“Simplicity and Charm” 3 of 5 stars

443 Espanola Way, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Simplicity and Charm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Espanola way suites is a great alternative to one of the extemely pretentious spots on Collins or Ocean. Stayed in April 2012.

When we come to Miami, my boyfriend and I opt for an apartment type facility. This place was almost perfect...

First off, the location is great! It is in Espanola Way Village (hence the name), a quaint, charming street located in South Beach. It is lined with Spanish/Cuban themed restaurants and shops. It is also a 7 minute walk away from the beach. My only complaint with this, is that it wasn't beachfront. However I am not reducing stars because of this. The check-in process is very simple. No line waiting or keys needed here. Once you make your reservation, you are sent an e-mail with the door and building codes (that are changed frequently) to enter the building. There is no front desk or any type of concierge/room service. If you like to be waited on hand and foot this place is not for you.

The service throughout the reservation process was bad. I attempted to call this place numerous times without an answer or a call back. You must go through the site, pay money, and remind them to send you the e-mail with the code before you get any answers from this place.

The apartments are very spacious. We had a 1BR with a full living area, full bathroom, and full kitchen with utensils and cookware. The only carpeting in the the room is the rug located in the middle of the living area. There is a TV in the bedroom and living with basic cable +HBO On Demand. The TVs are decent in size, but I'm used to the big ones I have at my home. I would advise that Espanola Way Suites compose a TV guide. The living room had a guide feature from the remote, but the bedroom didn't.

The cleanlieness of the bathroom shower floor is where the stars come into play. This place would have gotten a 5 had it not been for the disgusting shower floor in room 305. It looked like there was dirt/mold/soap scum cakes between the tiling of the floor. I also found a few stray hairs throughout the apartment (not that big of a deal, but it is worth mentioning). My boyfriend and I had to buy comet, and scrub the floor to even make it somewhat acceptable to shower. We still wore our flip flops after the fact. Other than that, the bathroom was pretty clean.

Another con for me is the $30 per day charge for cleaning service. I understand that this is not exactly a hotel, but they should at least have a minimum stay length for getting your room cleaned. We didn't opt for this since we were only staying for 4 nights. We bought minor cleaning supplies to keep the place tidy, but nothing major.

Just FYI- no parking available, no pool, or fitness room. The noise level at night is something to consider. Not as bad as Ocean Drive, but there is some noise at night from the restaurants. This usually stops around 2am...These were not issues for our stay, but just keep this in mind if you book.

Overall, good place to stay, and would stay here again. My only complaints were that it was not beachfront, the shower, and the service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Edmonton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Before booking the suite, we had asked how loud it would be and were guaranteed that the street noise would not be very loud in the suite we were staying.

This unfortunately was not the case. The noise went on and on and on until 4AM in the morning. I should have known better and should not complain about this.

The suite itself was okay. The carpet in the main room looked dirty and in need of vacuuming which really grossed me out.

There also was hand prints and stains all over the faux leather seating which also was somewhat gross. There was a ton dust on the blinds also.

The bathroom had quite a lot dust in the closet and the shelves . It did not seem to be clean in the unit.

I attempted to cancel my reservation and get my money back for the noise situation, but there is a no cancellation policy. The building was sold out, so the property manager could not move me to another unit. Basically I was screwed.

So beware that there is substantial noise from the street.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Nice spacious appartements. We were right above one of the busy restaurants. This was not a good combination with jetlag. The very nice property manager helped us by move to another part of the building. The appartements are nice. It has a kitchen but with limited tools. The beach , Lincoln road and everything is a short walk away.

• Stayed April 2012
Niskayuna, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Espanola Way Suites are smack in the middle of Miami Beach. Secured lobby allows guests to slip into an oasis away from the bustle and banter of one of the most quaint streets in Miami, filled with shops and cafes. A bit over one block from Lincoln Mall, where the Airport Flyover (150) bus drops passengers for $2.35. One block from a bike rental kiosk. Two blocks from Lummus Park and the beach and boardwalk. We didn't need a car, but metered parking is around the corner on Drexel. We walked and biked everywhere, and came back to a quiet, modern suite, fully equipped kitchen,wi fi, sleek new bathroom, comfortable bed with crisp sheets, with tons of shelves and storage. Little markets that sell everything you may have forgotten line Washington Street. Clubs and restaurants and salons and coffee shops are within steps. Emails from owner were prompt and informative. Everything was ready and waiting for us. It was an awesome place to stay!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking street have the view but definitely feel the beat of the nightlife-
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

My daughter who lives in the area found this gem for us. Espanola Way Suites is a charming pink building right on the lively restaurant-filled streets of Espanola Way. The suites are actually individual apartments. Very modern, super spotless kitchen and bathroom, lots of space and wifi. The door to our suite had a keycode instead of a key which was great, so we didn't have to worry about our key on the shore while we were in the water.
We wanted to move in permanently! We won't stay anywhere else now when we come to visit. You even get a choice of whether you want your suite windows facing Espanola Way or not. We chose to face the street. The nightlife added to our enjoyment of the whole South Beach vibe.

Room Tip: Suites facing the back are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Espanola Way Suites? Share your experiences!