“Pretty decent stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clinton Hotel South Beach

Save Saved
You added Clinton Hotel South Beach to your Saves list
Clinton Hotel South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   825 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The New Clinton Hotel & Spa Miami)   |
Ranked #94 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Pretty decent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Not sure what I expected for my stay here. The room was good, spacious enough for me. I enjoyed the shower set up as well. The hotel did feel a little dated, despite being open for 10 years. The staff were ok, but maybe a little impersonal. That might be par for the course in south beach though. Overall, right in the mix in miami. I might reconsider staying here again if I return to miami.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The staff was amazingly professional and was there to service my requests. I caught the complimentary airport shuttle to the hotel - It arrived and left on time. Same as the return trip from hotel to airport.

Location - 3 blocks from the beach, surrounded by restaurants, most of the shopping is on Collins Ave (1 block east of hotel). The hotel pool is a bit small, but just take a dip in it to say that you used every amenity the hotel has to offer.

The room itself was decent - very typical Art Deco district hotel rooms - old/ bandaged and as clean as it will be. There was a mini leak in the room during the torrential downpour and smelled a bit musty afterwards, but didn't ruin my stay there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

when i went to the this hotel the customer services was amazing. when i got to the front desk, the front desk rep was amazing. her name was chantale and she was multitasking like no other. the Clinton hotel was an amazing stay for me when it comes to the rooms, staff and atmosphere. i would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
London, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

For my first trip to Miami, I picked the Clinton as I found a good deal online for a room for a week. Although there are many mixed reviews here, my experience was largely a positive one - check in was smooth and friendly, the room was a lovely size and had a good bed, nice shower and good Wi-Fi. The shuttle to the airport is very useful too (I would suggest making your own way to the hotel).

All the staff were friendly and helpful and even though my room faced the front street and had the lift opposite, I was happy to have a view and the noise that many reviews mention was not really an issue (except perhaps on the weekend but there is little the hotel can really do about this - some parties were more considerate than others).

The concierge was also helpful in organising an excursion though I would not advise the hop on hop off bus tour that picks up from outside the hotel - the quality of this tour was not satisfactory and had the hotel not endorsed it, I would have chosen another tour. However, Dijon was fantastic in booking an excursion for me and was always cheerful and pleasant (as were all the staff).

The only two points I had were regarding the complimentary breakfast which one needs to get a token for and can only get eggs and house fries. This was awkward and I ended up going out to breakfast nearby instead as it was more satisfying and better quality. I believe management need to review offering a breakfast service - a limited menu is a good idea but the current offerings do not really add any value. I would suggest either expanding options or doing away with the service altogether and allowing guests to pay their way or go elsewhere.

Secondly, whilst the hotel was clean, I did feel sometimes my room could have done with a deeper clean - please note this is a personal preference and there is an existing good standard of cleanliness in practice. As the hotel has a unique design aesthetic that is rather subjective (as all decor is!), a higher standard of cleanliness would enhance the experience one has at the Clinton.

Aside from these points, I cannot fault the hotel's efforts to ensure I had a good stay and all factors considered, I had a good time at the Clinton and with the deal I got, this was even better. If you like a hotel with a bit of character and don't mind the shabby chic, you will enjoy the Clinton. I would certainly stay here again

Room Tip: If you want a view, you'll have to accept some noise will come with it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The Clinton was a lovely place in perfect location right in the center of South Beach. This hotel is a couple blocks away from the beach and all the crowds and noise that go with it. Service was wonderful and the rooms were clean and very affordable. Rita checked us in and was very pleasant and helpful with directions. I thoroughly enjoyed my stat at the Clinton and will return soon!

Room Tip: The hotel is not huge so I think all of the rooms would be equally good.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I was recently in south beach on business, and had chosen the Clinton hotel based solely on location. I picked it at random, as I have never stayed in south beach before.
I was TOTALLY pleased! even though I was there on business, I did want to take a little down time and loved the fact that the hotel offered a free happy hour at the bar, free drinks, who doesn't love that! Also the fact that it was only a 3 minute walk to the beach....allowed me to take in some sunshine without dipping too far into my work time.
The room was nice and clean, and when i requested a quiet room, Rita, who checked me in put me in a room that was just what I asked for...quiet. It had no view, which she mentioned, but that didn't matter to me since i had work to do.
It was a short cab ride to the convention center and walking distance to some good restaurants that seemed local, not your typical tourist traps.
During the day, I was even able to get some work done on my laptop out by the pool area which was pretty quiet and had a relaxing feel in the middle of a very busy lobby, bar area and south beach...which i have learned is pretty hectic and kind of party central!
If i have to come back to south beach on business or pleasure, I will definitely choose the Clinton....the entire staff was awesome and super helpful to me.

Room Tip: specify what you want upon check in....south beach can get pretty loud, so if you want a quiet room...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Thus hotel is cosy, nice and feels like home. The restaurant food from next door wasn't all that great. The concierge was really helpful. The one name I can't forget is Chantale. She is very friendly, bubbly and nice. Durning check in she ask about my day and look really tired but had the energy of two toddlers. Literally every I was there I came down stairs just for her and tell her about my day and my husband's day. She seemed so interested and always so happy to hear my stories. The hotel staff and service is great. I felt like I knew Chantale. Anyone that goes needs to encounter Chantale I promise you won't regret.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that are quiet side
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Clinton Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!