“Management not sensitive to hurricane sandy storm victims” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Boulan South Beach

Save Saved
You added Boulan South Beach to your Saves list
Boulan South Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   220 21st Street, 2000 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #88 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
new york
“Management not sensitive to hurricane sandy storm victims”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked the BOULAN last minute because my 88 year mother suffered severe damage to her home from hurricane Sandy. I was told that there would be service in this facility but most of the time they don't answer at the front desk. I tried to take a shower last night at 11:00 pm but there was no hot water. I booked an ocean view but as it turned out the hotel overlooks another very large building so you can't see the ocean. I want to move my mother to another hotel but the Boulan has a very strict cancellation policy and so far they won't give a refund. You would think they'd have a little more consideration for an 88 year old woman who's home was ravaged by hurricane Sandy. I 'm hoping they'll be a little more accommodating, keep you posted....
By the way, they're still doing construction on the building and it tends to be very noisy at times, buyer beware....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I just touched down from South Beach, Miami. While there my wife, daughter and I stayed at the Boulan Hotel. The hotel, as a whole, from the lobby to the rooms have a very contemporary look. Up dated appliances and fixtures. Sexy is the best way to describe this place. Located in the middle of Collins avenue everything is in walking distance. Shops, restaurants, and the beach.
The staff was very accommodating. We we're offered a umbrella to take on our stroll since it was raining. As soon as we stepped out it stopped. That's Miami for you. One particular staff member Louis extended our check out time to 4:00pm since we had a 8:30pm flight. That was very much appreciated. He could have tossed us out on the street with no where to go luggage and all.

Thanks Buolan for making our stay wonderful. We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

A fantastic condo conversion. There is about a 50/50 mix of hotel to condo rental in south beach. The only thing that hotels have that the Boulan does not, is a boutique bar. It will eventually have a bar I'm told, but never the less, this ulra-luxe place is COOL and QUIET. Quiet is valuable when trying to sleep in south beach. It is on Collins and not on Ocean, which is important for peace of mind :) It is located at the north end of the main part, but it is very close to everything. I had a scooter and it was easy to get to everything. The service, attitude and friendlyness was GREAT! They are very accomodating. This place is ultra cool. It's a hidden gem. I give it a good mark for value because in life you get what you pay for. For only a little less in price you get SO MUCH less at other places. South Beach is a VERY desired place to be and it is priced as such. The roof top pool is awesome! The valet service to park your car is $35 a day, but you will pay that ANYWHERE in south beach to park. Parking is very limited. I suggest renting a scooter while your there, it's SO much easier to get around and park. Enjoy! I highly recommend!

Room Tip: 311, 411 and 511 are corner rooms with a view on 2 sides ...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Halifax, NS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I spent hours searching for a nice spot for 5 friends to spend 3 days together. The lobby is beautiful and the staff appeared to be helpful. The room is lovely but not as nice as the pictures on the website. The problem was that the queen pull out was the worst bed that I have ever felt. The mattress was so thin and uneven even though it was pretty new. It was embarrassment that I had booked the place. The "single" bed was a blow up mattress thrown on the floor. My friends slept on the sofa cushions on the floor. I asked management to do something and they assured me that they would but when we returned that night, nothing had been done. In addition, there were never any towels by the pool. The pool, however, was stunning. There also was a large patio off of the room but no furniture.

Room Tip: Great for a couple only.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Don't book here if you expect a normal hotel experience. They are barely a hotel -- very little service if any. But you do get a really nice big condo with full kitchen, living room, huge bathrooms, really nice new spaces, for a good price right in a nice area of South Beach. It's a nice deal if you don't need all the services of a hotel like bell hop/porter, concierge, taxi service, etc. I think this is why there are such high and low reviews. The rooftop pool area is lovely and was empty when I was there (though it was low season). My room was REALLY nice. But I could tell that the place was still preparing for game day, so to speak. They were still installing the phones in September 2012. Still, I'd stay here again with friends to take advantage of the huge rooms and nice roof. It's worth it if you get a good price and don't expect the service of a nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

After a debacle of staying at The Perry hotel we lucked out to come across this place. The residences were extremely spacious and had every bit of ammenities you could ask for. The pool is relaxing with its cabanas and lounges never overloaded with people. Just what we needed after a few too many big nights out in Miami. I would highly recommend this place. The staff we very friendly, helpful and personable. We will stay again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at the Boulan, I hate when customers use this site, the fact that some people will make up stuff just to get free stuff is beyond me. I had nothing but great things to say about this property. The Manager was super helpful and provided us with everything we needed. The Cleaning staff was nothing more than excellent, the apartment is superb, the rooftop pool was amazing, i wish the phone will be better and the TV channels as well but hey i did not come to the beach to watch tv or talk on the phone. I want to thank everyone at Boulan for their kind and warm reception.

Cant wait to come back to this Amazing hotel and THanks Clauido for your help you are the best.

Room Tip: get a unit with a balcony nicer layout
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Boulan South Beach? Share your experiences!