIS HEADACHE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Let me just start of by saying if I could give this hotel 0 stars, I would. Hell they deserve negative stars for what they put me through. I called 2 days prior to my stay to check to see if my reservation was set, they couldn't find me in the system and the girl who answered my phone was rude. When I arrived to the hotel, there was no clear direction of where to park for valet, and when I went to check in, the girls at the front desk did not greet me or my party, they were rude and they were about to charge me twice for the room that I already paid for. I told them that the charges need to be dropped because I paid and they said "yes, definitely." So we got 2 rooms, that were on the same floor but different halls, I asked if they had rooms near each other and their answer was "OH WE ARE COMPLETELY BOOKED." So we get into our rooms and the AC didn't work in one, so the guy called down and they switched our second room to the room across the hall from the first room. Completely booked.... Yeah anyway... Hotel wasn't all that clean, shower floor was gross, the beds were disgusting, and this hotel looks NOTHING like the pictures. So come time to check out, I sent my boyfriend to check out his room first. They ended up charging my card an extra $300....After I told them I already paid. They told me it was "too late to reverse the charges" and I would have to call back tomorrow because the manager isn't there. I asked if I could leave my number and they said "the manager won't even call you back"...What kind of place is this? A manager won't even call back for a mistake made by their employees?? Anyway, I asked for my cars to be brought around. 2 cars came in 10 minutes. No problem. My car took 45min-1hr just to come around. The valet guy started to argue with us when we asked why it took so long. I was so pissed off at the terrible service that I just got in my car and left. When I got home, I found that the stupid valet guys DENTED my car, Tore my fender liner off and tried to repair it and left over 10 scratches on my front left panel. When I called back the guys were rude and denied that they did anything. So now I am left with a car to fix thanks to these morons. Oh and also I still have that $300 charge on my credit card. I call back every day and they say that they refunded it....Ha....My bank will be taking care of this one for me. DO NOT STAY HERE. IT IS TERRIBLE. Yes it may be cheap and by the beach, but trust me, pay an extra $50 and stay elsewhere. They don't care about their guests. They're horrible. They yelled at me over the phone and hung up multiple times when I tried to call. They don't take responsibility for their actions and pass the blame onto someone else. AVOID AVOID AVOID at ALL COSTS!!!!!!! Worst hotel experience ever. I'd rather stay at a motel 6 than this place!

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Sterling Heights, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great location and friendly staff-Pool area was nice. Rooms were clean and had basic amenities-small hotel but fun for a weekend in Miami. Location was convenient-walking distance to area restaurants, shopping, and Miami Beach.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed in the Clinton hotel for 4 days ; quick get away birthday weekend with my cousin and friends ; since the minute I walked in I was treated gracefully and was helped out by like and Joel . The front desk staff also very helpful and kind to fit your needs Djenane and schneidine. Best location 2 blocks from ocean drive and beach. Shuttle driver Yasiel also helpful to get to your needs and answered question in friendly matter. Overall the staff makes your stay a enjoyable time. I will stay here again next time.m

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for three nights in April. The free shuttle picked us up at the airport (though it stops running at 4:30 pm, so make sure your flight gets in before that time). The location is right in the middle of South Beach, two blocks off of the beach. The hotel itself is nice enough, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was ok - everything in the hotel and in the rooms is white (tile, furniture, etc.), so any dirt shows through. One nice thing is that you get vouchers for a free happy hour at the attached bar, but you'd better enjoy gin or vodka!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Pros: Location just a few short blocks to beach. TONS of food, shopping and nightlife nearby. Free wifi. Staff was mostly friendly.
Cons: Small rooms, hard beds, dated decor, few working outlets, tiny pool. Beware the "resort" fees (hard to justify considering the lack of amenities.) Typical expensive parking.

Overall - price is reasonable for the area, you are paying for location and not much else. Clean and decent but nothing special.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This place is only a few blocks from South Beach! The rooms are clean and kept up. The staff was very helpful and answered all of our questions. The pool was nice and we were only feet away from a amazing selection of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great location, only 3 blocks to the beach! Our room was upgraded to a suite that had a flat screen TV and private Jacuzzi outside our balcony. We didn't stay in the room much but whenever we got back from the beach our room was always cleaned. The staff always greeted us, opened the doors and asked if we needed cabs. Leker was especially nice as he helped us with our bags and watched our stuff on the last day. I would definitely recommend this hotel and come back myself. If your going to Miami for a luxury resort they are far and few between. For our purpose, this hotel was everything and more. We spent most of our time at the beach, eating on the strip and checking out the shops. When we did return to the hotel, it was always pleasant!

Room Tip: suite had less noise than hallways
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Clinton Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!