“Well worth it” 4 of 5 stars

+1 305-305-0801
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bolivar Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 909 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Peruvian, Latin, Fusion, Venezuelan, Colombian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Now OPEN our Side Walk Cafe...Where you can enjoy your meal and drinks overlooking at the South Beach Scene!!! LIVE Music...FULL LIQUOR BAR!!!
Cairo, Egypt
“Well worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I admittedly bumped into Bolivar while walking around the area looking for a place to eat. The menu was interesting and the service was good. The food content was very delicious and very reasonably priced as well. Which usually do not combine with each other, whereby when it is too attractive the food does not commensurate. At least in touristic places, that how it usually is. My wife and I where pleased with the food, cooked exactly as ordered, tasty, spicy enough. No mistakes, no mistakes, no mishaps, it was a great and positive experience, which we would do again and we highly recommend to anyone in Miami. A two course meal with soft drinks cost us 47 U.S. $.-

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Helsinki, Finland
“Feelings of Bolivia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our friend had found positive reviews that held true to say the least. Tasty South American cuisine in a relatively low price. Very friendly staff that knows how to do the job.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
VA
“Yummy and good prices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We discovered this place on the Miami Culinary Tour. I would not have tried this place on my own if not for the tour. Try the Columbian drink speciality, Refajo, a combination of beer and Columbiana, a soda from the region. The empanadas are yummy and try the sauces. We also tried a fried plantain with shredded chicken on top. The prices are very reasonable for SoBe! Give it a try!

Visited March 2013
Atlanta
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was in Miami last week for a combo spring break/birthday get away. I'd read about Bolivar on TA and had to try it for myself and I'm soooo glad I did.

My meal was great enough that I ended up having lunch there twice which is something I don't normally do since I like to try a variety of places when I travel. My first lunch consisted of Patacones de Carne: flavorful shredded beef piled on top of fried green plantains, served with a quartet of sauces of varying heats and flavors. The awesome gentleman waiting on me served me a sample of a Columbian drink speciality, Refajo, a combination of beer and Columbiana, a soda from the region. I'm not a beer drinker, but this was so good I had to order a full serving to go with my lunch!

I knew I had to visit again so before leaving for the airport I headed back to Bolivar to try their empanadas and black beans, this was also served with the sauces on the side. Another hit!

Next time I'm in Miami, this great little place will definitely be on my list.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Gallen, Switzerland
“culinary delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I didn't knew the South American Kitchen before, so I was not sure if it tastes. But what I've eaten there, it was such a great culinary deligt, i could eat it every day.
I'm looking forward to go back to miami once, and i promise to myself, i'll go back to the bolivar.

• Visited November 2012