“Total Relaxation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Delray Beach, Florida, USA
“Total Relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Our 1 night stay was a complete surprise! It was my birthday and boy was it fabulous! The art is wonderful to look at and ponder... Out room was upgraded to an ocean view and it was just breathtaking! The suite was very clean and the bed was so comfortable. Loved waking up early to enjoy the sunrise from our balcony. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
LWanderlust1010,

Thanks for your terrific 5 star review of Sagamore. We are delighted that we were able to provide you with such a fantastic birthday experience.

We are happy that our staff was able to provide you an upgrade as there truly is no better way to take in the views of South Beach than in an oceanfront room here at Sagamore.

We hope you will continue to choose Sagamore when returning to Miami. See you next time!

James D'agostino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

First of all Miami Beach is not Vegas and you cannot compare a 4 star in Vegas to a 4 star in Maimi. My family stayed at the Sagamore for 8 days and like a fine wine, boy did it grow on us.
The first thing is the staff that makes the whole stay worth it. Micky tends the outside bar/cafe and Mickey went out of his way to make our stay special. He knew what my kids were eating and drinking along with me and my wife and handled us with kitten gloves. Micky made my kids feel special. Greg and Vito who are also pool side, draged my wife's lounge chair for her allover the deck for the 8 days just to catch the sun at the right time at the same time tossed the beach ball back into the pool every time my kids managed to pop it out. Tatsiana at the front desk was above and beyond helpful. I am sorry that I did not write down each and everyone's name to mention them. The Sagamore is small and has the abilty to treat you right. The location is by far the best in South beach. If you just want to hang at the beach, swim in a very private pool, take a walk/run,... on the board walk and dine at fantastic resturants don't rent a car. We will be back soon to spend time with Micky and the Gang-The Williams Family

Room Tip: Room 601 has a great view and is sooooo private, but rember Miami is not Vegas!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Vincent3430,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback from your 8 night visit here with us. We are glad to hear that our staff helped make your stay that much more special. They truly do understand the importance of customer service and are always focused on the small details that may go overlooked at some other properties.

We will make sure to share your kind words with MIcky and the rest of the gang here and we look forward to hosting you and your family here again for another memorable vacation.

Thanks again for choosing Sagamore!

Deal, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Where do I even begin...
Sagamore has a charm that you could only dream of when wanting the perfect Miami experience. This place as a whole is absolutely exceptional! I loved the art deco feel, not to mention the indubitably upscale atmosphere. Rooms are well furnished and well maintained. The bed sheets are definitely 1200 thread count.
The service was superb: attentive, efficient, extra courteous. Several staff went ABOVE AND BEYOND to ensure our stay was optimal. More specifically, Jose and the ever-so flawless, angelic Tatsiana were extremely helpful. Both are professional and take much pride in what their job entails. If you are one with impeccable taste and expect nothing but the best, you will not think twice before choosing the Sagamore!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sarahsouvi,

Thanks for your terrific 5 star review of Sagamore. We are very happy to know that your stay here was such a memorable one.

Our entire staff from the front of the house all the way to the people behind the scenes make it their daily duty to make sure that all of our guests leave with an experience such as yours. No request is pushed aside and no details too minute for our entire team and judging by your feedback it seems that this was especially apparent in your stay here.

We thank you again for choosing Sagamore and look forward to your return visit for another great experience.

San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel is really well located (close to Ocean Drive, Lincoln and hotels with good night life) and has a nice access to the beach. The catch is that the rooms are extremely different and the price has nothing to do with it.
We ended up in a really small room, with view to another building (a few yards away) and trash cans (see pictures). Not only the room was outdated (very old TV with bad quality image), but also it had a kitchen (not sure why ... it had zero utensils in case I wanted to use it) and the fixtures in the bathroom were also very outdated. At the end of the day we couldn't open the courtains at all and in case we would have opened them, we would have seen a gym right in front of us and trash below us.
The service is very cordial, but there is no nightlife / vibe in the hotel. There are many, many better options for the price in South Beach.

Room Tip: Make sure you get pictures of the view from the room and the actual room before booking. The explan...
RASS_1971,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent visit here at Sagamore. We are sorry to hear that you had a less the stellar experience here at Sagamore. We are sorry that the room did not meet your expectations as we never like for our guests to leave with a negative experience such as yours.

We do have several different room types here at Sagamore which do differ in price and provide several different options in regards to view. Our Sagamore suites are some of the largest rooms in the area, however offer only a standard view. Our reservations team always does try to explain the different options during the bookng process as we always want our guests to be aware of the specific room they booked prior to their arrival.

I would like to the opportunity to discuss your stay with you so that we can help avoid problems such as yours in the future. Please feel free to contact me via telephone or email as I have provided my information below for your convenience. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you and I thank you again for choosing Sagamore.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The room was much larger than I expected, it felt like a one bedroom apartment. It had a sink, fridge and microwave.

The location was great! Around the corner from a great little place serving Cuban coffee. I stopped by multiple times it was called Munchies. Just across the street there is a liquor store and you can get a commuter bike just around the corner. Entrance to the beach is just past the pool.

The best part was the staff, everyone was very nice. Gregory at the pool was so much fun and Mickey, our server was coming by regularly to check on us.

David B,

Thanks for taking a moment to share your 5 star review of Sagamore. We are glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations on your last visit here with us.

It is obvious you took advantage of our central location as we do have many places in the area that are very convenient for not only shopping and dining but other unique amenites such as bicycle rentals and even Segway/scooter rentals.

We will be sure to share your praise with our entire staff and we hope to see you soon here again at Sagamore!

Evanston, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I needed a long getaway from the cold and child! We had not stayed at this hotel before, and were hopeful that we would not be disappointed. Mind you, I have stayed at the W Hotel, Delano, Marriott and Clinton before. We were not! We had a great ocean front suite with a full front view of the pool, beach and ocean. The hotel was spotless the entire time we were there. Great art deco hotel with the all white thing going on. What was more impressing than the hotel itself and the rooms was the service! From the time we checked in and this jerk tried to cut in front of my wife in line, the front desk attendant, Edgar, kindly corrected the person and invited us to step up. Rarely did we even have to open a door. We had an issue in our bathroom where a pipe broke above our room, which leaked into the bathroom, which was very minor. We called to inform the hotel, to which they were very apologetic and sent us a bottle of Moet Champagne for our troubles! One of the hotel managers James, called me the next day after we returned to our room to inform us of the nature of the problem, how they were fixing it and if we needed anything else. Like that, the leak was fixed at no inconvenience to us. Furthermore, I want to shout out Greg at the pool, who made us feel welcome and got us situated with a cabana and towels and explained how everything works and arranged for the waiter to come get our order. They both make one of the best Long Islands that I have had, and even gave wifey overflowing pina coladas. The $17 resort fee is well worth having a guaranteed spot at the pool or beach with towels, umbrellas and wifi at the hotel. I feel bad that I can't remember the guy that sets up the umbrellas- but I know he is from Argentina. Very nice guy, and adjusted our umbrella whenever the sun moved if needed. I want to also shout out Mickey at the pool bar, and Zoran who handles the beach- both of which made the bomb drinks and always checked to make sure that we were happy. In fact, they both make one of the best Long Islands that I have had, and even gave wifey overflowing pina coladas. I also give props to Dwight at the front desk for excellent service at check out. We would definitely return, as you really can't beat the location- 7 minute walk to ocean drive bars/ restaurants, 7 minute walk to Lincoln Road restaurants and shops, less than 10 minute walk to bars, clubs on Washington. Great job Sagamore!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Klewb27,

Thanks for sharing your terrific feedback after your recent stay here with us. We are thrilled to hear such tremendous praise of our entire staff as it is obvious that the entire team here went above and beyond to ensure your stay here was perfect and memorable.

We are pleased that we were able to quickly fix the situation regarding the leak, as sometimes issues like this are unavoidable however we always do our best to make sure there is little impact on the guest in an event such as this. I will make sure that I share your great feedback with our team here as it is a true testament to the hard work they put in when a guest leaves with an impression such as yours.

We hope that you will continue to choose Sagamore when traveling to South Beach and we look forward to welcoming you back here.

Best regards,
New york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Second time our family stayed here in the past year... Amazing service.. Great location .. Friendly and professional staff!! The bartender Mikey by the pool provides amazing service and drinks.. Gregory found the perfect spot for our family to sit everyday by the pool .. Jose the bellhop was extremely helpful !! My family and I cannot wait to go back!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Danielle G,

Thanks for your 5 star review of Sagamore. We are pleased that you enjoyed your second stay here with us. We are glad that our staff was able to leave you with such a lasting impression as they truly can be the difference between having a good stay, or an unforgettable stay.

We are pleased that you plan on returning to Sagamore again and we look forward to welcoming you back with us. Thanks again for choosing Sagamore!

James D'Agostino

Been to Sagamore? Share your experiences!