“Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Massapequa Park, New York
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I just came back about a week ago from a trip to Miami with six other people and I can honestly say that this is one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in. We planned this trip a little less than a year ago and picked this hotel on the basis of the price and of course the reviews. I travel enough to know what a good hotel should be like and this hotel definitely exceeds your expectations in every which way. Let me start off with our arrival. We arrived at the hotel early morning on a Thursday. Upon arrival we were greeted at the front door as well as by the concierge and front desk. We were able to check in right away and did not have to wait around for our rooms to be ready. We dropped our bags in our rooms and proceeded to the downstairs bar in which we immediately used our free drink voucher. Might I say the hotel's specialty drink is quite amazing. The bartender was extremely nice and took care of us very well. We stayed from early Thursday to late Monday night and I can tell you for the five days we were there the staff accommodated us for everything. We decided to pick this particular week to go because of the fact that Miami holds the Winter Music Conference every year during this time. John, at the concierge desk was absolutely amazing. He kept us updated on everything that was going on each day and night. From pool parties to night clubs that were hosting big events during that weekend. He was able to get us certain deals and all package night time events that would have costed us hundreds of dollars if we didn't go through him and the hotel. I cannot say enough positive things about the staff here. The waiters and waitresses at the roof top pool were also amazing and attended to our every needs. Due to the fact that our flight was very late on Monday the hotel allowed us to stay there all day. Not in our rooms but they held our bags for us and we were able to use all of the amenities just as we did when we were checked in. This was my first trip to Miami and this hotel made it so pleasurable. I cannot wait to get back to Miami and stay at this hotel again. I will indeed be recommending it to anybody I know who is looking to travel down there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Just spent two nights here with a friend. We are in our fifties and less into nightlife and more into relaxing in the great Miami weather. We totally enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The entire staff was helpful and friendly and really seemed interested in our daily adventures. They gave us restaurant recommendations, etc. The room was comfortable, reasonably quiet, and the beds were great. But the best part was the rooftop pool. Just fabulous with sunny and shady places to hang out, and a beautiful view of the beach. Plus, I really appreciated that the pool staff took food and drink orders but didn't push anyone to order anything. All in all, a great stay and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a central South Beach location and a comfortable boutique Art Deco place to stay.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I'll be honest. I chose this place because it was NOT $500/night, and it was close to the beach and Ocean Drive. So if you are looking for location and price, you've got a winner. Also, it's a cute place, and the front desk, concierge and bellpeople are friendly and courteous. It was the room. With no window. Why they didn't put some kids in there who were 4 to a room on spring break, well, i will never understand. To be perfectly honest, there was a window but it was frosted over, which is probably a good thing because the view was over a delivery alley and trucks unloaded and loaded all day and all night. I did not complain or ask for another room, since after driving all the way from Key West, i was happy to be out of the car and into a room, any room. But on reflection, who wants to stay in Miami Beach and not see the sky, at least? So, if you go there, make sure your room has a window that you can see out of, and you will probably have a great time!

Room Tip: GET A WINDOW that does not look out onto the alley.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We had a great experience at 'The Hotel of South Beach' at 8th St.

Here are the pros: Great staff: The staff were unusually welcoming and friendly. It almost felt like we were staying at the home of an old friend.

Nice atmosphere: The hotel is historic (I think it's from the 1930's if I remember correctly), and they updated it, so it's very fresh, vibrant, and very Miami. Everything is cheerful and bright. There is a nice outdoor seating area in the front as well as at the side of the building (where they also serve food), with a fountain and tropical greenery. We had our free cocktails (they give you one each) out there, which was very relaxing.

Great shower: The bath was updated and the shower was spa-like--the shower head was like a cross between a regular shower head and a rain shower, so it was the best of both worlds and great for tall people. Even the toiletries smelled wonderful and were higher end products. There was a pretty large bathtub if you're a tub person.

Location/Amenities: If you go to the beach (just 1 block away), the hotel has an agreement where you get free beach towels and lounge chairs from the service people at the beach. You just go to the booth and ask them. You do have to pay to rent umbrellas, however. They were $15, but one is enough to cover both chairs. You can also walk to lots of restaurants from the hotel. On Saturdays, they have free yoga at the hotel, and there is a workout room on the 4th floor.

Cons: We didn't really have a view (other than the street below), and the hotel just has 4 floors, but I'm assuming that the penthouse does have views. There are nice views from the pool area, however. There was some noise from the street at night, although it did stop around midnight. I slept pretty well with earplugs. The room and bath were standard size; not huge, but I've had smaller. The sink and counter in the bathroom were quite small, so there's not a lot of room for your toiletries. The safe in the room was also on the small side, and I had a hard time getting my laptop in there. Sometimes the elevator takes a long time, and there's only one. In hindsight, we should have just taken the stairs. Lastly, the hotel was on the pricey side, but it was comparable to the other well-ranked hotels in the area. The old adage is true that you get what you pay for.

Tip: To avoid the crowds (to some extent), try to plan your trip to avoid spring break, which is in March and differs by college.

We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

The Hotel was AMAZING! I rarely write reviews but after staying here I couldn't wait to get home and rave about this place. Stayed for a long weekend with my boyfriend and some friends and were completely blown away. As soon as we arrived we were greeted with awesome complementary drinks to kick off our weekend. Rooms were beautiful and we never had to wait for them to be cleaned. The rooftop pool and bar was insane!!!! In between the drinks and fast and tastyfood service we enjoyed going to the pool so much we never made it to the beach! The staff is truly one of a kind. They couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. I've never seen a hotel so eager to please their guests. They always had the answers to all of our questions and were able to recommend great restaurants/clubs/bars in the area to check out and they were always spot on. Traveling with 5 girls and 10 bags is not easy and it is not easy to find a cab in Sobe... our last day not only did two bellhops jump into the street to help us hail a cab but the manager in a suit and tie jumped right in the street next to them to insure we didn't miss our flight. This is the ONLY place to stay in Miami and we all cant wait to plan our next stay at THE Hotel!!!!!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Hotel of South Beach is incredible.

From the moment our taxi pulled up at the hotel to the final finale, my friends and I enjoyed incredible hospitality.

The staff could not do enough.
We have to give John, our concierge a massive 10/10. He singlehandedly ensured that our dinner reservations, entry to Wall and Story was not only cost effective but was an absolute VIP experience with limo, pre parties, tables at the clubs was all prearranged with little fuss.
His local knowledge, personality and desire to look after his guests makes him a candidate for the best concierge award.

The locality of the hotel to the beach, Ocean drive, restaurants, shopping makes this s fabulous location. The rooftop pool is to die for.

My friends and I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

the rooms are stunning. Beautiful decor. Clean. The mattress makes for a good sleep.
Cannot wait to hit Miami again soon.

Sophie and the 2 S's (London)

Room Tip: Get in touch with John and he will ensure you maximise your time and get the best out of your trip.
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Upon arrival I was greeted as I exited the cab and assist with my luggage from Danny. Entering the hotel I was then greeted warmly by Tony and Louis. The food at this hotel is delicious!! Also the location of this hotel is perfect! It's right by the beach and next to all of the restaurants on Ocean Drive. The staff is very informative, especially for first time comers, they can give you directions, tell you the about the night life, and just about anything else that you need you about South Beach you can definitely get it from here.

When I return to South Beach I would definitely stay here again. I would definitely recommend a friend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Hotel? Share your experiences!