For my first trip to Miami, I picked the Clinton as I found a good deal online for a room for a week. Although there are many mixed reviews here, my experience was largely a positive one - check in was smooth and friendly, the room was a lovely size and had a good bed, nice shower and good Wi-Fi. The shuttle to the airport is very useful too (I would suggest making your own way to the hotel).
All the staff were friendly and helpful and even though my room faced the front street and had the lift opposite, I was happy to have a view and the noise that many reviews mention was not really an issue (except perhaps on the weekend but there is little the hotel can really do about this - some parties were more considerate than others).
The concierge was also helpful in organising an excursion though I would not advise the hop on hop off bus tour that picks up from outside the hotel - the quality of this tour was not satisfactory and had the hotel not endorsed it, I would have chosen another tour. However, Dijon was fantastic in booking an excursion for me and was always cheerful and pleasant (as were all the staff).
The only two points I had were regarding the complimentary breakfast which one needs to get a token for and can only get eggs and house fries. This was awkward and I ended up going out to breakfast nearby instead as it was more satisfying and better quality. I believe management need to review offering a breakfast service - a limited menu is a good idea but the current offerings do not really add any value. I would suggest either expanding options or doing away with the service altogether and allowing guests to pay their way or go elsewhere.
Secondly, whilst the hotel was clean, I did feel sometimes my room could have done with a deeper clean - please note this is a personal preference and there is an existing good standard of cleanliness in practice. As the hotel has a unique design aesthetic that is rather subjective (as all decor is!), a higher standard of cleanliness would enhance the experience one has at the Clinton.
Aside from these points, I cannot fault the hotel's efforts to ensure I had a good stay and all factors considered, I had a good time at the Clinton and with the deal I got, this was even better. If you like a hotel with a bit of character and don't mind the shabby chic, you will enjoy the Clinton. I would certainly stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened in 2004, Step out of the Clinton Hotel South Beach and into one of the most electrifying destinations in the world. The Clinton is a boutique hotel in the heart of South Beach Miami nestled in the middle of world class clubs, restaurants and shopping, all while being just steps from the white sandy beaches that Miami and South Beach are famous for. The Clinton Hotel South Beach boutique hotel follows its own muse with its cutting edge design and innovation and abandoning most conventional ideals of hotel design. The result is an ultra-cool, intimate South Beach hotel and sexy place to stay when visiting one of the world's most popular destinations.The guestroom accommodations are edgy, quirky and sexy. The staff is hip, cool, and connected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Clinton Hotel South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The New Clinton Hotel And Spa Miami
- Clinton Hotel Miami Beach