“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #9 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great location: close to shops, beach, restaurants. We've stayed at the atelier suite. We didn' have the best view, but the room is very spacious and quiet, even being close to the bars. Lovely decoration!!!! And the most important: clean!!! A friend of mine stayed in another hotel, and he regret it....

Room Tip: We've stayed at the atelier suite. The entrance is at the Ocean Drive, not at Collins Av., but t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Goldman P, Manager at The Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate it!
Our new building on Ocean Drive was also decorated by Todd Oldham, the Fashion Designer that did the main building as well. He decided to use colors that would bring the heat of the sun on our Ocean Front and Atelier rooms. They are indeed beautiful and spacious.
Please let us know of your next visit to South Beach. We would love to see you again!

Nara Azevedo. Sales Mgr of The Hotel of South Beach. naraa@goldmanproperties.com

827 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I spent 5 nights at The Hotel with my mom. It is a friendly hotel with a warm atmosphere.

Reception staff: We felt welcome from the moment we arrived because the guy who checked us in talked to us, like whether it was our first time in Miami, and he made sure we got the room we wanted. He even showed us the room we had booked and one caregory higher because we had requested a king size bed. So already at check-in, we were treated as valued guests. No one at The Hotel just did their job, but always a bit more.

Concierge: In my job as a flight attendant I have seen many 4- and 5-star hotels around the world, and this Concierge called John was one of my favorite because he really knows it all.

Housekeeping: once the hotel ran out of small towels, so the housekeeper came by again in the evening with the missing towels and cleaned the whole bathroom again.

Check-out: we appreciated being served two complimentary glasses of water with ice and lemon while waiting for a taxi to the airport.

Self-parking: not a hassle at all. No need for valet.

I would maybe stay at this hotel again. I loved the colors of the rooms, the beds and the staff. But it is quite far from Lincoln Road. And because there are so many beautiful hotels in Miami Beach, I think I want to try out some of the others as well.

• Stayed July 2013
Goldman P, Manager at The Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your very detailed and nice review!! We really appreciate it.
We are very glad you had such a nice stay. Our team will love to see you again.
Whenever you decide to come back, please let us know. Contact us through our reservations dept or directly through me. We will be delighted to continue extending our service to such special guests.

Have an amazing day, for you and your mom.

Nara Azevedo, Sales Manager at The Hotel of South Beach - naraa@goldmanproperties.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel surpassed my expectations. They have an amazingly courteous staff.
The staff goes above and beyond to make sure guests are happy. The pool bartenders, especially Lares and Miro, provided exceptional service and delicious frozen drinks. Dirty Bananas!!! The Sunday night bartender at Wish, the hotel bar, had a wonderful sense of humor. We only meant to grab a cocktail there but ended up spending the evening there instead. Wonderful! David, Daniel, Christian and the others in the lobby and at the door gave excellent customer service and recommended wonderful places during our South Beach stay. They even set us up with great cabana massages for four at the rooftop pool for our Bachelorette Party.
Honestly, I'm a beach person but spent almost every day at the pool because of the staff there.
The rooms were clean and spacious. The location was ideal, one block from the beach. And the food at the hotel was delicious. All in all, I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely visit again.
They made my stay worth every penny!

• Stayed July 2013
Stockholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at The Hotel for two nights, in a Designer Room. The room was nice and cleane and the staff friendly. The concierge, John Durham, was most helpful with suggestions on what do see and do, where to eat and shop. Big thumbs up! Would we stay here again? Sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at The Hotel in Miami Beach for two nights and had a wonderful time. We reserved a standard grade room. It was a comfortable size with a king size bed, a desk, a dresser, and nice roller cabinet with flat screen on top and glassware and stocked beverage refrigerator. The bathroom was updated and the shower was great.
The pool area was wonderful, comfortable, and quiet, with a full bar. Lounge chairs are set up around the pool with covers and towels. One evening they had a bar-b-q by the pool. A very nice set up.
THE best part of the stay was the people who worked at The Hotel. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The folks that work around the front desk, the concierge, and bellmen were so gracious. Every time you exited the elevator or arrived back at the hotel they wanted to help with suggestions. If you need help with restaurants, shopping, or anything else, they will make excellent recommendations. Trust them! And when you get back they will ask you if you enjoyed yourself and hat did you order. Almost like family.
The charge for valet parking is $28 per day, kind of the going rate in SOBE. They also have a loyalty program you can sign up to after you have stayed with them once. It will provide you with upgraded rooms at no cost. If we are headed back to SOBE we will happily stay at The Hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I reside in Fort Lauderdale but stayed one night at The Hotel, formerly The Tiffany, to spend time with friends from out of town who were also staying there. I was immediately impressed at check-in by the warm welcome from the staff and the follow-up phone call I received from the front desk about 30 minutes later to see if there was anything I needed.

I'm happy to report that my overall impression is very positive. My room was spacious, clean and stylishly decorated. The cushioned bench underneath the window was a nice touch. The rooftop pool area is beautiful and I loved the retro ambience that permeates throughout The Hotel thanks to designer Todd Oldham. The Hotel is in a great location just around the corner from The News Cafe, Ocean Drive and the beach. A special added bonus is that the nightly rate includes a lounge chair on the beach which is about an $18 savings.

Parking in SoBe can be very pricey but I managed to find a reasonable overnight rate of only $20 just one block away at the 7th St. public garage. The Hotel offers valet parking ($28/nt) for those who have more than an overnight bag and/or wish to come and go frequently.

A few slight negatives (and the reason I'm not giving The Hotel a 5 star rating) were that the hallways were very darkly lit in an eerie kind of way, both the Spire Bar and Wish Restaurant were closed and the window in my room had an opaque film on it which prevented any view to the outside (probably to conceal a poor view). I suspect that if I'd spoken up about the lack of view, the staff would have been happy to accommodate me in another room but I didn't feel it was worth mentioning since I was only staying one night and wouldn't be spending much time there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Siler City, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We loved our stay at South Beach; The Hotel was excellent. The room was clean, great service, the parking attendant met us out on the street to unload and park the car, loved the bathroom, free WiFi, great location and the rooftop pool and bar were awesome.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hotel? Share your experiences!