“Great place in South Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boulan South Beach

Save Saved
You added Boulan South Beach to your Saves list
Boulan South Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   220 21st Street, 2000 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #96 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Great place in South Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

A fantastic condo conversion. There is about a 50/50 mix of hotel to condo rental in south beach. The only thing that hotels have that the Boulan does not, is a boutique bar. It will eventually have a bar I'm told, but never the less, this ulra-luxe place is COOL and QUIET. Quiet is valuable when trying to sleep in south beach. It is on Collins and not on Ocean, which is important for peace of mind :) It is located at the north end of the main part, but it is very close to everything. I had a scooter and it was easy to get to everything. The service, attitude and friendlyness was GREAT! They are very accomodating. This place is ultra cool. It's a hidden gem. I give it a good mark for value because in life you get what you pay for. For only a little less in price you get SO MUCH less at other places. South Beach is a VERY desired place to be and it is priced as such. The roof top pool is awesome! The valet service to park your car is $35 a day, but you will pay that ANYWHERE in south beach to park. Parking is very limited. I suggest renting a scooter while your there, it's SO much easier to get around and park. Enjoy! I highly recommend!

Room Tip: 311, 411 and 511 are corner rooms with a view on 2 sides ...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Halifax, Ns
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I spent hours searching for a nice spot for 5 friends to spend 3 days together. The lobby is beautiful and the staff appeared to be helpful. The room is lovely but not as nice as the pictures on the website. The problem was that the queen pull out was the worst bed that I have ever felt. The mattress was so thin and uneven even though it was pretty new. It was embarrassment that I had booked the place. The "single" bed was a blow up mattress thrown on the floor. My friends slept on the sofa cushions on the floor. I asked management to do something and they assured me that they would but when we returned that night, nothing had been done. In addition, there were never any towels by the pool. The pool, however, was stunning. There also was a large patio off of the room but no furniture.

Room Tip: Great for a couple only.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Don't book here if you expect a normal hotel experience. They are barely a hotel -- very little service if any. But you do get a really nice big condo with full kitchen, living room, huge bathrooms, really nice new spaces, for a good price right in a nice area of South Beach. It's a nice deal if you don't need all the services of a hotel like bell hop/porter, concierge, taxi service, etc. I think this is why there are such high and low reviews. The rooftop pool area is lovely and was empty when I was there (though it was low season). My room was REALLY nice. But I could tell that the place was still preparing for game day, so to speak. They were still installing the phones in September 2012. Still, I'd stay here again with friends to take advantage of the huge rooms and nice roof. It's worth it if you get a good price and don't expect the service of a nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

After a debacle of staying at The Perry hotel we lucked out to come across this place. The residences were extremely spacious and had every bit of ammenities you could ask for. The pool is relaxing with its cabanas and lounges never overloaded with people. Just what we needed after a few too many big nights out in Miami. I would highly recommend this place. The staff we very friendly, helpful and personable. We will stay again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at the Boulan, I hate when customers use this site, the fact that some people will make up stuff just to get free stuff is beyond me. I had nothing but great things to say about this property. The Manager was super helpful and provided us with everything we needed. The Cleaning staff was nothing more than excellent, the apartment is superb, the rooftop pool was amazing, i wish the phone will be better and the TV channels as well but hey i did not come to the beach to watch tv or talk on the phone. I want to thank everyone at Boulan for their kind and warm reception.

Cant wait to come back to this Amazing hotel and THanks Clauido for your help you are the best.

Room Tip: get a unit with a balcony nicer layout
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Avoid this place if possible.

I arrived in the Boulan Hotel (MIAMI SOUTH BEACH) just after 10 pm and was informed that there was no porter to help me with 5 bags to room. I had to take these myself. I was informed later that belle services were not 24 hours.

The room sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable with a very cheap thin mattress that I could not sleep on properly as one could easily feel the strings through the mattress. I complained and was told that there was no alternative. The King bed could not fit myself , my wife and 2 young children comfortably.

The air conditioning was also not working in the room and we were therefore moved to another room that night.

The following day I complained to the manager who was very unhelpful initially stating that if i had complaints about lack of porter and mattress that i should contact expedia and ask them to find me another hotel.

I felt this was unhelpful and after some more discussion he mentioned that he would try and find me another mattress which he did. This was slightly more comfortable but once again too short for me.

I also complained that the phone in our room was not connected and he stated that because these were condos owned by individuals but rented out that certain guests had not paid there phone bills and therefore the owners of individual condos had decided to have phone disconnected. This was very unhelpful as every time we had a query we would have to leave our room and go down to the front desk. The hotel website also stated that the phone in each room would allow guests to make free local calls. As we had no phone we could not utilise this service.

Also the expedia website states that there is a private beach for hotel but the hotel front staff denied this stating it was a mistake by expedia.

Also the complimentary breakfast was very sparse and unless you got down very early the few croissants, milk, apples, ornahge juice would be finished. Also these items had to be carried back to the condo as there was no communal breakfast area.

All in all this was a very poor experience at this hotel apart from 1 staff member called Robert who was very helpful and polite unlike the other staff that we encountered.

Avoid this condo hotel experience if you wish hotel type services as these are non existent. Although the hotel is close to the beach there are no other benefits to staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Hello i just had the best vacation in my life, we are from Brazil and stayed at the Boulan for 5 days we loved the entire place the rooftop pool was just amazing the staff was nothing but the best the Manager was at the desk and helped us out with dinner reservation and places and things to do we thank him for the referals for restaurants wow the front porch was super nice and very affordable. The cleaning staff was always nice and our unit was always very clean, my only complaint was the lack of pay per view movies and the phone was not the usual hotel rather than a privite line but i guess this is the case in some condo hotels. I come with my family every year to miami this time was the best, i will come back to the Boulan and the manager even gives you his own number so he can take care of your next visit wow never had that offered before. Dont pay attention to those people that are so nasty, you know whom you are this place was just best ahh also they have their own section at the beach with chairs and it was free..... LOVE IT !!!!!

Room Tip: Our unit didn't have a balcony but it was very big for all of us nice place lots of windows very...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Boulan South Beach? Share your experiences!