“delicious and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rouge

Rouge
908 71st St, Miami Beach, FL 33141 (City Center)
+1 305-720-9125
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #541 of 859 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Moroccan, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center
Cross street: East Bay Dr.
Description: Rouge Cine Cafe prouds itself to Served The best traditional Moroccan and French Cuisine in Town in the most romantic and Warm atmosphere you could possibly imagine while screening in the back ground old silent movies for your enjoyment. As If this wasn't enough, discover the Rouge Garden, an Outdoor space design to literately transport you anywhere in the Mediterranean Riviera, from St Tropez to Marrakesh. we invite you to come and experience our flavorful dishes, From the Escargot Bourgogne to The world Famous "Bouillabaisse", from the Harira Soup to The Traditional Tagines.
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
“delicious and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

we are fairly local to the area but new. we brought our 19 month old daughter to rouge for dinner and had a great experience. really lovely place, not crowded - a hidden gem :) we had: beet/boursin cheese appetizer (with pears and pesto - delicious), bacon wrapped shrimp and dates, and duck sausage; then for mains we got the lamb and the chicken tagine. needless to say we had lots of leftovers, but i am looking forward to eating them because everything tasted fresh and delicious. HIGHLY recommend the lamb!

recommended for families OR couples.

• Visited November 2013
Nabil A, Owner at Rouge, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank You for your kind words. Your Baby is adorable, I have never seen a baby eat so well....lol
Hope to see you guys soon. The Stuffed Dog is waiting.

Hingham, Massachusetts
“Not just a meal, an experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Dinner at Rouge was excellent. The entire evening was an experience in atmosphere and culinary delight. Every course was prepared perfectly and tasted delicious. From the bacon wrapped dates and bacon wrapped shrimp we went on to try the perfect Moroccan lamb stew. After a great main course of branzino and tuna we were led to a beautiful garden out behind the restaurant where we were served my favorite part of the meal, dessert. Chocolate soufflé and creme brûlée. We spent a leisurely time in the garden eating dessert and drinking authentic Moroccan tea. Enjoying ourselves and our evening. I would certainly go back again and again and recommend Rouge to anyone going to Miami. It's a must try.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Nabil A, Owner at Rouge, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank You very Much. It was Pleasure meeting you. Hope we meet again soon.
Miami Beach, Florida
“Simply the Best !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We have been going regularly to Rouge for the past 2 years.
We had romantic dinners with my husband as well as family dinners with my family when they visit from France...
Food is amazing and Nabil and Alena ( the owners ) will always go the extra mile ...
The garden transports you to other places ....
We recommend this place to locals and tourists alike , as all people we took with us there always request to go back...
Nabil , Alena , our visiting snowbirds are coming soon...we will visit frequently again this winter...
Thanx for an amazing place and for all the memories....

Nabil A, Owner at Rouge, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank You Sandrine it is always a pleasure having you and your friends. A bientot.
Miami, Florida
“Outstanding !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Delicious unique flavors. Excellent variety of dishes and tastes. The peppermint tea is quite unusual and a super way to complete a meal. With ample portions, you really receive tremendous value for your money.

Nabil A, Owner at Rouge, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank You very much Jerry. I hope to see you back very soon.
Miami Beach
“Rouge WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Truly excellent! We went (4 of us) for dinner for the first time at Rouge last night. I have to say that every single dish was prepared to perfection. We ended sharing and tasting each other's dishes and all four of us were floored! Every morsel was delicate and full of flavor yet not overpowering.
For starters we had he Salad Maison, the olives and the escargots. I was afraid that the escargots would have too much garlic but they came out so delicate that our taste buds begged for more... so I ordered one more for the table.
I had the Branzino which was oven roasted in parchment paper with a blend of herbs. Here again the delicate flavors did not overpower the flavor of the Branzino.
My wife had the Harira, a Moroccan dish. I grew up in Casablanca and this dish was just as good as I remember it. I've ever seen it on any other menu in Miami. Wow! This dish brought me back to my youth... the aroma and the flavors blended so perfectly.
Our friends had the Lamb Shank and the Yellowtail Grand Marnier. The Lamb was extremely tender and again the flavors combined to perfection.
When I read the menu description of the Yellotwail Tempura with Grand Marnier, I thought for sure this would be my least favorite. It just did not sound like something I'd enjoy. How wrong I was. It was yet again another positive surprise.
All I have to say is RUN to ROUGE!
In a city where mediocrity prevails, Rouge was a standout, I am very picky as to where and what I eat. Hats off to Nabil the chef.

Nabil A, Owner at Rouge, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank You Chad it was a pleasure having you over. Hope to see you back very soon.