“Great choice, location, hospitality and experience!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clinton Hotel South Beach

You added Clinton Hotel South Beach to your Saves list
Clinton Hotel South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   825 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The New Clinton Hotel & Spa Miami)   |
Ranked #120 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great choice, location, hospitality and experience!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Let me first start by thanking Michelle, and Josie!!!!! Before I even made it down there the constant communication was wonderful. She was very pleasant and accommodating. She made sure my room was available and I truly appreciate that. The shuttle was on time both ways and comfortable. Check in with Josie was a breeze. She was very nice and informative. Now as for the room, IT WAS GREAT!!!! now let me explain great. It was spacious, clean and cool. I had the King suite with the private terrace and Jacuzzi. I loved it, it was very private. The only issue I found spots on the comforter. However, I called the front desk and they had someone come to change them very quickly. The room was cleaned daily and they did a good job. The complimentary breakfast is cute, eggs and potatoes. But the potatoes are really good and for no more then 10 dollars you can add a side of meat and toast. Location is the best!!! Washington is the best street. Reasonably priced food, stores, and trinkets. I would definetly stay here again, no doubt about it!!!!

Room Tip: when booking through a third party, specific rooms should be made as additional request.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Jimmy M, General Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, June 20, 2015
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback.

We are happy to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed your stay. We are thrilled to announce the Clinton Hotel has recently undergone a change of Ownership, and will be striving to provide various enhancements to improve our guest experience.

We hope you will return in the near future to experience all the exciting improvements!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Service was equivalent to Ritz Carlton standards. Staff demonstrated sincerity in being accommodating and providing genuine South Beach Hospitality. Location and amenities are perfect, and very inexpensive for the value. The valet, snack area, bellman, maintenance crew, pool attendants, waitstaff, and front desk service all made genuine efforts in providing and exceeding personalized and memorable experiences. The accommodations were clean, modern, comfortable, and relaxing. They even have peaceful room-side oasis fountains to relax by, in the midst of south beach madness. Amazing staff providing stellar service, competitive accommodations, and incredible value. My mother went to work, i went to play and needed special accommodations for my service animal. Some guests were on a honeymoon, some were international tourists, some were high rollers, some were businessmen, some were families, some were college students. Everyone was stoked on their stay. This is the place for everyone's needs and budget. Save your more money for the expensive drink and meals out on the town. Check this property out if you appreciate south beach hospitality, prime location, and value. We would absolutely stay again without hesitating to look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Hamilton, Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Not sure what I expected for my stay here. The room was good, spacious enough for me. I enjoyed the shower set up as well. The hotel did feel a little dated, despite being open for 10 years. The staff were ok, but maybe a little impersonal. That might be par for the course in south beach though. Overall, right in the mix in miami. I might reconsider staying here again if I return to miami.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The staff was amazingly professional and was there to service my requests. I caught the complimentary airport shuttle to the hotel - It arrived and left on time. Same as the return trip from hotel to airport.

Location - 3 blocks from the beach, surrounded by restaurants, most of the shopping is on Collins Ave (1 block east of hotel). The hotel pool is a bit small, but just take a dip in it to say that you used every amenity the hotel has to offer.

The room itself was decent - very typical Art Deco district hotel rooms - old/ bandaged and as clean as it will be. There was a mini leak in the room during the torrential downpour and smelled a bit musty afterwards, but didn't ruin my stay there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

when i went to the this hotel the customer services was amazing. when i got to the front desk, the front desk rep was amazing. her name was chantale and she was multitasking like no other. the Clinton hotel was an amazing stay for me when it comes to the rooms, staff and atmosphere. i would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

London, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

For my first trip to Miami, I picked the Clinton as I found a good deal online for a room for a week. Although there are many mixed reviews here, my experience was largely a positive one - check in was smooth and friendly, the room was a lovely size and had a good bed, nice shower and good Wi-Fi. The shuttle to the airport is very useful too (I would suggest making your own way to the hotel).

All the staff were friendly and helpful and even though my room faced the front street and had the lift opposite, I was happy to have a view and the noise that many reviews mention was not really an issue (except perhaps on the weekend but there is little the hotel can really do about this - some parties were more considerate than others).

The concierge was also helpful in organising an excursion though I would not advise the hop on hop off bus tour that picks up from outside the hotel - the quality of this tour was not satisfactory and had the hotel not endorsed it, I would have chosen another tour. However, Dijon was fantastic in booking an excursion for me and was always cheerful and pleasant (as were all the staff).

The only two points I had were regarding the complimentary breakfast which one needs to get a token for and can only get eggs and house fries. This was awkward and I ended up going out to breakfast nearby instead as it was more satisfying and better quality. I believe management need to review offering a breakfast service - a limited menu is a good idea but the current offerings do not really add any value. I would suggest either expanding options or doing away with the service altogether and allowing guests to pay their way or go elsewhere.

Secondly, whilst the hotel was clean, I did feel sometimes my room could have done with a deeper clean - please note this is a personal preference and there is an existing good standard of cleanliness in practice. As the hotel has a unique design aesthetic that is rather subjective (as all decor is!), a higher standard of cleanliness would enhance the experience one has at the Clinton.

Aside from these points, I cannot fault the hotel's efforts to ensure I had a good stay and all factors considered, I had a good time at the Clinton and with the deal I got, this was even better. If you like a hotel with a bit of character and don't mind the shabby chic, you will enjoy the Clinton. I would certainly stay here again

Room Tip: If you want a view, you'll have to accept some noise will come with it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The Clinton was a lovely place in perfect location right in the center of South Beach. This hotel is a couple blocks away from the beach and all the crowds and noise that go with it. Service was wonderful and the rooms were clean and very affordable. Rita checked us in and was very pleasant and helpful with directions. I thoroughly enjoyed my stat at the Clinton and will return soon!

Room Tip: The hotel is not huge so I think all of the rooms would be equally good.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends