Many other reviewers have praised this place, and rightly so. To be clear, this is a boutique hotel, not a "one-of-a-million-standardized-hotel-chain-experience", which may not fit with everyone. Neither is it a hotel hiding behind the term "boutique" to cover for shabby service, run down rooms or alike. While it is not five star in my book, it is a very solid four star establishment.
Among its many benefits are:
- great lounch area/open air atrium at lobby.
- really nice staff at the reception.
- enormous rooms (we hade one with a open plan kitchen+living room, separate bedroom, a guest toilet and a bath room (shower and bath tub) of the size of a NYC-studio, plus balcony).
- good sized pool on the roof, plus many sunbeds, a bar and a lounch area.
- great location, one block from the beach (which is on a nice and quieter part of it) plus walking distance to the main shopping street.
We travelled with our small kids and, for us, the hotel, the room and the location were perfect.
Now, there are some things to perhaps keep in mind (also to avoid being disappointed by the exaggerated five star classification):
- cleaning could have been better (not a big problem, we simply asked them to do it and problem solved, bit still...).
- kitchen works ok, but pots and pans are run down and there is a rather limited set of tableware.
- some of the furniture in the kitchen needed repair.
- the breakfast is served in a nearby café/resto (not a problem in itself), where service - compared to the hotel - is NOT impressive. The café also provides the room service at the hotel and, frankly, was not providing dishes of quality (we tried two salads for lunch and decided quickly not to do it again).
- the sun beds on the beach were pretty old and there was a ridiculous rule that guests from Boulqn could not use the sun beds closest to the ocean (although it hardly matters much, since it only implies an additional 10 meters to the waterfront).
Notwithstanding these "issues", I would recommend this place, especially for travellers with (small) kids. We would certainly stay at Boulan again, if/when returning to Miami.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boulan South Beach is ideally situated in the heart of the Collins Park neighborhood, the cultural and social epicenter of Miami Beach. The Collins Park neighborhood features the best dining, nightlife and the arts that Miami Beach has to offer. Within walking distance of Boulan South Beach are the hottest restaurant and bars, most fashionable shopping, and celebrated cultural establishments in Miami. All this, set amidst the gleaming backdrop of sandy beaches and the shimmering waters of the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Boulan South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.