“great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clinton Hotel South Beach

Save Saved
You added Clinton Hotel South Beach to your Saves list
Clinton Hotel South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   825 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The New Clinton Hotel & Spa Miami)   |
Ranked #93 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I was recently in south beach on business, and had chosen the Clinton hotel based solely on location. I picked it at random, as I have never stayed in south beach before.
I was TOTALLY pleased! even though I was there on business, I did want to take a little down time and loved the fact that the hotel offered a free happy hour at the bar, free drinks, who doesn't love that! Also the fact that it was only a 3 minute walk to the beach....allowed me to take in some sunshine without dipping too far into my work time.
The room was nice and clean, and when i requested a quiet room, Rita, who checked me in put me in a room that was just what I asked for...quiet. It had no view, which she mentioned, but that didn't matter to me since i had work to do.
It was a short cab ride to the convention center and walking distance to some good restaurants that seemed local, not your typical tourist traps.
During the day, I was even able to get some work done on my laptop out by the pool area which was pretty quiet and had a relaxing feel in the middle of a very busy lobby, bar area and south beach...which i have learned is pretty hectic and kind of party central!
If i have to come back to south beach on business or pleasure, I will definitely choose the Clinton....the entire staff was awesome and super helpful to me.

Room Tip: specify what you want upon check in....south beach can get pretty loud, so if you want a quiet room...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Thus hotel is cosy, nice and feels like home. The restaurant food from next door wasn't all that great. The concierge was really helpful. The one name I can't forget is Chantale. She is very friendly, bubbly and nice. Durning check in she ask about my day and look really tired but had the energy of two toddlers. Literally every I was there I came down stairs just for her and tell her about my day and my husband's day. She seemed so interested and always so happy to hear my stories. The hotel staff and service is great. I felt like I knew Chantale. Anyone that goes needs to encounter Chantale I promise you won't regret.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that are quiet side
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This little hotel is so old fashion and cute. The color remind me of the 90's groovy look. The staff is amazing. Always attentive to us even if they may be in a deep conversation with another employee about work; they put it on hold to accommodate to our demands. My children mother talked Chantale's eat off for a good 30minutes. She was polite enough to listen and continue the conversation with my mother. Rooms were gorgeous I recommend lofts to anyone that visits. Even better the hotel is in the middle of everywhere. Clubs, mall, food areas. Don't forget to speak to concierge about all his discounts and promotions he has for clubs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Medellin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This Hotel is a great location, just two blocks or so from the beach and all the bars and restaurants of South Beach. We stayed there for 4 nights recently and while we enjoyed our stay might not return next time. The staff are great, friendly and informative. The service at the free happy hour is very good and the included breakfast, while very basic was Ok (with great service). The pool is VERY small.

Our room backed onto an alley and was very noisy with a garbage truck passing (loudly) through every morning making sleep impossible. The hotel in general was quite noisy – you could hear the people in the rooms next to you and lots of yelling and screaming when walking down the hallways coming from rooms. Maybe it is more of a under thirties party hotel. We had no problems with theft at all, however the room doors do not feel very secure.

The lift is terrible – very slow and old.

All in all – not really for us, but the location for partying is perfect if you want a more reasonably priced place in South Beach right next to the action.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from backing onto the alley. Lower floor will also help as the li...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I came for vacation for a week i just had to tell you guys how much i enjoyed myself at that hotel. This receptionist name Chantale i believed greeted me with such a pleasant smile. She was very nice to me and the rest of my family. Next year ill be back in Miami again . The kids cant stop talking about her . I hope to see her again. It was a great place to be around great employees. The guy that parked my car was nice as well. Chantale thank you for your pleasant welcome. I felt like i was home.

Room Tip: Rooms are great
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I came to the hotel as a birthday getaway for my girlfriend. Pulling up to the hotel the valet was very nice in explaining the rates for parking with the hotel and rates for on the street parking. The concierge, Leiker was super helpful in taking our luggage in. Very friendly. You can tell that his first language is not English but he did a fantastic job in making us feel welcome. Rita was terrific in checking us in and breaking down all the fees for us. We had a nice chat with her, she gave us our drink vouchers which was an added plus. Leiker helped us into our room and I was very impressed. Very clean with new bathrooms and a jacuzzi too. My girlfriend fell in love. I had talked to Rita again asking if there was a way I can order champagne for the room for my girlfriends birthday and too my surprise, the staff delivered it free of charge and even a birthday card. In the morning, Delphi got us great deals on tours and activities to do around the area. Valet was very nice in retrieving my car and giving me quick directions.
I loved my stay and everyone that worked there were super friendly. From the cleaning staff to management. Everyone had a smile on their faces and always helped when needed.

Room Tip: The lofts are amazing
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This charm hotel is one block from the beach and there is plenty of bars and restaurants in the same road. They gave me a much bigger room than what i probably paid for as the hotel was not too busy. The room was nice and clean and the balcony was facing the water that gives a nice atmosphere. The tour they booked for me on great and also they were very understanding when I got late to the hotel when I was supposed to check out and they did not charge me for the extra hour I stayed in the room. The swimming pool is small and the area is quite. Don't expect too much action there ( also the pool is too small ) but it was ideal for relaxing few days before joining my family in another hotel for few extra nights.

Room Tip: Avoid the room facing the swimming pool if you like to sleep until late and it is just too close to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Clinton Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!