“Best Weekend in Miami!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clinton Hotel South Beach

You added Clinton Hotel South Beach to your Saves list
Clinton Hotel South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   825 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly The New Clinton Hotel & Spa Miami)   |
Ranked #104 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Bethesda, Maryland
“Best Weekend in Miami!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I booked this hotel a while in advance with my fiance. To be honest, I had some reservations after reading some reviews on this site. I was more than pleased with my experience. Customer service was friendly and welcoming, the room was clean and felt new, and the location was perfect. It was a great getaway for a reasonable price. Perfect for clearing our heads before the wedding ;) I was frustrated at the resort fee, but after some research discovered almost all the upscale resorts had one. As an added bonus the Kardashian's boutique was right next door!! The airport shuttle added great convenience and saved us $100 in cab fairs. The hotel seemed very lively and busy so I recommend booking in advance.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

As my title reads it's a pig, with slapped on lipstick to make appear chic but it ain't. Where do I start, switch rooms a few times, moldy bathrooms, dirty carpets, couldn't get my money back..."oh you have to cancel 3 days prior". Upon check in the slip in a $7 resort fee... resort my a... this is a dump fee I guess so you can get old raggedy towel to take to the beach? Old hotel, owners are trying to slap on finishes to make it appear newer but they've forgotten that you spend time in your room not in the lobby.

What a sorry excuse for a pool they have it like swimming in a coffin, yes it's that small... The hot tub was broken, the elevators were not working....

Functional bar, with free cheap vodka and gin for 1hr in the evening, too bad it's a hookah bar so if you are not adapt into that smell ... you'll be in pain

Internet worked...tube tv with the basic channels ..

We'll the wall's are paper thin you can hear more then you'd like to hear or perhaps they could hear everything you have to say! Rowdy hotel, rowdy patrons, understandably its SOBE (south beach) but there are better values.

South beach is real close within 10 min walk and the SOBE bars and restaurants are within 5-7min so convenient location.

Room Tip: move to another hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Poor management and upkeep. Our room was filthy, make up stains on bedsheets, dirty floors, carpet was not vacuumed, not even when we had asked them to. To top it all off my phone had gotten stolen as soon as I left the room..how convenient. Management did nothing to aid with the situation but defended their staff. I highly advise looking else where beofore booking your stay at this hotel. I just don't want other travelers to make the same mistake I did.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Clinton Hotel provided me with exactly what I was looking for in a hotel. A few girl friends and I went to South Beach for a weekend get-away and it was exactly the environment I needed. The staff was helpful, the rooms were clean, and the restaurant provided round the clock services. The greatest part of all was the amazing location. The hotel is a few blocks from the beach and another few blocks from hip clothing stores, clubs and restaurants! Everything about it was great! The pool was not as big as I expected but the ambiance made up for it. If your considering it...BOOK IT NOW!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

This hotel has a great location but there needs to be a change in management/personnel. Most of the hotels staff act as if they are not representing the hotel when they are talking to guest. I had a bad hotel experience but great time in Miami. I will be calling corporate on this hotel! WATCH!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Macon, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I recently stayed at the New Clinton Hotel from June 8-June 12. I reserved two balcony rooms and I was extremely disappointed with the entire experience. The first issue that my friends and I ran into was the fact that the hotel was nothing like what the internet described. I was under the impression that we were going to check into this hotel that was really nice, but when we arrived at the hotel we were overwhelmed by air freshner and incents. It was ridiculous. On top of that when we went into our rooms, the first room which over looked the fountain was extremely small. There was no iron in the room, the bed was really small, the shower leaked, the mini wet bar did not get cold, bo cd player and there were burned iron impressions in the carpet. In the second room that we reserved, there was not even a wet bar in it, they had to bring one in. On top of that the pool that they mentioned on the website was so small that no more than 10 people could stand in it. There was no way anyone would be able to swim in it because the pool was not longer than 12 feet at the most. When we went to the front desk to express our concern, we recieved this blank stare and the clerk at the desk told me that we could upgrade to a loft for an extra $30 a day?? I asked what the procedure was for recieveing a refund because I was not satisfied with the hotel at all. She told me that there would be a hold on my card for about 7 days and because I went through Bookit.com, I would have to find out what their procedure was. Since I was stuck in this situation with a hold on my card, I tried to make the best of it until, on day two after housekeeping came in to clean the room, some of our personal items came up missing. When it was reported to the front desk, they said that they would check into it but we never heard anything back from them, not even nothing from management. From that point on we decided not to use housekeeping anymore because something else might come up missing. Om top of that I guess the hotel is still under rennovation, because everymore we woke up to hammering, drills and banging. The hotel as a whole is NOTHING like what they described on the website. It is very misleading. For the price that this hotel charges I would expect alot more but I was extremely disappointed in this hotel and will NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011 via mobile

Ok so i thought this wa supposed to be a 4 star but in reality its closer to a two. On the plus side the room and beds were clean and changed everyday as well as the towels. The locaton in South Beach is very good for the beach and ocean drive.<br /><br />On the negative side, the walls were thin and I was constantly woken by the cackling of teenage girls in the adjoining room. There was no 'do not disturb sign' in the room so the cleaning lady called each morning at 10am. The wifi did not work in my room at all evenr though my phone and laptop showed a good connection and it was slow slow in the lobby that you were better off not waiting for it. The hotel appeared to have a shortage of towels on two of the days during my stay as non were provided even though the old ones were taken away.<br /><br />The spa and gym are a non starter really, a few running machines and a room with some shower caps and soap products on the shelf!<br /><br />The hotel staff were friendly if not distant - anyone is free to walk in day or night unchallenged and go anywhere in the hotel.<br />There was building work going on at the rear of the lobby so the rest rooms were out of action.<br /><br />The hotel pool is tiny and in reality it is actually part of a public poolside bar so no privacy for hotel guests - this was not mentioned on the hotel web site. <br />I would not recommend this hotel for couples, families or older people because it is more of a spring break type location."

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Clinton Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!