“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clinton Hotel South Beach

You added Clinton Hotel South Beach to your Saves list
Clinton Hotel South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   825 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The New Clinton Hotel & Spa Miami)   |
Ranked #101 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
Philadelphia
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here a few weeks ago,,,March 1-4...it was a girl's weekend and we really enjoyed it here...Not super luxurious but bery nice for a boutique hotel and it had a nice So Beach feel. The room was a nice size, bathroom was clean and large enough for us...Loved the lobby and while the pool was very small it still was a great area to chill around...and the location is great it is in the center of everything...There was no gym which we were under the impression there was and also to get the continental breakfast you had to book straight through the hotel,,,I explained to the woman I was under the impression that we were getting a continental breakfast and even though we weren't entitled to it she comped us for the 3 days we were there..Just a pastry but it worked out fine since I do not eat alot in the morning....The happy hour was good and I don't believe the drinks were watered down...not to much of a selection at the restaurant but enough to grab something if you wanted something quick...Also they had hookah (sp)? at the outside pool area which seemed to be popular with alot of people...Overall good experience and I would recommend this place maybe not for a romantic getaway...but if it's a weekend hanging with the girls it's great....Oh one more thing the first night there was alot of noise as we tried to sleep but after that it seemed to be fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Kirsti D, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you were satisfied with the location, room and overall ambiance of our hotel. Apologies for the misleading information about the gym as we do not currently have a gym at the hotel and all companies selling our rooms were advised to remove it from the description. In regards to the breakfast - not all reservations (booked through different sources) have breakfast included and the information may sometimes be misunderstood. When it comes to the noise that was louder than expected, I do apologize for the inconvenience. South Beach is a very attractive party destination and especially during high season, there are a lot of mixed crowds on South Beach.

Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly next time you are visiting Miami to take advantage of Returning Guest's Perks!

Clinton Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Great location. Stayed for one nite sun march 10th. Good hotel for a few nites. Most impt. VERY CLEAN room. Would stay again in the future. Front desk was great wit our requests such as towels and valet being on time. Thanks staff

• Stayed March 2013
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The rooms were pretty spacious. The bathrooms were ok (a little dark but ok). The pool was nonexistent but the beach was just a few blocks away. The restaurant seemed to be lacking. Overall, not terrible but not great. Just a door away from the Kardashian's boutique Dash so there would be a lot of tourists just outside the hotel taking pics of the store haha.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest, thank you for your feedback and recent stay with us. I regret to hear the bathroom lightning and pool did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to specify that our pool is indeed not a full Swimming Pool, but rather a Refreshing Pool. Please feel free to contact us directly next time you are travelling to Miami so that we could personally ensure a satisfying stay.

Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Chose this hotel based on mostly positive reviews and we got a decent rate (relatively speaking) through Expedia. Overall we had a good experience and would recommend it to most people (see cons below).

Pros
Location is very good, walking distance to the beach, tons of restaurants and shopping. Room was fine, clean, with a good size shower and bathroom. Newer TV, fridge, iPod dock were also nice to have. The Hotel has some great freebies as well. Airport shuttle, beach towels, beach chairs and drinks from 7-8pm are all free. Pool area was also nice and it seems most hotels in this price range don’t even have one. Didn’t eat a full meal at the restaurant so can’t comment there. Limited options for continental breakfast but we both found something to eat anyway. No problems with staff as others had mentioned, but we didn’t come across any major issues during our 3 night stay.

Cons
Light sleepers may want to avoid this place. My girlfriend was awoken many times by people in the halls and other rooms. This seems to be a popular spot for partiers. The hotel definitely lacks any sort of noise isolation as you can hear lots of sounds, talking etc. from other rooms and outside. Our regular room had a view of a wall...not the best but we didn’t stay here for the scenery.

Other than the noise issues, we liked the hotel overall and would recommend it. Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper though!

Feel free to message me with questions.

Room Tip: Ask for the quietest room, if there is one!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, thank you for your recent stay with us. Delighted to hear you were satisfied with the location, room and our extra services. It is true that not all historic Art Deco hotel buildings in South Beach have a pool area or provide free shuttle service. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back!

West New York, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hidden secret was a great stay. Just two blocks off Ocean Drive and also from SB gems like Wet Willies, this hotel is a great alternative to the Art Deco of the Ocean Dr. Hotels. This is a very trendy, Botique-ish style hotel that has very nice upgrade and spacious rooms. Our room had a transparent glass corner wall that look out into the bed room and also had a full size Jacuzzi tub on a private open air balcony. The staff was very helpful and friendly that showed a genuine interest is making sure our stay was all we wanted. Rooms, lobby and the entire hotel was well kept and clean. I think my only complaint was the ice machine was located on another floor. I highly recommend this hotel. I will most likely stay there again when in South Beach.

Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Hotel's location was great! The room was a nice size and the shower was amazing. The hallways were a bit dark, and the elevator to small. We had a small problem with our bathroom sink, but maintenance came right up and fixed it. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Weehawken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

`My overall experience at this hotel was decent. Based on reviews and travel photos I expected worse. I got the queen sized bedroom. It wasn't HUGE but big enough for two people to keep their luggage without being cramped. I've stayed at many hotels on Ocean Drive and this was alot better than those, which tend to be alot smaller. The hotel lobby is very nice, the staff is friendly overall. The cleaning people came on a timely basis and cleaned thoroughly. I had no issues about the cleanliness of the rooms. The pool is very small, but the cabana area is nice. In my personal opinion I liked this location better than staying on Ocean Drive because for one thing its not as hectic as Ocean, however close enough so you can get their in a two minute walk. It is in a prime location right near Wet Willies and Mangos, but being on Washington, near several restaurants and shopping areas that aren't being pushed by those annoying people begging you to eat at their restaurant on Ocean.
They also give you a free happy hour everyday from 7 to 8 p.m. So I can't complain about that. Its all house liquor. Don't expect top shelf for free.

These are my negatives however.

DON'T EAT HERE !

The fact they give you continental breakfast is great, but pretty lousy. The free bkfst isn't too filling. Either a bagel with cream cheese or a muffin. The bagels and muffins do not taste fresh either. Since the continental wasn't filling we decided to order the "Power Breakfast" which was pancakes bacon home fries and eggs. Though presentation was nice, the food was HORRIBLE. The eggs literally tasted rotten, the pancakes stale, the bacon looked so old. I was so annoyed I asked them to give me a new order. They were apologetic for the food being bad, but ended up giving me a fresh order of the same crap ! The eggs were def expired and since the guy ran out of bacon gave me steak, which was disgusting. And how do you run out of bacon at 8:30 a.m. ? Goes to show the first order of bacon I got must have been some veryy old supply.

Secondly:

Though I do like the location, it is noisy. If you are not a party person or a younger person, you will not get a good night's rest. I love clubbing, but the nights I didn't go out I was woken up by the drunken club goers all hours of the night until about maybe 5 a.m. when the drunkards finally head home. If you are an older person who is more about relaxing in a quiet area, this is not a quiet hotel for you. I guess they could do a better job somehow insulating the sound from outside. But be it that I understand this is South Beach, I expect to hear that sort of noise all night, so this wasn't a deal breaker for me. The walls are thin, so you can hear the people in the hallway, or when the room next door is showering ! Once again though not a deal breaker. Also get a room away from the elevator which makes noise all night too. Btw the elevator is really small !

Overall, I would suggest this hotel for a younger person who doesn't mind the noise to much. It was clean, great location, friendly staff. I would stay here again, but the only thing I'd do differently is not eat here ! I still like this hotel and would pick it over the few hotels I stayed at on Ocean drive. It's cheaper and worth the money regardless of the few negatives.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevator and away from the street side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirsti D, Manager at Clinton Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for your good words regarding our hotel and staff. On the other hand, I regret to hear the breakfast and behavior of other guests did not meet your expectations. I will address this matter to the restaurant as we are always looking to improve our services. When it comes to other guests who were louder than expected, I do apologize for the inconvenience. South Beach is a very attractive party destination and especially during high season, there are a lot of mixed crowds on South Beach. Please feel free to contact us directly next time you are travelling to Miami so that we could personally ensure a satisfying stay.

Kirsti D

Been to Clinton Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!