“Stay was relaxing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clinton Hotel South Beach

You added Clinton Hotel South Beach to your Saves list
Clinton Hotel South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   825 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The New Clinton Hotel & Spa Miami)   |
Ranked #112 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Stay was relaxing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Clinton Hotel. I went for a girls weekend in Miami. There were some pros and cons with staying at the hotel. First of all, the hallways were very dimly lit, almost to the point where we could not see well. The rooms were very clean, however, and the room was actually bigger than we thought it would be. The bathroom was also huge with a nice glass shower. The aspect that I enjoyed most about the trip was the customer service. The hotel staff was very friendly, and everyone made our stay comfortable, especially one particular staff member Franklin. He always went out of his way to make sure we were satisfied with our stay and even assisted all of my friends with loading our luggage onto the shuttle. His level of customer service was impeccable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Kirsti D, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for your recent stay with us. Delighted to hear you were satisfied with the rooms and our staff. As a boutique hotel, we pay extra attention to selecting our staff and it is highly rewarding to get positive feedback on it. However, I do regret to hear that you found the hallways too dark for your liking. We have just finished working on all the floors to brighten up the look of the hallways. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly next time you are visiting Miami to take advantage of Returning Guest's Perks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Shawnee, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had a girls weekend booked thru Expedia for April. The on- line photos depict chic and upscale- actual is clean and old funk. At first glance decor looks like by the hour not by the day - hallway lighting is poor and hallway room placards depict shadows of pole dancers! We continually assisted senior non-English speaking guests with help accessing elevators and finding their way out of the dark hallways. Rooms were clean, but "standard room" views were alley, air-conditioners, or building. One day we didn't get maid service and multiple attempts to get fresh linens, fresh towels, clean glasses, and new coffee fell on deaf ears. We eventually got two clean bath towels and some plastic cups. Needless to say, we did not leave a tip in the hand written envelope left by our maid staff. Our package included continental breakfast and complementary happy hour at the X/O cafe adjacent to the hotel. The coordination between hotel and X/O was poor- some of the X/O staff were uncertain if it was one or unlimited drinks for happy hour and the included continental breakfast was a mystery to some wait staff. It eventually worked out = good, but not worth the hassle. We also unnecessarily booked transportation from the airport to the hotel based on other online reviews.- Call the hotel before you make this mistake! Spa is (was?) in the name- have no idea where it was or if it really existed! It certainly was not promoted in anyway. PROS- very close to the beach and they provide towels and chairs. JUST OK- we won't go back. We're more accustomed to 3 star or better. I'd give the Clinton 2 stars.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the east side that adjoins the alley where noisy trash pick- up occurs about 7am ever...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Kirsti D, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you were satisfied with the location. While South Beach is an attractive destination, we do have to keep in mind that most of South Beach Art Deco hotels have a certain 1930's layout and buildings were built closely next to each other - hence the lack of views. Unfortunately, that is something we are, by law, prohibited from changing. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by the restaurant staff. There have been some new employees hired recently, never the less their training should be up to bar. About the misleading information about the spa - I am not sure were did you see the info as we haven't had a spa at the hotel for quite some time now and all companies selling our hotel were advised to remove it from the description. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss these questions further more in detail at kdavis@clintonsouthbeach.com.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I am VERY disappointed with my recent stay at the Clinton! The room I booked was supposed to have an "Open-air, private terrace with spa tub and privacy curtain overlooking the reflecting pool." When I checked in, the room didn't have a balcony. I inquired at the front desk, but the clerk told me it wasn't available. I don't understand how you can advertise a very specific type of room, accept my reservation (and money), and then not have that room available. That is just plain false advertising.

I also had sent a FedEx package to myself at the hotel. When I checked in, neither the front desk clerk nor the concierge could find it and told me I'd have to wait until morning to check with the day shift. That is an absolutely unacceptable answer. Luckily nothing in there was medically critical, but it did contain personal items that I needed Friday night. Eventually the package turned up when I checked the next day -- after more time wasted waiting for them to look all over for it.

I can overlook the paper-thin walls (it IS a party hotel) or the rust stains and soap scum in the shower or the water stains (at least I hope that's what they were) on the chair, but the pathetic level of customer service -- which felt more like contempt from the staff towards the guests -- and false advertising are absolutely inexcusable. Which is truly a shame. I've stayed here several times before and really liked the hotel, but I will NOT be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest, thank you for your feedback and recent stay with us. I regret to hear that you experienced inconvenience due to over booking and problems with locating your package. I wish we could've helped you more promptly while you were still at the hotel, any of our managers would've gladly offered an executive solution to make up for the inconvenience. As you have stayed with us before and been a return guest, we hope you will give us a another chance to ensure a satisfying stay again!
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had a girls weekend in Miami, (April 11 -14). We stayed at the Clinton hotel, it turned out to be the BATES MOTEL!!!! The beds are cheaply made, they are too low and I had a back ache the entire time. The second night it rained extremely hard and it rained in our room (412) from the ceiling. Part of that night, 2 of us, had to stay in another room. Then around 2 o'clock the next day another room came available ( keep in mind, it was still raining so much that it flooded). The new room wasn't clean and we was afraid to step in the shower. You had to ask for toilet paper and towels and GOD knows how long it took for them to bring those items....it was ridiculous. Never, stay in Rm 412 because its right next to the tiny elevator, which only hold 4 normal size people. The elevator is extremely loud and you can hear everything. The pictures online gives false images. Im sure the pictures were touched up. On a positive note, I loved the location. It was right next to the DASH store. It was also close to the night spots. The best part about the Hotel was the bar, the bartender and I tried HOOKAH for the first time. I dread the time to go to bed. Was not happy at all. We were refunded only one night. Which, was fine but it still didn't make up for the worst experience I have ever had.

Room Tip: Room 412 is right next to the noisy elevator. Room 412, Ceiling leaks when it rains. The tempera...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest, thank you for your recent stay with us. We take all of the comments seriously to make improvements. I regret to hear that you experienced inconvenience due to the rain. Sometimes unforeseen circumstances occur and on behalf of the hotel, we try to make sure our guests are accommodated regardless of any circumstances. Please allow me to, in regards of the comment about the elevator, note the fact that the building is part of Art Deco historical design building and there were no big elevator shafts designed for these buildings. We would love for you to give us another chance to show you what a real Clinton experience is like. Please feel free to contact me directly at kdavis@clintonsouthbeach.com
Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Hello Viewers,

I have learned through traveling that you can not believe ALL reviews. Now some people here below or above me with bad reviews of this hotel could have just been having a bad day or maybe thought they were booking at the "Ritz Carlton" or somewhere.

However, my experience was amazing and refreshing. I took the shuttle from MIA airport and shuttle services were very reliable and had friendly staff. I arrived at the hotel earlier than check in time but I was given a warm and friendly greeting upon entering the hotel. Concierge was at the door waiting to assist with luggage and Front Desk staff were extremely informative and polite. I checked in with a young lady name Belinda and at the beginning she explained the room would not be ready until 4pm but she would start my check process so when the room becomes ready I can go to my room. Concierge Franklin offered to take my luggage while I walked over to Ocean Drive. I arrived back at the hotel at 5pm to find my room keys were ready and my luggage had already been placed in the room (((AMAZING))).

I am normally a hard person to please but staying at the Clinton South Beach the staff there made it very hard for me to be unpleasant.

I kept coming to the front to speak with Belinda about my special needs and services. I know I was a little over the top but this young lady handled every situation and question with a smile and a sense of willingness. I tipped her $60 and Franklin $40 the night before checkout.

I would like to say thank you to Clinton South Beach staff for making my trip away from home special and enjoyable. I will definitely be coming to stay again.

(Thanks to Joel, Franklin for my IN ROOM MASSAGE SERVICES and Belinda for EXCELLENT customer service you all were my favorites.)

Room Tip: Great location and great hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My second trip to Miami definitely exceeded my first experience. My cousin and I had such great experience especially due to the hospitable concierge services, shout out to Frankie!!!! ;). They provide free transpo to the airport, beach towels and chairs, help you plan day trips etc. The location is perfectly located, walking distance to the beach, drugstores to stock up on water and essentials and restaurants. We will definitely be staying here on our next escapade!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I took a long weekend in the middle of February adn enjoyed ourselves. I will give a breakdown below. I have never been to Miami/S.B., so this is a newbie's perspective.

Airport/Check-in:

We had to wait approx. 1 hour for our shuttle to arrive to the airport, but it wasn't unexpected. Once we arrived at the hotel, it was too early for check-in, so they put our bags away, which allowed us the opportunity to explore the area. Everyone was friendly at check-in.

Rooms:

Unfortunately, we were given a room on the first floor as soon as we walked up the stairs. We overlooked the bar/swimming pool area, which was quite loud every night. The room itself was nice enough- the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was great (huge shower).

Area:

This hotel is within a few minute walking distance to S.B. (very convenient). There were plenty of restaurants nearby or within a short cab-ride distance, especially toward the Lincoln Mall area (approx. $5-6 cab fare).

Beach:

We were there during one of the coolest times of the season, so we didn't get to enjoy the beach as much as we wanted. However, it certainly is a site to behold, with its size (I would love to go back when it's warmer).

Overall, we got exactly what we paid for with this hotel. It was reasonably-priced (compared to others in the area) and I would not hesitate recommending this hotel, although we saw several others we wouldn't mind staying at before choosing this one again.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there are any rooms here that aren't susceptible to noise and the bar/party...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Clinton Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!