“Phenomenal location. Amazing suite.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Espanola Way Suites to your Saves list
Espanola Way Suites
443 Espanola Way, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Phenomenal location. Amazing suite.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Couldn't say enough great things about Espanola Way Suites.

I was looking for a quick getaway from the DC area to escape the cold weather and happened to find an incredible great deal on flight. I ended up visiting during the WMC and this place, by far, had the best deal.

We booked our five day excursion and about two weeks prior, we received a confirmation containing all of the information we needed; building and room codes, wifi information, general dos and don'ts, and contact information.

We arrived with no issues. Its located right in the heart of south beach and along Espanola Way. Its a cute, safe area, filled with plenty of restaurants and little boutiques.

We stayed in suite 301 and its was amazing. Super roomy and clean. What more could someone ask for? Our suite faced Espanola Way and I'll say, we could definitely hear the night conversations, music and laughter but it didn't bother me. I can sleep through a lot of noise but in case you're a light sleeper, bring ear plugs.

We opted out of the daily cleaning just to save on costs, and it worked out great. We're clean ladies so we brought along dish washing liquid and a sponge to clean dishes since these items were not listed on the inventory list and we wanted to be prepared.

When I visit Miami again, this will be the place I plan to stay. I loved everything about my stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Invercargill, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

On the good side the location is great, there is lots of space, and, for South Beach, it is reasonably priced. Having washing facilities down the hall was very good too. The apartment has pots and pans and plates etc but no dishcloth, no dish washing detergent and no tea towels. No iron either. That really needs to be sorted.

Phoned the manager when we arrived and left a message - haven't heard from him/her yet.

It is just too noisy. It's not just the restaurants because mostly they close at midnight, but the nightclubs nearby keep thumping and the women keep shrieking on the street till after 2 on weekdays and 4 or 5 on Saturday night. Then just as you finally fall asleep the street cleaners start up. Nightmare. Double glazing would make a huge difference.

If it wasn't so noisy I would stay again, but otherwise no.

Stayed March 2013
La Paz, Bolivia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed for a week at Española Way Suites. It was just lovely in every way! We stayed in room 205, had a king size bed that was extremely comfortable. The bathroom is very large and easy to use. Lots of extra space in the flat to organize your stuff. The living room has very comfortable chairs. It was nice having the balconies, as at night it was wonderful for people watching.
It was nice having the washing machine and dryer on each floor. Came in very handy.
We didn't feel it was too noisy the suites, expect for Saturday night but we had earplugs just in case. The only noise problem was the street cleaners with their air-blowers and garage trucks arrive before 7 am. 7 days a week, and that's quite annoying. Maybe avoid the corner suites, if u are a late sleeper.
The pictures on the web page did the apartments justice, they are identical to the pictures.
Rosario the manager was very pleasant to deal with, and very prompt us with any of our requests, even a later check out.
We opted for the option of one time cleaning.
We plan on staying here again in the future. The location is perfect. And very cute!

Room Tip: If u can get a sunny view room, it will be much quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

The place was beautiful and clean. Location was great as it was only a few blocks from Miami beach and nestled on a cute 1 block street "Espanola Way" steps away from great restaurants. Only down fall was no parking. Only metered spots. There's a garage a few blocks north but expensive. My advice: don't rent a car!

• Stayed August 2012
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Loved the location and the units at Espanola Way Suites. Our stay would have been perfect if they supplied sheets for the sleeper sofas, an iron, and dish towels and a little bit of dish soap and coffee to get you started. These few additions would have made the stay perfect. We would absolutely stay again.

Room Tip: Pick a room towards the interior of the building. We didn't experience any of the noise issues...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Espanola way suites is a great alternative to one of the extemely pretentious spots on Collins or Ocean. Stayed in April 2012.

When we come to Miami, my boyfriend and I opt for an apartment type facility. This place was almost perfect...

First off, the location is great! It is in Espanola Way Village (hence the name), a quaint, charming street located in South Beach. It is lined with Spanish/Cuban themed restaurants and shops. It is also a 7 minute walk away from the beach. My only complaint with this, is that it wasn't beachfront. However I am not reducing stars because of this. The check-in process is very simple. No line waiting or keys needed here. Once you make your reservation, you are sent an e-mail with the door and building codes (that are changed frequently) to enter the building. There is no front desk or any type of concierge/room service. If you like to be waited on hand and foot this place is not for you.

The service throughout the reservation process was bad. I attempted to call this place numerous times without an answer or a call back. You must go through the site, pay money, and remind them to send you the e-mail with the code before you get any answers from this place.

The apartments are very spacious. We had a 1BR with a full living area, full bathroom, and full kitchen with utensils and cookware. The only carpeting in the the room is the rug located in the middle of the living area. There is a TV in the bedroom and living with basic cable +HBO On Demand. The TVs are decent in size, but I'm used to the big ones I have at my home. I would advise that Espanola Way Suites compose a TV guide. The living room had a guide feature from the remote, but the bedroom didn't.

The cleanlieness of the bathroom shower floor is where the stars come into play. This place would have gotten a 5 had it not been for the disgusting shower floor in room 305. It looked like there was dirt/mold/soap scum cakes between the tiling of the floor. I also found a few stray hairs throughout the apartment (not that big of a deal, but it is worth mentioning). My boyfriend and I had to buy comet, and scrub the floor to even make it somewhat acceptable to shower. We still wore our flip flops after the fact. Other than that, the bathroom was pretty clean.

Another con for me is the $30 per day charge for cleaning service. I understand that this is not exactly a hotel, but they should at least have a minimum stay length for getting your room cleaned. We didn't opt for this since we were only staying for 4 nights. We bought minor cleaning supplies to keep the place tidy, but nothing major.

Just FYI- no parking available, no pool, or fitness room. The noise level at night is something to consider. Not as bad as Ocean Drive, but there is some noise at night from the restaurants. This usually stops around 2am...These were not issues for our stay, but just keep this in mind if you book.

Overall, good place to stay, and would stay here again. My only complaints were that it was not beachfront, the shower, and the service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Before booking the suite, we had asked how loud it would be and were guaranteed that the street noise would not be very loud in the suite we were staying.

This unfortunately was not the case. The noise went on and on and on until 4AM in the morning. I should have known better and should not complain about this.

The suite itself was okay. The carpet in the main room looked dirty and in need of vacuuming which really grossed me out.

There also was hand prints and stains all over the faux leather seating which also was somewhat gross. There was a ton dust on the blinds also.

The bathroom had quite a lot dust in the closet and the shelves . It did not seem to be clean in the unit.

I attempted to cancel my reservation and get my money back for the noise situation, but there is a no cancellation policy. The building was sold out, so the property manager could not move me to another unit. Basically I was screwed.

So beware that there is substantial noise from the street.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Espanola Way Suites? Share your experiences!