“Very good food!” 4 of 5 stars

+1 305-305-0801
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bolivar Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 842 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Peruvian, Latin, Fusion, Venezuelan, Colombian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Now OPEN our Side Walk Cafe...Where you can enjoy your meal and drinks overlooking at the South Beach Scene!!! LIVE Music...FULL LIQUOR BAR!!!
Stockholm, Sweden
“Very good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We went there after reading the comments on TripAdvisor. The food was excellent! I would recommend the tapas mixture (7 for 29$) and the Seviche. The food took too long to get and we had hungry kids with us - that's why I don't give it a 5 star.

Satellite Beach, Florida
“Oasis In crazy Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

It's off the strip, so if your looking for authentic cultural food away from the tourists, this is a great place. The shredded chicken over the plantain was great. My other family members also enjoyed the empanadas.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pontypridd
“Great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Food was great, prices good. Service was attentive and atmosphere nice. Good option in South Beach, away from the overcrowded, and overpriced restaurants on the front.

Visited March 2013
Tifton, Georgia
“Escape from the Bustle of SoBe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I knew WMC/UMF was going to make South Beach unbearably packed; and I mentally prepared myself for the obnoxious pretentious opulence this place breeds. After several days of mingling with that nonsense, it was so refreshing to step into this escape.

In the middle of the hustling SoBe area, walking into Bolivar is like walking into another world... or at least another continent. With the perfect volume of Latin music infused with exotic scents permeating the air, I forgot I was in the chaos of Miami. We were greeted politely and sat promptly. Our waiter was friendly and explained the makeup of all the food items he brought to us. Any questions we had were met with an informative, friendly explanation. Overall, the service and atmosphere were perfect for what we were looking for that night. Unpretentious, authentic, and welcoming.

The food was fantastic as well. We both had chicken dishes, and shared our meals with one another. The chicken and mushroom dish with cream sauce was so delicious; tender, perfectly flavored, and the right mix of textures. The chicken saltado was also good; however, a little salty for my liking. If not for that, I would have given this a "five."

I would definitely come back to Bolivar; and I recommend this to anyone traveling through the area.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Excellent tasty and affordable option in South Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a nice dinner at Bolivar. We recommend the 6-shot ceviche which comes half with lime (Peru-style) and half with passion fruit (Colombia-style). It was excellent except for the smoky mussels which tasted weird. We also had the tapas tray which was fantastic and copious - 7 dishes for $29. We reordered the fried artichoke and Parmesan dish which is a divine creation.
Wine was good and cheap and service very attentive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere