“Sisters vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Boulan South Beach

You added Boulan South Beach to your Saves list
Boulan South Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   220 21st Street, 2000 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #101 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Sisters vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The Boulan was a perfect hotel very spacious and comfortable it was only a 5 min. Walk to all the shopping and restaurants and the beach was right across the street from our hotel. It was a good choice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
JimmyMouawadGM, General Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your visit and for sharing your feedback!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel product and location. We now offer several amenities that were unavailable during your last visit, and would love to welcome you back to try them out.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon!

Jimmy Mouawad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My wife and I enjoy South Beach and we chose the suites at the Boulan because it was our first vacation with our daughter. The room was large, comfortable and very attractive. The location is fantastic and while not directly on the beach, it is a two-minute walk away with beach service included. The staff was very helpful and very pleasant -- they really enhanced our stay.

A few tips: Not all of the rooms have cooktops, bathtubs, or washer/dryers. If this is important to you -- as it was to us -- make sure that the room you request has them. In hindsight it was our mistake but I wish we had realized that our room did not have those things.

Great location, great rooms, and great service. Highly recommend.

Thank you for your visit and for sharing your feedback!

We hope you will stay with us again, as it will be an experience on the next level!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I must say I was a little skeptical about booking this hotel after going through several reviews but I'm so glad I booked this hotel for my short stay in Miami. I attended a concert last week and I booked the hotel for 2 nights and it was the perfect stay. I actually had an earlier flight and I was aware that check-in was at 4pm. So, I called the hotel at 5:30 am while at the airport and advised Alex that I would be arriving around 10 am. Alex advised me that she couldn't guarantee a room for me but she would try. When I arrived Alex told me someone checked out early and there was a room available for me. That just put a smile on my face, I wasn't really feeling too well early that day and I was so comfortable in the room I didn't leave until later in the evening. The room was perfect I had a king suite with a terrace view. I ordered room service for lunch the food from Orange Blossom was delicious and the room service was very quick. I really could go on and on about my stay because I really enjoyed the atmosphere. It was a great location and the staff was awesome. Alex and Samantha were so professional and helpful and there manager was also helpful. I will be sure to book my next stay with this hotel. I only had one issue and it's not so much of big deal but the valet was kind of slow when it came to parking the cars and bringing them to the front of the hotel. But other than that this was a cool hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Lost of money and awful service.
While stay in the penthouse for 4 persons poor breakfast for only 2 persons is possible. The same with beach chairs and umbrella.
At checkout hotel did not use the blocked amount on the card, but debited it again.
As a result all our stay we claimed for services and left without money and satisfaction.

Thank you for your visit and for sharing your feedback!

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us.

We hope you will give us another chance, and stay with us again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

When I booked this hotel it came up as 5* on Ebookers. Now the customer service is 5* definitely but the room just didn't wow me. So it's a 4 in my mind. I upgraded to a standard one bedroom suite which was a very nice apartment style setup with modern contemporary decor. You have a separate bedroom, 2 separate toilets, a large shower and a lounge/diner/kitchen. I was on the 5th floor but on the street side so VERY noisy!

Bedroom:
It was clean, large windows with a street view, tv, excellent blackout curtains. BUT, the room had few snags. The smoke alarm was missing and not replaced, the sliding door wouldn't close, the bed showed signs of wear and tear but top of the "snag" list, the bed had a plank of wood under it which made you roll off towards the end of the bed!?

Kitchen
Self contained and a large fridge so I stocked up on water. Didn't use the appliances so can't really comment.

Bathroom:
Nice showeroom. Large vanity unity. No problems here.

Lounge
Nice. Again. Nothing wow but just.

Location
Excellent. Stones throw away from the beach, and you have a roof top pool. As you do have a fridge, if you're trying to spend less on your vacation, I'd say pop to Walgreens (2 blocks away) and buy what food/drink you need. As always the mini bar is extortionate! (But that's like every hotel).

I will post pictures.

• Stayed June 2014

Simsbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had a great stay at Boulan South Beach. Everyone was very helpful. We would like to thank Gloria for her great dedication and special attention to detail she showed during our stay. We would recommend this Hotel HIGHLY AND WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR

Thank you for your visit and for sharing your feedback!

We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Let me just say I have been to South beach many times and stayed in may places ranging from small dark seedy hotels on ocean drive that look great in photos and end up being litetally holes in wall to very beautiful suites and condos ranging from the Eden Rock to SLS...but the Boulan is by far my new favorite. I usually have to find 2 small rooms in pet friendly hotels or a large expensive 2 bdrm condo for my boyfriend and I and his family...but this time Iucked upon Boulan...Gorgeous, reasonably priced, pet friendly, clean, modern, and the pool on the roof is gorgeous. Check in was easy...as well as check out...The room was huge and was a king and a queen sofa bed suite that could be separated with pull doors for privacy for both couples...It was 1 1/2 bath...perfect for going out with a group...and the master bath..holy cow...amazing...I took three showers just because the rain shower was so amazing. The only downside was that there wasnt free coffee and breakfast wasnt really breakfast.
The beds were comfy and there was a full kitchen complete with frigde dishes and microwave..even oven. It was close to everything and cabs were easy. From now on Boulan is my only choice in south beach. AMAZING time. Thank you Boulan for changing my perception of South beach hotels

Room Tip: Rooms are large, clean, and quiet...bring your own instant coffee and beware of the NON refundable p...