“Wonderful staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Richmond, Virginia
“Wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I go to South Beach every year and we always stay in the same two block area and have tried several of the boutique hotels, but after staying at The Hotel we've decided we're never staying anywhere else. They have by far the friendliest staff, the hotel lobby is bright and clean, the patio dining area is beautiful and the rooftop pool is fantastic! Room was spacious and even the bathroom was good sized for SoBe! We much prefer being on Collins, avoiding all the restaurant hawkers on Ocean. We had a great experience, can't wait to go back next year!

892 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and i stayed here for 5 nights from june 10th, it is a small boutique hotel, the staff are all very nice and attentative. If you need something just ask. Its split in two and situated on 8th and collins but some rooms are overlooking ocean drive. We stayed on ocean drive with our balcony overlooking the beach and street shops. It can be a bit noisy around 5 am when the clubs are closing but the sun comes up so early it didnt bother us. The rooms are small but your not in it that much anyway being on south beach your always outside doing things. Beds were amazing, cant fault the rooms. Very secure someone on the desk 24 hrs. For a top class meal try a Fish called Avalon on ocean drive 700.

Room Tip: Ocean front our favorite level 3
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We visited this hotel in May stayed for 6 nights. Location is perfect for Ocean Drive, room really nice and service was fantastic. Pool is on the roof with great view onto the beach, there is also a pool bar. The staff were all really nice and always very helpful especially Neil the hotel manager who made our stay really enjoyable.

Would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend. So glad I picked this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Hotel for 2 nights. This is our favorite hotel in South Beach. The location is unbelievable, our room was amazing, the shower had great water pressure, and our bed was so comfortable. The staff is amazing and treated us as if we were their only guests. Thank you, John for the terrific dinner recommendations! The roof top pool and view cannot be beat!! I could stay there all day. However, your reservation comes with complementary beach towels and chairs!! I cannot wait until we are back.

Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at The Hotel for 2 nights. We enjoyed the location, it's in the midst of where it all happens in Miami, just a 2 minute walk to the beach and Ocean Drive with it's bars/restaurants/clubs. The hotel staff is very attentive and always try to help. The swimmingpool on the roof is nice, although it's not that big. It does look out over the ocean, which is always good. Unfortunately, the rooftop lounge was closed for the season, so I cannot comment on that. The drinks at the pool however were tasteful.
The only downside for me was the room. It's small (as most South Beach hotel rooms are), but it was stuffed with (ugly) furniture which made it quite hard for us to get around. The bed is also very high and me as a pregnant woman had a hard time getting on and off the bed. The bathroom is small, but nice.
Would I stay here again? I think not, simply because I don't think the price matches the quality. I've stayed in the Townhouse Hotel in South Beach a couple of years ago and I liked that one better, although I did miss a swimming pool there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Place is absolutely fabulous, great service, the boys at the desk and the vallet, the most helpful, professional wonderful bunch. Treated us like celebrity's, fantastic location, (stayed on the ocean dr side) rooftop pool is insanely gorgeous, the view, ridiculous!!! The room, OMFG! The bed, so comfortable, the shower, sexiest shower I've been in. And that mini bar, stocked to the gills! Stay here, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2013
chicopee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Well, let me start off by stating that when we arrived to south beach we did not have reservation for a hotel my husband just happen to walk in to the hotel and spoke to Daniel who was excellent he was very attentive an professional. First we booked for three days, then stayed for three more days. Our experience was great! Room was clean everyday let me add that the bar in the pool needs more of a selection but I am sure they are working on this. Our stay was made so special because of the attention of Daniel, Esteban, John, Neil and Douglas these guys are just wonderful. We felt very safe the staff were always making sure of that. We would highly recommend the Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hotel? Share your experiences!