“Outstanding !”
Review of Rouge

908 71st Street, Miami Beach, FL 33141 (City Center)
+1 305-720-9125
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center
Cross street: East Bay Dr.
Description: Rouge Cine Cafe prouds itself to Served The best traditional Moroccan and French Cuisine in Town in the most romantic and Warm atmosphere you could possibly imagine while screening in the back ground old silent movies for your enjoyment. As If this wasn't enough, discover the Rouge Garden, an Outdoor space design to literately transport you anywhere in the Mediterranean Riviera, from St Tropez to Marrakesh. we invite you to come and experience our flavorful dishes, From the Escargot Bourgogne to The world Famous "Bouillabaisse", from the Harira Soup to The Traditional Tagines.
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.

88% Recommend
There are newer reviews for Rouge
Miami, Florida
“Outstanding !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Delicious unique flavors. Excellent variety of dishes and tastes. The peppermint tea is quite unusual and a super way to complete a meal. With ample portions, you really receive tremendous value for your money.

Nabil A, Owner at Rouge, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank You very much Jerry. I hope to see you back very soon.
Miami Beach
“Rouge WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Truly excellent! We went (4 of us) for dinner for the first time at Rouge last night. I have to say that every single dish was prepared to perfection. We ended sharing and tasting each other's dishes and all four of us were floored! Every morsel was delicate and full of flavor yet not overpowering.
For starters we had he Salad Maison, the olives and the escargots. I was afraid that the escargots would have too much garlic but they came out so delicate that our taste buds begged for more... so I ordered one more for the table.
I had the Branzino which was oven roasted in parchment paper with a blend of herbs. Here again the delicate flavors did not overpower the flavor of the Branzino.
My wife had the Harira, a Moroccan dish. I grew up in Casablanca and this dish was just as good as I remember it. I've ever seen it on any other menu in Miami. Wow! This dish brought me back to my youth... the aroma and the flavors blended so perfectly.
Our friends had the Lamb Shank and the Yellowtail Grand Marnier. The Lamb was extremely tender and again the flavors combined to perfection.
When I read the menu description of the Yellotwail Tempura with Grand Marnier, I thought for sure this would be my least favorite. It just did not sound like something I'd enjoy. How wrong I was. It was yet again another positive surprise.
All I have to say is RUN to ROUGE!
In a city where mediocrity prevails, Rouge was a standout, I am very picky as to where and what I eat. Hats off to Nabil the chef.

• Visited October 2013
Nabil A, Owner at Rouge, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank You Chad it was a pleasure having you over. Hope to see you back very soon.
Miami, Florida, United States
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I love this place. Great food, service and atmosphere.

The owner and waitress were well versed in the cuisine and had a lot of tips to make the meal perfect. I wish I lived closer, otherwise I'd be a regular.

I'll be back for more lamb soon! :)

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Nabil A, Owner at Rouge, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank You very Much Mark...We hope to see you back for some lamb very soon :)
Aventura, Florida
“Nice garen, awful service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We made a reservation for 16 people for Saturday night.
They had just one type of fish to offer (branzino) and they just had salmon for one person.
For desert they had no more chocolate soufflé.
When I asked the manager why so many options were missing he blamed the group because we arrived late to the restaurant.
Service was extremely slow.
If you are not prepared to receive big groups, please don't take the reservation.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nabil A, Owner at Rouge, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Ariel,

I regret you feeling the way you felt about your experience at Rouge. Unfortunately there are certain limitation that are out of my control such as, limited availability of certain items and the difficulty to replace them on the spot. We have chosen to only serve the freshest produce and product which sometime require us to 86 some items off the menu when such item is no longer available for that evening such as the Salmon; The deserts are made in house and as such, are made in small batches every day to guaranty their freshness and once there are sold out there are no longer available. when it comes to your particulars, I received your reservation from open table at 5:45 pm for 14 people for a 9:15 arrival, on a busy Saturday night. At 5:47 pm I made contact with you to confirm the details, such as where you would of liked to be seated, at that time you informed me of the possibility of your party growing to 16 but after I advised you of my hesitation of accepting such reservation, since the largest table available only sat 14 people you then assured me that you would keep it to the original number of 14, at that point and at your request we discuss the possibility of offering a preset menu so as to assure ample availability of items for your party, to which idea I responding by offering you a preset menu that included Salmon as one of the choices available, you proceed by declining the preset menu and decided to go a la carte.
Your party did not arrived until 10:15 pm and I advised you at that time that 2 items were no longer available ( 2 items out 32 items in the menu!) and this isn't as bad as you would want to make people believe for most people's Standards for a busy Saturday night.
You call the service AWFUL and SLOW, I take this very personal since I was the one attending your table in the friendliest manner, even if this friendliness was not reciprocated .
From the time you were all seated to the time you finished, 1h45 minutes had gone by to serve 16 people (not 14 ) a la carte!
You might be confusing us for McDonalds or Cheese cake Factory where you have ample supply of frozen fish or desert readily available for speedy serving!
We do not pretend to be perfect but we try our best and are proud to serve the best dishes available with the friendliest service we possibly can.
Other than serving stored frozen items I only see one way for us to had being able to have unlimited supply of Salmon and Chocolate soufflé that night and this bring me to ( I hope you can appreciate a Muslim quoting the Bible ) Matthew 14:13-21
“15 As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a remote place, and it’s already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food.”
16 Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.”
17 “We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered.
18 “Bring them here to me,” he said. 19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children”
Last time I checked the Bible was not referring to me. On this humoristic finish I would like to reiterate my regret of you feeling this way not because You wrote this review but because I truly care.
Thank You again for your business.

Nabil Hach Al-luch
“Great ambience and amazing food and wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We loved our romantic dinner on the patio of Rouge! The patio was beyond perfect - quaint yet lively and with great service throughout. Our food was excellent - great ingredients and preparation that blew us away. We recommend Rouge and can't wait to get back for our next night out!

• Visited September 2013
Nabil A, Owner at Rouge, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank You very much for your kind words, we hope to see you back very soon.