“Awesome food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pubbelly Gastro Pub

Pubbelly Gastro Pub
1418 20th Street, Miami Beach, FL (Bayshore)
305-532-7555
Neighborhood: Bayshore
Leeds
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This place is so unique, a fusion of asian and american, best dumplings I have ever tasted, unlike any restaurant we have ever been too. Service personal and great too. Go here...!

Visited November 2012

“A must for Foodies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I always enjoy experiencing the culinary gems of great cities and the Pubbelly delivered. The atmosphere was gastropub NYC type, in an off the beaten path commercial area. We worked our way through all the dumpling selections smiling all the way with delight. We could not wait to enjoy the next dish. We went on to the pork belly, heirloom beets, and had an encore with the shortrib & corn dumplings. I wanted to start all over again but I was full. I would go back in a heart beat.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Fabulous dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Pubbelly was recommended by one of the locals to me. It was a tapas style restuarant, with many delicious types to choose from. We were having a hard time deciding so ordered the tasting plate. The service was excellent, with the waiter or waitress explaining each dish as it came out. It really was a full experience. It's definitely worth paying a little bit extra for such a fabulous meal. We had the platter, a glass of wine and dessert for $50. Great value!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“My favorite meal in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were referred by Mirka, our lovely guide from Miami Culinary Tours. She said Pubbelly was the place where chefs go after their shift. I can understand why. This was by far the most creative meal we had during our stay. When you eat tuna sashimi and bbq baby back ribs in the same meal, you know something's special is going on. The aforementioned tuna sashimi was served with cheese! It was delicious. We also had the shrimp and yellowfin rolls. I love it when a talented chef blows me away with something as common as a shrimp maki. The baby back ribs were also to die for. This is the kind of place where even though you're full, you want to keep tasting everything on the menu. Service was excellent, actually leaning on the "too quick" side. The tapas size dishes are brought to you as soon as they come out, in no particular order. Wine list is minimalist, which contrasts with the extensive beer selection. Too bad they don't have more tables outside (4 tables I think).
If you love creative food prepared with talent, this is the place you've been looking for.
Pros: best food in Miami, competent service, beer selection, casual atmosphere, good music, metered parking on surrounding streets
Cons: few tables outside, minimalist wine list

• Visited November 2012
Chester, New Jersey
“Great recommendation and dining experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Pubbelly was highly recommended to us by a colleague we're working with in Miami. She went so far as to print the menu and mark off her suggestions... and I was not disappointed!

The restaurant is located just a few blocks off the Venetian Highway if you're coming from Miami. Like most of Miami Beach, parking isn't free, but on this Wednesday night there were plenty of spots around the corner... 2hrs for $3.75. The restaurant opens for dinner at 6pm, so be aware if you're going for an early meal (there are neighboring places that you can get a drink at). We opted for the cochinillo, pork belly & scallion dumplings, and a really great mofongo. For the two of us, sharing the three dishes was plenty... along with a creme brulet that was amazing. I didn't partake of the beverages this evening, but I was impressed with the selection. Prices I felt were quite reasonable with the above dishes coming to $55 including the tip.

Ambiance is quite casual, and there is minimal outdoor seating. As a previous reviewer mentioned, the music is a bit loud, but I didn't have issue hearing my colleague or the servers. This is a definite must-try for anyone who likes to stray off the usual culinary path and try new things. I would warn based on it's outward appearance that if you're just walking by and expecting the usual pub fare based on appearance... you're not going to find it there. The menu's on their website, have a look and give it a go!

• Visited October 2012