“Really nice hotel in a great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Suite Life
Ranked #13 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Dublin, Ireland
“Really nice hotel in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We recently started out honeymoon in the Sagamore hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

The hotel was in a wonderful location. Access to South Beach couldn't be simpler. Walk past the lovely pool, open the gate with electronic lock and there you are. The main party zone of Ocean Drive is also within easy reach. For the lazy ones among you it is a 2 minutes taxi drive. For those of you that would like to take a stroll it is a maximum of 10 minutes walk away.

The hotel is also about a 10 minute stroll from the Lincoln Mall which has a huge array of lovely shops which you can easily spend a morning or an afternoon browsing for the best of clothes and accessories.

The breakfast was a lovely mix of hot food and pastries and there was plenty of juices, coffee and tea available to give you all the energy you need for a day of exploring Miami.

The rooms were of a very high standard. We stayed in a suite and the room was really nice. We had a lovely big bed and a seperate living area to relax. There were only 2 small issues we had with the room and that was the requirement to pay for wifi and the view from the room was over the air conditioning units of the adjoining building. None of these 2 things were a major issue but they would have made the experieince a 5 star experieince had they been different.

Overall I would highly recommend a stay in the Sagamore Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Murpmich,

We greatly appreciate your feedback after your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your time in South Beach as well as your time here at Sagamore. Our location makes it very convenient to take advantage of the many shops and restaurants nearby and the beachwalk along our beachfront is definitely a great place to take a nice long stroll in the morning.

I apologize if you did not like the view from your suite as we do offer a few different room categories some of which provide a lot more preferable ocean or garden views. I suggest on your next visit you inquire about one of these room types to help provide for an even more enjoyable stay.

We thank you for choosing Sagamore and look forward to your next visit with us.

1,120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Waterford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I love Miami especially South Beach, I took my wife and parents for a 3 day weekend and I got a great deal to stay at the Sagamore Hotel. I did the usual reviews and looked at websites etc before booking.

The location of this hotel is awesome, you are a 10 minute walk from Ocean Drive, Lincoln street and Lincoln Street Mall is 2 minutes away, you are in the heart of all the action, no need for taxi services which saves a lot of $$. The area is very safe, but can be very noisy as Miami never sleeps. There is Walgreens one block down for the small essentials that you may have missed or need when you are away.

Lets me get on to the hotel itself. Our opinion on the hotel was very good, especially for the amount of money it cost to stay there. Like a lot of Miami hotels it needs updating, for some reason all these art deco hotels are stuck in the past and refuse to spend money on improving things.

I will start with the bad and go onto the good, the bad areas to look out for are clean rooms, bed sheets etc, we found a pillow on the bed covered in someone else's bodily fluid, pretty disgusting but the hotel was very sorry and offered breakfast which would normally cost $80 so that was nice and they changed all the sheets.

The other bad for the hotel is the price to have a good time, everything is mega expensive especially if you are drinking around the pool area, I know this is Miami and it cost's what it cost's but come on lets get in real time here and look after the guest's that stay at your hotel.

2 beers that you can buy in any store for $2 cost $22 with tip which you have to pay as it is included on every tab, look out for this if you have not been to Miami before! I do not see why hotels need to make this kind of mark up!

If you are looking to party at this hotel it is not for you, apparently before the new ownership this was the place to stay, now it is full of kids and no party atmosphere at all, there is a happy hour at the pool bar in the evening time, you are lucky to hear any music or see anyone at the bar, pretty sad to see as the hotel has amazing staff and great in door and outdoor bar areas, the bar inside the hotel never opens which sucks.

The pool bar staff and towel service staff are excellent and very helpful, the reception staff are great and very helpful, breakfast staff are fantastic and very friendly. Altogether the staff keep this hotel alive right now.

Overall we had a great time at the Sagamore and in Miami, would I stay here again, yes, would I prefer to find something different with a bit more fun, yes! I certainly recommend this hotel as long as you get it for a good price, you will be disappointed if you pay too much to stay here.

Hopefully this review is helpful, I don't want to put this hotel down as it is has a great location and great service, I just want you to be aware of what you get, not very clean and a little out of date.

Pay the right price to stay there and you will be very happy indeed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Paul W,

Thanks for your review of Sagamore. We appreciate your feedback on the hotel and have definitely made notes of the areas in which you had issues. I would like to apologize for the cleanliness issue which you had with your room as it is certainly not a normal occurrence here at Sagamore as our housekeeping department pays great attention to detail to ensure that our rooms are perfect before being released.

I would like the opportunity to discuss the other issues you had in detail as we want to make sure that we are correcting these issues properly. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience to discuss. I have provided my information below for your convenience.

I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you and we thank you again for choosing Sagamore.

Best,

James@sagamorehotel.com
305.728.3224
Acworth, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I went to the Sagamore with three girlfriends to celebrate the big 4-0 at the recommendation of a family friend who is very into art. The art and decor did not disappoint and the service was fantastic. I was disappointed we had to pay extra for wi-fi but the cost of drinks and food were quite reasonable for the area and our bartender, Mickey, was awesome! We spent most of our time by the pool or on the beach, so the location was perfect! We already plan to come back again next year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Erica B,

Thanks for sharing your terrific review of Sagamore. We are pleased that you enjoyed your birthday weekend here with us. Our pool and beach area is beloved by many and definetly the perfect way to spend the day.

I will be sure to pass along your great praise to Mickey as well as the rest of the staff here at Sagamore. We look forward to your stay here with us next year. Thanks for choosing Sagamore!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here with my husband for a romantic weekend and was under-whelmed by this hotel. The staff was nice but th hotel itself needs some updating. All the lounge chairs were filthy & the furniture inside is dated. At 4:30 on a Friday we couldn't get any clean pool towels, they said they were all dirty, unacceptable.

Beware of hidden charges. $40 a day for parking & then you have to pay for beach chairs & wifi!

No restaurants in the hotel beside pool side bar and completely stagnant night time action. The pool is do small we never even went in. No hot tub either. The pictures are very deceiving if the entire hotel. Our " standard" view was of a dirty alley way that was so noisy at night. Needless to say we won't be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2013
Fspilabottle,

We appreciate your feedback after your recent stay with us. We apologize if we fell short of your expectations as it is always our intention to “WOW” our guests.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay with you as it is obvious you left with a less than stellar impression of our property. Please contact me at your convenience via phone or email. We thank you for choosing Sagamore and I look forward to speaking with you.

James@sagamorehotel.com
305.728.3224
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Our stayed started off a little rocky. We showed up and told us that they were oversold for the night and that they had to send us to another hotel down the road for the first night and that we could come back for our second night. I was not very happy about this, but they told us they would be comping one night, covering our valet charges, complimentary breakfast and that they would be upgrading our room to a large suite. Although it was inconvienent to have to move hotels, the staff at the Sagamore did their best to make up from it. The other hotel was nice enough although the room they put us in was TINY. When we arrived back at the Sagamore they had our bungalow suite ready for us when we arrived. They sent a bottle of wine up to the room for us and the general manager, Kevin, called up to make sure we were satisfied with everything. Although the stay started off not so great, they definitely made up for it. Mistakes happen, but how you recover from it is what matters and the Sagamore did just that and we will be returning! The bungalow suite we stayed in was a 2 story with double balconies, very spacious. We spent the day at their beach and our server, Johnny was the best and took great care of us all day! Also, the location of the hotel is ideal on Collins close to everything!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephy1110,

Thanks for taking a moment to share your review of Sagamore. We apologize for the initial inconvenience but we are thrilled that our staff was able to reconcile this properly and provide you with such a wonderful experience here.

Our staff is at its best when it needs to react to situations and it is pretty clear that they went the extra mile for you to make sure your vacation went smoothly after the mishap on your arrival. I will be sure to pass along your great remarks to our entire staff.

We thank you again for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back here!

Fortaleza, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were upgraded to a spectacular 2 story bungalo next to the bar. Hotel is very crisp with great artwork and nice Aveda toiletries. I Had the best cheeseburger at 4 AM. Who knew the kitchen would be open so late with such delicious items. WoW! And Linford was the best host, helping us with all out needs as soon as we stepped into the interesting lobby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Nicholette420,

Thanks for your review of Sagamore. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It seems our 24 hour room service was just what you were looking for as it can definitely be convenient after a night out on South Beach.

I will be sure to pass along your great Praise to Linford as well as the rest of our team here. We thanks you for choosing Sagamore and hope you will continue to stay with us when returning to Miami.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife, 16 year old daughter and I flew from Toronto to Miami for 2 weeks in July 2013. We stayed one night at the Sagamore and were blown away. All was perfect. We then rented a Mustang convertible and drove down to Key West (worth the trip, but the hotels were average and no where near the value, but hey...it's Key West). I could not wait to get back to "my type" of vacation at the Sagamore...you can trust the great reviews about the staff and uniqueness.
On my second visit, the room I was checked in to was a bit 'tired", the compressor of the fridge was quite noisy and the a/c air distribution was not balanced between rooms. Tatsiana took care of us and moved us in to room 311...that was fantastic and we stayed 3 more nights. Highest marks for Tatsiana the Concierge, Jose at the front door, Anna at the poolside and Mickey at the bar. They are the real reason I will return (besides the art:)...say hi to them from Angelo in Toronto!

Room Tip: Room 311 was great for us ...pull out couch for our teen and close to the elevator to the pool and b...