“The BEST!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
College Park, Maryland
“The BEST!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Let me start off by saying this hotel was awesome!!!! From the staff, to the rooms, to the food, to the location.....and let's not forget all of the amenities! I read reviews about the noise level...and while they give you free ear plugs....there is no need in using them! We were actually over top of a store, and the most noise we heard was the music playing at the clothing store beneath our room...and even still that wasn't bad. The location of the hotel is perfect! Oh...and let's not forget the rooftop pool. They offer free chaise chairs at the beach everyday during your stay. I would recommend this hotel with 10 stars! I am planning my next trip already and we just got back in town yesterday!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The hotel was very nice and the room was comfortable. I enjoyed the fact that it was one street over from ocean drive. No need to hop in the car. Loved being able to walk to the beach and restaurants. Definitely loved the roof top pool and lounge area.

• Stayed June 2014
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The staff at hotel of south beach were AMAZING! So kind, and I mean ALL of them. The hotel is centrally located so you won't need a car your in the HEART OF SOUTH BEACH at this hotel. If your considering this as your hotel I would suggest you do it! You won't be sorry

Room Tip: All of them are nice even the designer standard is nice and clean,
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Grantham UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My daughter and I have returned from a great break in Miami. We had travelled here to surprise my mum who was stopping off in Miami on the way home. We arrived at the hotel around 8.30pm and were tired and hungry after a long journey and a bit of a delay due to a bad thunder storm. We were greeted and welcomed immediately and check-in quickly and shown to our room, in the new annexe on Ocean Drive, which is only a few steps from the main building. These rooms are above a Cafe that is 24 hours, which we didn't really register went we arrived, more about this later.

I had chosen an Ocean Front room, but not having been to Miami before, didn't realise quite how busy it was at night ( and apparently it was low season.) The room its self was ideal , clean, comfortable, light and airy, the bathroom was a great size, and it seemed reasonably quiet. I was a little concerned though when I saw a couple of packs of ear plugs beside the bed.

We ordered room service, which was delivered promptly and was just what we needed. The portion sizes were sensible unlike a lot of US food.

We finally cashed about an hour later, the jet lag getting the better of us. I fell asleep quite quickly but soon woke an hour or so later. All I could hear was the bass of the music from cars going by and people talking and laughing in the cafe. The windows appeared to be double glazed of sorts , so it did muffle to sounds to a certain extent, but not completely. Now, I admit that I don't usually sleep that well in new beds and especially when jet lagged, so don't want to be too negative about this, but feel that people need to know the facts and then make a decision whether these rooms are for them. Apart from this noise problem, I couldn't fault it!

The next day, we waited until my mum arrived and saw her room, then decided that we really should try to change the room as I felt another 3 night with little or no sleep would be hell, after all we were there for a rest! I mentioned to the lady on reception at the time what we would like to do and she was more than helpful ! She offered to let us see 2 rooms one with 2 beds and then a 1 bed suite. David, one of the concierge guys,( all of which are great very informative and very helpful) who had actually taken my mum to her room, showed us the 2 rooms and we decided to go for the suite room 217 as it was a lot lighter than the other standard type room 216 ( which by the way I felt was quite dark and the window was frosted glass, I guess for privacy.

We returned to the old room to pack our things up and left our suit cases etc and let David know they were ready to move. We then went up the pool to catch up with mum's travels. In the mean time the rom was made ready for us and the luggage transferred to the new room, which was so much quieter. I was really impressed how everything was handled and nothing was too much trouble.

The rest of our stay was great and the staff in all parts of the hotel were happy to help and had smiles on their faces. The management should be proud of their staff as it makes this hotel a great place to stay. Although I only really chose this hotel as my mum was staying here I would certainly return .

By the way, my mums room 323 was great too, Lovely and light and quiet.

Room Tip: One bed suite 217 or 323 2 bedded room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Horley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Cannot fault this hotel in any way.
* staff who cannot do enough to help
* located in Art Deco quarter
* annex building faces Ocean Drive
* roof top pool overlooking the ocean
* choice of inhouse dining options
* knowledgeable concierge - not there to sell you tickets
* we upgraded on arrival to a Suite - worth the extra $$

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriends and I were in Miami for a Bachelorette party weekend (beginning of June 2014) and we loved staying here!

Amazing staff:
-John, lead concierge, is so fabulous! He is beyond awesome and extremely helpful! We are truly appreciative of his patience and resourcefulness!
-Daniel, front desk, is also patient, funny and a great photographer!
-Pool bar staff (everyone there) was so attentive! Their attention to detail is impeccable! They also make delicious ice coffees!

Food:
The food from the pool bar is delicious and reasonably priced. The food came out hot and right on time!

Rooms:
Rooms were cute and very clean. Service came twice a day! Beds were comfortable and sheets were clean.

We loved staying here! The Hotel has the perfect combination of amazing staff, clean rooms, delicious food and centralized location!

• Stayed June 2014
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

For being so close to the beach and main bars, the Hotel of South Beach feels like a million miles away once you are inside. Its a lovely clean friendly hotel which is perfect to return to after the madness of the beach, pubs and clubs on South Beach. (Especially if you are there at the same time as Spring Break!) Its like having two holidays in one, one outside of the hotel and one inside. The rooftop bar is a treat as is the pool, the fitness room and the free cocktail voucher on arrival There is nothing that is too much bother for the staff. Would definitely recommend and would stay again 100% when returning to Miami

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hotel? Share your experiences!