“Highly Recommended!” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking + 15% Off
Ranked #15 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding service, great location, definitely recommended! The rooms are clean and modern, Ocean Drive and the beach are less than half a block away, the rooftop pool looks out over the ocean and is equipped with a very cool bar. We would definitely stay here again!

Goldman P, Manager at The Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so very much for your words. It makes us glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us..

Please contact us directly for your next time. Either through me or through our Reservations Dept. reservations@goldmanproperties.com. South Beach and the staff at The Hotel are waiting for you!

Have an amazing week.

Nara Azevedo, Sales Manager - The Hotel of South Beach - naraa@goldmanproperties.com

914 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I just got back from my vacation in Miami. We stayed at The Hotel of South Beach. We had a great time and ALL the staff(thank you Esteban, Ricardo, and John) were fabulous! Everyone treated you like they were so happy to see you each time you came in; any request we had was taken care of quickly and efficiently. The roof top pool area was beautiful and the location in great. The Hotel is a stones throw from the action on Ocean and Washington Avenues without without being in the middle of it all.

We rented a room with double beds; there were three of us and I didn't feel crowded at all. The only VERY small drawbacks were the pools is not accessible 24hours and that there isn't a dresser per say, so for three women with all our primping products it was a little crowded putting our things on the desk that is in the room, but that's not something that I would ding them for. The room was clean, the beds were very comfortable and I LOVED the shower with the oversized shower head(rain maybe), I'm not sure what it is called, but I loved the color scheme that is used.

The ambiance of the hotel is what I would modern vintage, if that makes sense. You can tell that it is an older building, but I don't mean that in a bad way. I would say old Hollywood glamour meets south beach--very beautiful.

If you are wanting to do a Sobe vacation, book The Hotel. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Wood Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Overall had a very nice stay at this hotel. it was very clean and they offered us complimentary drinks which was lovely. The staff was very nice and helpful. Except sometimes it felt forced and were pushy about doing certain things. When we would ask for suggestions for dinner just because we wanted to walk around and decide, they would INSIST and make reservations when we said no were okay. It made us feel as if their getting kick backs or something from the restaurant. Also they were a little pushy about doing tours or certain things in miami. It made it feel uncomfortable when we would said no really we don't want to do that. Other than that the employees were very nice. Also the food was awesome! We had sandwiches by the pool that were amazing. And the alcoholic drinks were not overpriced which is always a plus when you're at a hotel.

MY BIGGEST CONCERN was that money was stolen from my room by the maid service. I had cash in a bag as an emergency stash which I never needed to go to. Then when checking out that cash was gone. When I told the front desk their reaction was well why didn't you use a safe? to me thats an awful response I am in a very expensive and well rated hotel I shouldn't feel I NEED to use a safe. Further it was not thousands of dollars where I would take the precaution. The managers of the hotel did come to speak to us and handled it professionally, which was much appreciated. HOWEVER they didn't offer us a single thing. When cash is stolen from your room I thought they should have taken care of our charges to the room, or even a complimentary dinner on them or a drink, or EVEN a deal like stay on us for free in the future or at a discount. i don't care what but they should've offered SOMETHING. Also the head of the maintenance just responded something like "OH NO WASN"T US NO NO NO", and in my head I'm thinking how do you know that? And why would I lie? So I was quite disappointed that I couldn't trust the staff and they did not try to do anything to compensate me for my loss.

I would recommend this hotel but it is VERY clean, the staff is nice, the food is good, but I would advise if you don't want to be pushed to make reservations or do certain things don't go to the concierge and ALWAYS USE THE SAFE.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had an awesome time from the arrival to the departure. Everyone caters to your needs from the front desk to house keeping and the people at the roof top where the pools at. I really would recommend to outsiders and friends. Be back soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel from 7th to 11th of August. On arrival we were greeted with iced water as we waited to check in. The concierge was wonderful.

It is located 1-2 minutes stroll from ocean drive. The rooftop pool is lovely and has the added bonus of vouchers for the hotels cocktail was a nice touch. There is also complementary loungers and towels on the beach for hotel guests.

The rooms are small but the beds are comfy and the shower room is very good.

They state that wifi is available everywhere on the premises but for us it never appeared available when in our room, only in the lobby or at the rooftop area.

All in all a nice hotel

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The staff at The Hotel have been so attentive and amazing with me and my mom. From the staff in the front including Alexa, Mila, John to the upstairs pool area to the housekeeping staff everyone is wonderful. Thanks for making our stay memorable and we will definitely be making this our new south beach mainstay. -Mrs. Rivera and Mrs. Gonzalez.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

From the minute we walked in, we felt at home. The staff was consistently friendly and interested in being sure that we had what we needed and happy to make recommendations (all of which were great except the bus tour which was just plain HOT... yeah, I know it's Florida.) They upgraded our room without our asking and that room was wonderful. Housekeeping came in twice a day (the second to be sure we had dry towels).
While expensive, be sure to eat at Grazie and if you are looking for something to do with kids or just want a really entertaining adventure, go to Hector's for a jet-ski adventure. Hector himself is worth the cost.
Many thanks to the staff. We'll be back.

Room Tip: While the room we had was on the Collins Avenue side, and thus subject to late night partiers, it wa...