“"Enjoyed the Stay"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clinton Hotel South Beach

You added Clinton Hotel South Beach to your Saves list
Clinton Hotel South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   825 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The New Clinton Hotel & Spa Miami)   |
Ranked #110 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Maryland
“"Enjoyed the Stay"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Nice, simple straight to the point hotel. Concierge Lakier was our go to person throughout the whole trip. My wife booked as a surprise, he even added a complimentary champagne and a card the day of. He told us about attractions and booked our trips and transport accordingly.
Rooms where clean, bed was comfortable. Most, if not all rooms are small in the Art Deco area. The breaksfast and happy hour was not pleasing to us, but to each it's own.
Over all we enjoyed our stay. Traveled (March 18-22)

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I'm glad we booked this hotel, we stayed here for 2 nights and we got a nice welcome. I was slightly unsure of the neon-nightclubbing decor in the place but the room was clean, reasonably sized, fresh and bright. It is perfectly located near to south beach, good shopping and restaurants. Cuban cuisine is a must - and there are plenty nearby!

The staff are the highlight here. Listen to this....When I got to the airport after checking out in the morning, I realised I couldn't find my watch. It was a 21st birthday present and very special. I vaguely recalled it being on the side in our room close to the bin, so I rang up the hotel in a panic and asked them to check the room. Not only did they check the room (and it wasn't there) they went out into the trash bins, went through them all and found my watch!!!! Bernard then arranged for it to be put on the next shuttle to the airport and we got on the plane in time. I was absolutely gobsmacked and grateful to the end of the earth that the staff had gone above and beyond to find my precious watch. Wish I could have given them more of a thank you than a tip, really!

We actually stayed here in February 2013 but have only just got round to doing a review (it's memorable!).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is a gem. A great place to spend a night or a week. The hotel hosts a free nightly party featuring free booze and great bartenders. This party is also a great place to meet new friends. They also feature a free breakfast every day. Enjoy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
South Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My overall feelings on this: overpriced and just "okay."

The best things about it was how close of a walk it was to the beach and Ocean Ave, (which has all the restaurants and whatnot), the cute (but surprisingly tiny) pool area, and the size of the glassed-in shower, haha.

Having said that, we definitely had a few complaints:

1) The huge glassed-in shower sounds great in theory, but two seconds into showering and there was a FLOOD on the bathroom floor that was impossible to stop, no matter how you angled the shower head or tried to cover the gap. It was a total mess, more than we could even mop up with the towels we were given, so we just had to deal with standing in a puddle every time we used the bathroom. Not fun when you want to keep your feet dry and warm!

2) The bathroom door also jammed, so it took a great deal of force to open and close it. I almost got trapped in the bathroom a few times. Minor complaint, but still kind of annoying.

3) This has got to be the worst part of our room woes: the A/C only worked on 60 degrees, RUNNING CONSTANTLY, or not at all. It was the WORST night of sleep I had ever gotten at a hotel because I was FREEZING, which was a shame because the pillows were really comfortable. It was seriously like a meat locker in there all night. By the time we had gotten back to our hotel room at the end of the night and discovered the issue, it was almost 2am, so I knew that if we called maintenance, they would just move us to another room and there was no way we were moving all our stuff out at 2am. I tried turning it off, but it got too warm (cuz, you know, it's MIAMI...), so we just dealt with it being on and huddled close together.

3) This isn't a complaint so much as a testament to the "averageness" of the hotel: While the staff is nice enough, don't expect to get any special treatment out of your stay if you're going for a special occasion: we informed them that it was our anniversary because usually hotels will do something nice for you, even if it's small, like chocolates on the pillow or something (especially when you're paying that kind of money). Our request was ignored and nothing complimentary given, which isn't a huge deal, but it just added to the fact that it wasn't our favorite hotel we've ever been to.

4) Probably the biggest bummer was the cost: There's a resort fee of almost $40 which really doesn't make sense considering there aren't any special amenities and I would definitely not consider it a resort or having anything special worth paying a fee for. That in addition to the overnight valet fee would have bee enough for a nice meal, so $80 worth of fees ON TOP of paying $220 for a one-night stay (and that was a special rate!) just seemed WAY not worth paying for again at any point in the future.

Overall, it was just "alright," and we expected a little something more spectacular for the money. I see this place as more suitable for spring-breakers who can split the cost of the room and don't really intend on spending much time in it, as opposed to a couple on a romantic getaway. Can't say it was terrible, but can't say I recommend it, either.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
ltase, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Guest , Thank you for reviewing our hotel . We are one of the busiest hotels in the area running with nearly 100% occupancy year around and we try to respond all guest reviews and maintain a high satisfaction. I have addressed your concerns about the bathroom with our our engineering team and they are fixing the problem in that room. We do offer many services for anniversary such as complimentary champagne . Please send us an email at the email i have attached below prior to your arrival in order to give us some time to organize the things. Looking forward to see you during your future trips .

Cheers
At your service
Rumson NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

In South Beach for business, four nights. I arrived early and got an early check in with no hassle. Front desk staff very helpful over my five days. Concierge very helpful. My room was very clean and the cleaning staff were friendly. Used the valet parking and was happy with that along with a late checkout – I found the staff friendly and helpful. The location of this hotel is terrific. I will definitely stay here again and would bring my teenagers and my husband. I would probably not recommend this for a super special romantic weekend but for the price in South Beach, the value was excellent.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Guest , Thank you for reviewing our hotel we do appreciate your feedback. Our team is very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to accommodate you and your family during your future trips and make sure that next time you have even a more enjoyable stay.

Thanks again

At your service
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Stayed 2 nights ... Pillows had hair on them and dirt! The mirror had toothpaste on it and the toilet was gross. They did not vacuum . I had them come up and clean it and they were nice about it. The pic of lobby above is not accurate. Not impressed!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Kourine, Can you please send us some details about the room number , floor or last name in order to verify the review and correct the issues if any.
FRONTDESK@CLINTONSOUTHBEACH.COM
Queens, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My group went to Miami to celebrate a birthday. We stayed at Clinton for four days. The facilities was pretty good but some amenities in the rooms need upgrading. Overall it was a good hotel and I would stay there again.

Just a heads up the walls are thin!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Guest, Thank you for reviewing our hotel we do appreciate all your positive feedback about the facilities and we take pride offering more perks than the bigger chains such as Airport shuttle,unlimited WiFi, Netflix integrated TVs,personalized concierge, free happy hour and more. We did upgrades most of rooms specially balcony rooms, suites and doubles and we working to improve the amenities in budget rooms. Thank you so much for the review let us know next time you travel to South Beach because we want to make sure than you have even a better stay.

At your Service
Luigi T

Been to Clinton Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!