“Amazing Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boulan South Beach

You added Boulan South Beach to your Saves list
Boulan South Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   220 21st Street, 2000 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Special Deal
$30 for $50 Worth of Food
Ranked #100 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I visited this hotel with my family last week and we had the most pleasant stay at Boulan South Beach. The staff is so friendly and helpful. Everyone when above and beyond to help us feel at home.The rooms are very comfortable, clean and luxurious. I will definitely com back to visit very soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jimmy M, General Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share your experience.

I am delighted that our rooms and friendly staff met your expectations.

We look forward to your return.

Jimmy Mouawad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have come here a couple of times now and both times have been great. They have this great spot called charles street to eat at and the pool is fantastic! Where else can you see such great art by a pool!? The service is always warm and welcoming. I will be back!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Jimmy M, General Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

We are honored that you have chosen us to be your home in Miami Beach. I will pass along your compliments to the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I loved my stay here! Everything was so clean and nice. The staff at the front desk were really nice and attentive, something hard to find in South Beach most times. Loved it! I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013
Jimmy M, General Manager at Boulan South Beach, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for being our guest recently and for the review!

I will pass along your compliments to the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Best Regards,

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had a recent mini vacation stay at the Boulan South Beach Hotel, and my experience was beyond AMAZING! When I entered, Jessica, who happened to be the manager, greeted me. She was extremely friendly and attentive throughout my stay. Jessica gave me recommendations to some of the best dining restaurants in town and was able to reserve a nice tour around the city for me. She really knows Miami! My room was beautifully decorated and was very modern. Isdel, who was so polite and courteous helped me with my luggage and took the time to give me a tour around the property. I absolutely fell in love with their rooftop pool! Thanks to Rick, who gave me expert advice on the hottest spots in town, I was also able to enjoy the Miami nightlife! My time at Boulan, though short, was nonetheless memorable! Definitely coming back soon! Thanks everyone! Your staff is truly amazing!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share your experience.

I will pass along your compliments to the entire team, especially to Jessica, Isdel and Rick who clearly turned your stay into a memory.

We are thrilled you had a great stay and we hope you will come back to visit us very soon!

Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed atthe Boulan South Beach on Aug 30, 2013. the whole experience was great from the room size and staff. Rick at the hotel was extremely helpful with his guest services and tips on where to eat and on the nightlife. If you want to have the best time stay at the Boulan South beach and be sure to ask for Rick he made our trip great we will return soon to the Boulan for another wonderful experience.

Room Tip: ask for Rick atthe Boulan he will make sure you are taken care of at all times
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to compliment our Team Members!

I am truly honored to know that Rick's customer service made a difference in your visit to Miami Beach. I have passed on your kind words and he was extremely thankful.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My girl and I stayed for the weekend. And let me just say we had the time of our lives. From check in to check out. As soon as u walk in your greeted by a friendly front desk, and Rick the bellman which knows where all the hots spots in south beach are! Going to the room you just have sexy art all over the place. Once in the room it felt like I had a suite from the size of the room. What made our vacay was the roof top pool sick!!! Already planning our halloween weekend in south beach and Boulan is where its at!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I will pass along your kind words to Rick. I am delighted to hear that our Room Size, quality and our Rooftop Pool exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon. Feel free to contact me personally for your next booking.

jimmy@thinkproperties.com
Iowa City, Iowa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We checked into the Boulon on Monday. We were early so I called ahead and asked if our room was ready. I was told that it wasn't but that we could check in when we got there and they would call us as soon as it was ready. I asked if they could just call when it was ready rather than having to come in first. I was told no. If I wanted to be called I would have to come into the hotel and check in first. Why it wasn't possible to just call when it was available, I have no idea. We went to the hotel when we arrived in South Beach. The woman at the front desk checked and said she had another room ready. Great, so we got our keys and went up to the room. Once we got in the room I immediately started checking out our sleeping accommodations. My biggest concern as I had booked a room with one king and a sleeper sofa for 4 people. I went to the "sleeper sofa" (which looked tiny) took the cushions off and pulled out the so called bed. The sofa was torn to shreds and the "bed" was nothing more than a tiny cot that was bent and would not even open properly, NO MATTRESS. I took pictures of it and went down to the front desk. I showed her the pictures and she apologized and looked for another room. A bellman took me up to another room to see if it was more suitable. It wasn't, the sleeper sofa in that room was nothing more than a glorified futon that would at best sleep one person. I told her that wasn't going to work. She said I could wait until 4:00pm and they would find us something else. I said fine, my family and I left and waited to hear from the hotel. At 4:00pm I received a phone call from the hotel informing me we would be in the last room I was shown. I told them that would not fit my family of 4 which is what I paid for. They offered a roll away at my cost. At my cost?? I'm suppose to pay for an additional space that was suppose to have been provided? We did not return to the hotel immediately as we were having dinner. A little while later I received another phone call from the hotel saying they were going to upgrade us at no charge to a room that would better accommodate us. Wonderful..... well, kind of. We returned to the hotel and went up to our new room. The sleeper sofa was a huge upgrade over the previous rooms. That being said, it was still very small and very uncomfortable. My children are older, my son is 14 and 5'11 and my daughter is 17 and 5'8. It may have been fine for two smaller children, but was not good for my kids. I don't believe I read anywhere that the sofa sleeper was only for people of a smaller size. I was thrilled to have a kitchen so that I could cook and save a little on dining out. Unfortunately, to say it is an equipped kitchen is a bit of an overstatement. There is an oven but no potholders, I had to use a hand towel from the bathroom to remove things from the oven. There are no dish towels or dish clothes, plenty of spoons and knives, but only 3 forks, pans, but no lids, let me correct myself, there were lids, they just didn't go to the pots that were provided, a dishwasher but no soap or tablets for the dishwasher.... etc. When we asked for these items, we were told they did not have them. I ended up purchasing a number of items I expected to be provided.

The pool closing at 8:00pm was another disappointment. My kids were so excited about the pool, however, we were typically gone throughout the day and it was something we had hoped to use later on.

We stayed for two days. On our last day, we checked out right at 11:00am. No issues with checking out until I was driving across the street to park my car and realized I had left my iPhone charging in the iPod dock in our room. I parked my car, rented some bikes that were right next to the parking lot and returned to the hotel (took maybe 15 minutes from the time we left). I sent my daughter over immediately while I finished paying for the bikes. When I arrived back at the hotel, they were in the process of looking for my phone. Why it was a process, I do not know. I told them where it was, It should have been as simple as getting the phone and being on my way.... right? WRONG! My phone was no where to be found. My son starting calling it... it was shut off. While I knew right then, my phone had been stolen, I continued to let them look in the hopes that I was overreacting. I told the woman from the front desk my concerns about the phone being shut off. A phone doesn't shut off by itself, someone has to do it. She told me they would review the security footage. I said fine, I had to catch up with my kids on the bikes and would return shortly. When I returned, they were still looking at security footage. After waiting some more (this whole process took about 2 hours), a manager came over and spoke with me. He apologized and said that no one else other than his staff had entered the room so they do not know what happened to it, but will continue to look for it. Are you kidding me? It was in a docking station, turned on, and then someone turned it off, I returned only moments after leaving.... it doesn't take a genius. As someone who has worked in hospitality for over 20 years, in management for the last 8, I have never seen such a lack of concern for what is such a serious issue!

I have stayed in a number of hotels over the years with my children. When managing things for four people it is easy for things to get left behind. This is not the first time I have left my phone behind, however, it is the first time I have ever returned to a hotel to retrieve an item only to find it gone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback!

I apologize for the challenges that you faced while being our guest. Would you be kind enough to reach out to me at jimmy@thinkproperties.com so that we can further discuss your stay?

I hope to speak with you soon so that we can address all your concerns.

Respectfully,