“We were surprised!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Cancun, Mexico
“We were surprised!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed from 15th of March to the 18th of March 2014. It was only a short stay and for the purpose of seeing an NBA game and seeing south beach. Our expectations were low as our travel agent recommended something simple for this leg of our holiday.
We were met by some friendly staff, who were interested to hear about out travel plans etc. Daniel at the front desk was great for a chat, full of personality and efficient.
John the Concierge helped us to make our short stay into a memorable one. He recommended some great places to eat, tours, places to see and was always interested to hear what we were up to. Overall the staff were relaxed, efficient and personable. When I return to Miami I will be staying at The Hotel. Big shout out to John and Daniel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed in this hotel over Spring Break. The room was lovely, and the staff was pleasant and helpful. My one concern with the hotel was a disturbingly noisy HVAC system that provided an unrelenting mechanical noise to our hotel room. In addition, we were placed in an annex. You had to walk through a restaurant to enter the building. As others have noted, the hotel is in the heart of South Beach. This part of South Beach is always busy, but during Spring Break, it was crazy. Tons of people on the street milling about and drinking. It is a nice hotel, but for me the location makes it less than restful, especially if your room is in the second building. I wouldn't stay here unless you really enjoy being in the hub of things.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Wonderful location in the heart of South Beach, excellent concierge services, easily accessible to the beach itself (with lounge chairs provided by the hotel). We enjoyed the art deco touches, particularly after we became more knowledgeable after our Art Deco Walking tour! It is a lovely hotel and we would be happy to return.
Room was large, clean and quiet. While the hotel had a restaurant for breakfast and dinner, we opted to eat on Ocean Ave. for breakfast, and then walked to Espanola way for dinner.
Looking forward to returning next year.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I just stayed at this property from 3/17/14 to 3/18/14 and I have to say that when I booked online with Hotels.com i tough the property would be small, dirty, old hotel with rude employees. Wow, was I wrong... The property outside seemed clean and inviting. As soon I walked in to the front desk to check in a nice lady greeted us and right away she asked if I had bags and a car. And had a nice gentleman move my car somewhere safe and took care of my bags. At that moment I knew I was going to have a great stay. The property inside (lobby, elevators, hallways) seemed very nice & clean. The room was nice & clean. When I went to check out I received the same attention I received when I checked in. Wow, I have stayed in many properties and I have to say that this property will have me again & again.
They treated me like a king...

Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This medium-sized hotel in the heart of the Art Deco District and one block from Ocean Drive7 the beach is a great choice for a vacation. We didn't come for the beach but instead focused on all the great architecture, shops and food. The decor of the hotel is art deco, the rooms are good sized, there is pool on the roof and a wonderful outdoor patio for brunch, snacks and drinks. The quesadillas were best ever. The staff was very warm and efficient.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I recently stayed at The Hotel on a business trip and I was very happy with the experience. The location, right across the from the beach and in the middle of all of the shops and restaurants in the area, was great. The rooftop and pool was a great, quiet space with amazing views.

The hotel staff were fantastic - very helpful, friendly and responsive. I'm comfortable saying they are the nicest staff I've encountered at a hotel and I travel a fair amount for business and fun. Housekeeping was attentive and offered an evening turn-down service.

The hotel is a smaller, boutique hotel with two buildings. Originally the Tiffany hotel (the spire is on top), it has great Art Deco touches without feeling old or worn out - just comfortable. The main building hosting the restaurant, pool, lobby and most rooms. The other building is just around the corner above the News Stand with a few rooms. I saw a few rooms in the main building and they varied in size and layout, but they were all nicely decorated and clean. My room in the other building was large and bright with an amazing balcony that overlooked Ocean Ave. and the beach. It was loud at night, but worth using earplugs to have the balcony. I suspect the rooms in the main building were quieter.

I had a simple breakfast one morning at the hotel restaurant and, unlike so many hotels, it was good, freshly made and very reasonably priced. The outdoor seating area is great. Despite being right off the street, it is full of mature plants, lots of shade and seems much quieter. The food that the hotel provided during our business meetings was excellent. Our group had nothing but positive things to say about it and we tend to be picky. My only suggestion is to have a knowledgeable staff member available during meal times to answer questions about ingredients and preparation or have that information readily-available on the description cards. We had a few guests who were vegetarian or have other dietary issues and they weren't sure of everything they could eat and there wasn't someone available to assist.

Thanks for such a great experience!

Room Tip: If you're not in the main building, try to stay on the third floor (the highest) for less street...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was our 2nd stay and once again the Service, staff, facilities were wonderful, as is the location. Of all the hotels we have stayed in the world over this in its own way rates with the best we have stayed in.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the building facing Ocean Avenue, although the gym and pool are in the other build...