“absolutely LOVED this place!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #10 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“absolutely LOVED this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I came to South Beach to celebrate my birthday with my best friend; we stayed in a Couture room, which indeed had a king sized bed. It was clean, modern, and i LOVED the mirrors everywhere (two girls CAN fight over a mirror). The location was great too, since it's not right ON Ocean Drive (so the noise from the strip wasn't an issue) but you're close enough to feel as though you're there.
The staff was absolutely wonderful, friendly and helpful. The bellhops, who also worked concierge, were super attentive, helping me pick the best spots to celebrate my big day (whether it was the best spot on the beach to get a tan, the best place to get food, to party, etc.).
Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because my room faced the alley and the garbage truck woke me up at 7 am (after partying all night, NOT ideal) on a Saturday morning. Also, I was charged for using the mini-bar, which I didn't. However, they were very gracious about this and quickly took the charge off my card.
I was able to see what people have said about the paper thin walls, but I only heard other guests during the day; they never woke me up in the middle of the night, so it wasn't an issue for me at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Goldman P, CRM Specialist at The Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear xinbermz,

Thank you for your very kind review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and had such great service from our staff.
The mirrors are a great touch to the design of the rooms and definitely useful for the ladies!
We would like to wish you another happy birthday and hope that we get to host you again soon!

Warm wishes,

830 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Davenport, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Staff very friendly and helpful. Pay for location, right in the middle of South Beach, can walk to everything. However, bath is size of airplane restroom. Only stayed 2 nights and could not have lasted longer due to room/bath size.

• Stayed April 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

its been a few years,but.. i really like the hotel..loved my room and the location,,the pool and bar was right..the problem was the front desk and co workers..after the death of my parents i need to get away.....nice flight,,,no problem getting there..but when i arrived at the front desk,, well the hustle begain..they were selling a extra package to help you see the area..no buy,, no help to set anything. ..whats going on around town,,good luck,,no help here..i managed to see alote..as i said loved the pool, the gym, the area,,the beach my room,, the amazing large bathroom.. i would go again, but,, there has to be away to help the front desk and conceierge work with the people better..i say go, stay,,but do your home work on what to to do..who knew there was a everglade trip. i was there for 7 days..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed for three nights in Oct 2012 whilst enroute from Orlando to Key West. The Hotel is very nice. Great design - well decorated and comfortable rooms. Unfortunately when we first went up to our room, the window had been left open and heavy rain meant the carpet and desk was soaked - the guys downstairs soon had us moved to another room though and were very apologetic.

The reception staff, concierge and waiters were all attentive and welcoming.

Breakfast every morning was excellent. Decent coffee too.

The location is great for the shops, bars and beaches of South Beach. The Ocean Drive strip itself isn't really my thing (waiting staff trying too hard to get you into their bar) but some of the hotel bars at the north end of the strip are great.

Would stay again if was going to Miami.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SophiaGomez, CRM Specialist at The Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Moods_Notts,

Thank you for the feedback of your stay at The Hotel of South Beach this past October. I apologize about the carpet and desk having been rained on due to the window having been left open, but glad that the problem was able to be resolved within moments. I assure you that our housekeeping staff will be notified of this mistake so that it does not happen again in the future.

We are happy that you were able to receive the attention and service expected from our staff for the remainder of your stay and that you were able to enjoy the hotel facilities and South Beach.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future to our hotel and building new memories with you!

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Very cool hotel. Swimming pool, parking, beach chairs, plenty of towels everywhere... great location. Shops, restaurants, all walking distance. The famous News cafe is right underneath it.
I have to say that Daniel one of the Bell Boys should be managing the place, he is the nicest and smartest at The Hotel. We had a very nice stay. Thank you!

Room Tip: For a higher rate ask to get the newer building right in Ocean Drive. Rooms are huge, bathrooms are...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Goldman P, CRM Specialist at The Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Andres A,

Thank you for your very sweet review of our hotel. You definitely summed up a wonderful description of our amenities and everything in our area with just a few words. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and also the generous commentary about Daniel. He is a huge asset to our team and we are very lucky to have him!

We look forward to having you visit us again in the future and wish you a happy Spring season!

Lynn, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I ended our honeymoon in Florida at The Hotel in Miami Beach for two nights.

The good: The staff here was exceptional - the front desk staff and especially the concierge was very attentive. John at the concierge desk set up an Everglades Airboat Ride/Alligator Park Tour minutes after we arrived. The service was wonderful. Also, while we never went in the pool, we did go up to have a look and it was beautiful. Definitely a great feature.

The bad: What was NOT wonderful was the cleanliness of the room. It was below average. I found a hairball under a little stool in the room. It was gross, but I didn't let it ruin my stay. The other thing I was disappointed in were the windows in our room. They were covered over with material that fogged them for privacy, but it made the room feel a little claustrophobic. They did open - but only 4 inches. We left them closed. I would have preferred being able to look out the windows and just having some curtains to draw for privacy - even if I'd only be looking at the alley way. Finally, the bathroom didn't feel very clean to me. I think it had a lot to do with the decor being darker colors. There was also some moldy spots on the caulking in the bathroom, not a huge deal but worth mentioning. Of the several little mini-bar/snack items left for us (if we wanted to purchase them for a fee) our gum/breath mints pack had been opened and some of the gum and breath mints were missing. I just feel like the housecleaning crew should have noticed this. We mentioned it to the front desk staff so we wouldn't be charged for it and I confirmed later that we weren't. They took care of it.

My last issue with this hotel is the thin floors. While I didn't hear any of my next door neighbors, I was woken up both nights by my upstairs neighbors walking around their room. The first night, this was quite startling, but the second night it was slightly less bothersome.

In any case, the hotel is in a perfect location (and if you stay, definitely get a croissant at Pinocchio's on 8th for breakfast), but I doubt I'll be back to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try to stay on an upper floor to avoid hearing upstairs neighbors walking around in their rooms day...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week and was pleasantly surprised after reading some mixed reviews. The location is fantastic for shops, restaurants and of course the beach. The hotel has a great rooftop area (although smallish it is perfectly formed) and they supply you with fresh pool/beach towels. We were given a room upgrade that claimed to have a 'king size' bed but this did not really seem the case. The hotel is clean and comfortable, with kooky Art Deco features in the bathroom. I couldn't fault the friendly staff who gave lots of good restaurant/trip/car hire advice.

There are lots of amazing hotels in South Beach but if you want good value and a good location I would definitely recommend this one.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to The Hotel? Share your experiences!