“Amazing Stay! Highly Recommended for All!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boulan South Beach

Save Saved
You added Boulan South Beach to your Saves list
Boulan South Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   220 21st Street, 2000 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #96 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Miami Beach, Florida
“Amazing Stay! Highly Recommended for All!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My best friend, a hotel snob, stays at the Boulan at least four to five times a year, and now I know why!! Even though the hotel came highly recommended to me by somebody I trust, I checked in with no expectations and this hotel did not fail to disappoint!! I was immediately greeted by a friendly staff, all of whom were very accommodating to any and all of my requests! The artwork in the hotel is awesome, the rooms are SUPER clean and tidy. And, not to mention the hotel is in a great location/neighborhood! My friends and I had a great time laying out at the pool, which was very hip/chill. As soon as I checked out, I have been dying to check back in! I have no complaints.Thanks Boulan!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jimmy M, General Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

We are thrilled to hear that our Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms and Location exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again for review and we hope to welcome you back soon!

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We arrived early in the morning and our room was ready so we were able to check in early which was nice. Everyone on staff was friendly and helpful, especially Olivia and Alex. The room was extremely clean and roomy. The bathroom was amazing and large. The location was good. The pool was clean, but not great. That didn't really matter though because we went to the beach most of the time. The only negative thing I have to say is don't eat at the Orange Blossom, which is where you get the complimentary breakfast each day. We ate there once and the service was soooo bad and it took sooooo long that we never ate there again. All in all I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jimmy M, General Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for being our guest recently and for the review!

I am glad to hear our room size and décor as well as our friendly staff exceeded your expectations. I have shared your kind words to the team, especially to Alex & Olivia. They are appreciative of your review and wanted to thank you!

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon. Feel free to contact me personally for your next booking.

jimmy@thinkhotelgrp.com
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I would really give this place 0 stars if I could !!!
I book 3 rooms with the hotel for a birthday weekend. I explained to the host I wanted the best room available and as we check in the host notifies us that we have arrived before the rooms are ready, and they won't be ready til 4. Ok , no problem we left and did some shopping and arrived back at the hotel at 4 and the host explains she needs another 20/30 minutes, so to kill time we grab a bite to eat.

We arrive back at the hotel and we're told the room is ready. Everyone is taken to their rooms and as the bellman takes us to our room with our bags. We open the door to a DIRTY ROOM!!!! The bed is undone there is garbage on the counter, the tv is on and the room is clearly not clean. We had been waiting for hours for a clean room to be brought to a dirty room. Them the bellman is constantly paging the host to inform her (might I add there is only 1 bellman)that he leaves us to go downstairs to grab new keys. THEY LEFT US IN THE DIRTY ROOM WITH OUR STUFF!!!!!

The bellman then takes us to the penthouse floor to a room that was not as nice as the first room although it was dirty and could not accommodate us. We stayed at the hotel a couple of days.we spent sometime at the pool and placed a order poolside and the woman forgot to bring our order.

Then our room was never cleaned during our stay. I constantly called down to the front desk and nothing until I grabbed the housekeeper myself when I noticed her on her floor asking if she could please clean our room.Such a shame we had to wait to get our room cleaned til the day we left.the Boulan is a nice hotel with great artwork and even a new club Amore attached but the service is HORRIBLE!!! What is even more upsetting there us nothing that the hotel would do for the inconvenience, the young woman said she would email me and she could take off valet parking valet parking is 30bucks she can't be serious.

This hotel must not care about their business nor their customers and experiences. Several people have left reviews about bad experiences and unlike other pages no one has responded to make things right with their customers. If they keep this up they will not be in business much longer.

• Stayed March 2014
Jimmy M, General Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I apologize for the challenges that you faced while being our guest. Would you be kind enough to reach out to me at jimmy@thinkhotelgrp.com so that we can further discuss your stay?

I hope to speak with you soon so that we can address all your concerns.

Respectfully,

Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

They don't offer what they promise on their website. We were 4 friends, we did not get the room we booked. The costumer service was very bad, they charged things on the bill that we did not use from the room bar. There is no compliment tea/coffee in the room, you have to pay for that too.
They give one card for the beach when you have four people staying in a room, do other two are expected to pay every day. Same with breakfast two per room when you have four people staying in the room.
The breakfast they include is a joke, it's a tiny portion, not even enough for a kid, it's actually insulting. The restaurant, orange blossom, bad service, little portions, expensive. The drinks we ordered, the glasses had a layer of dirt/ dust at the bottom, of the the waiters dropped silverware on the floor, he just picked them up and gave it to people, no washing them , nothing.
We did talk to the general manager, he did try to fix a few things but not to our satisfaction.
In all, not a great experience, will not go back again ever.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your feedback!

Apologies if our services were not properly explained to you by our staff. We are currently running a promotion for complimentary breakfast for 2 with your booking. We are also providing 2 complimentary beach chairs and an umbrella amongst other amenities with our daily service fee.

Your room rate even though was booked for 4 people, you will notice that we did not charge for additional guests as most hotels in this area would.

I have also forwarded your concerns with the management team of Orange Blossom as we are continuously looking for feedback to improve our product and service.

If you would like to discuss your concerns any further, please feel free to reach out to me at jimmy@thinkhotelgrp.com.

Respectfully,

Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I booked Boulan having never been to South Beach before and essentially did it because of it's vicinity to the beach (1 minute walk.) It can be pricey depending on your budget but if money is your concern South Beach may not be the area to stay. When my fiance and I checked in Olivia at the front desk was so nice and helpful. We got our keys and went to our room. Now this may sound bad but there must have been some lag between check out and cleaning, but our room was not tended to. Suffice it to say, I was not happy. I went down to talk to Olivia at the front desk and she was clearly aghast. She immediately, and without question, upgraded us to another room with a better view of the ocean and was very apologetic. The room was AMAZING. Very clean, full kitchen, 2 TV's and a large couch and a great view of Collins Ave. What could have been an issue was quickly averted. Our stay was so pleasant through and through. Alex was working the front desk for the next couple of days we were there and she was always there with a smile and helpful advice as to what your average "tourist" should do in the area. I would recommend Boulan to anyone who asks.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

We are delighted to here that our hotel Location and helpful staff were able to pacify your concerns and provide you with a memorable experience. I have shared your kind comments to Olivia and Alex and they both send their thank you and appreciation.

We look forward to your next trip to Miami.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a BEAUTIFUL hotel-apartment with gorgeous designed, spatial rooms and spaces in the heart of Miami. There's no better location than this for convenience - right next to the main outdoor shopping mall, across from the beach and in the near vicinity of so many great restaurants and night life. The bed was super comfortable and the bathroom was luxuriously gorgeous! The rooftop deck and pool a great place to watch the sunset. The little cafe downstairs for breakfast is great and stylish too!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share your experience.

We are pleased to hear that our room design, bed comfort, and our luxurious bathroom exceeded your expectations as we take pride in our room product.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Best spot near Collins Park, huge clean, well decorated 1 bedroom suite, overlooking ocean, great price and new restaurant Orange Blossom opened on first floor. Free breakfast superb. Pool and beach access is top notch, and I heard Bagatelle to open soon. Smartest deal on the beach.Thanks to a great staff, and we'll be back again!

Room Tip: North side ocean view one bedroom suite.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Boulan South Beach? Share your experiences!