“Location is bang on. But, and a bit but, this place is a bit passed it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sagamore

You added Sagamore to your Saves list
Sagamore
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1671 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #57 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Location is bang on. But, and a bit but, this place is a bit passed it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Cool room but overlooking a building site and woken up at 8 am with very noisey and crude builders. Staff are quite frienfly but nothing special. It's a good enough hotel but missing something. Unless you get a very good deal it's probably overpriced.

Bottom line - ok but pricey

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed as a family of three for 3 nights in September. The rooms are very nice....Lovely and clean too. The kitchenette is very handy and products are good.Very attractive hotel and good value too. Very handy for walking in to SB also.
The only creative criticisms I/we have: The music is a bit too loud by the pool and when we were there....it took a while to have our things cleared away.
The pizzas need a little more flavor!
The 'White lights' on the balcony are not very nice....I am sure a low watt bulb would be better...the curtains do not quite close...so we had constant light coming in.
These are minor but thought it was good to note these details!
Overall though a very nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Domenge3,

Thanks for sharing your review after your recent stay here with your family. We are very happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us.

I have made note of your several suggestions in regards to the room and it is certainly something that we will take a look at. We always let our guests know to make us aware of any issues they have while here so we can try to correct them on the spot.

We thank you again for your feedback and hope that you will be returning to stay here with us again soon!

boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Well I honestly didn't know what to expect at first, I chose the "Sag" primarily because of its legendary reputation, unbeatable price, and location of course. My first impression was that it certainly wasn't the largest hotel, but it had charm, and so did the staff!! Let me say that the service was first class all the way!!! From the moment I entered this place I could feel the positive energy from the lovely girl Dailin at the front desk. The barage of bellboys was orchestrated by a professional named Linford, these gentleman handled my luggage as if it were their own. The Man who appeared to be in charge, James, made me feel like I was the president of the United States!! He accomodated every request my wife and son could possibly think of, he even gave my son a piggyback ride to the room! Danny the beach attendant was also quite accomodating, he helped my lovely wife with her tanning lotion while I enjoyed the warm torquoize water that South Beach had to offer. I could go on for hours about our stay at this exquisite luxury hotel, but to sum up the experience, The Sagamore is truely the jewel of southern Florida.

Room Tip: Ask for james!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Amin n

Thanks for sharing your terrific review of Sagamore. We are thrilled to hear that our staff made such an impact on your families stay here with us.

We always consider our staff to be the backbone of this property and it is the one aspect that can set us apart from similar properties. It is obvious that our entire team went above and beyond to provide you with quite the memorable stay and we hope that you will now choose Sagamore each and every time you decide to travel to Miami.

We thank you again for choosing Sagamore and look forward to your next stay with us!

Clackamas, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I won this hotel from the Today Show. Prize included 3 night stay, air, spa & daily breakfast. We had an ocean front suite on the 6th floor. Room was very white & clean.

Location - in the middle of south beach. Only blocks away from Ocean Drive.

Spa - was very good. Had a 50 minute message, mud treatment & mani/pedi.

Downfalls - - Very loud music from the Delano, which is 2 hotels away. Very loud when at the pool or the spa!

Breakfast buffet needed some variety - the same food waas served every day.

PinkSurvivor,

Thanks for taking a moment to share your feedback from your recent stay. First I would like to say congratulations for winning the Today Show Prize as I am sure that was quite exciting for you.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your oceanfront suite as those are certainly one of the best suites to enjoy here at Sagamore. We do apologize if the music from our neighbors kept you up as there are times here in South Beach when there may be a special event going on nearby however we always try to do our best to minimize the issues to our guests as a result.

We will be sure to pass along your great praise to the spa staff as well as you sound very pleased with their services also. We thank you again for sharing your review and hope to see you again here at Sagamore.

sarasota, fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I went last weekend for a quick getaway. This was my third visit and the vibe has changed, if not the hotel itself. The place is still sleek, modern, showcases some great artwork and the rooms are bigger than most in Miami. A bit of the "chic" seems to be worn away. When The Social Miami was here several years ago, the lobby lounges and outdoor area were a scene on weekends. That is definitely long gone. The entire area leading to the pool is like a ghost town. The side lounges and bars are closed and it doesn't seem that a restaurant has taken up residence, as no one was dining during our entire stay, except during the breakfast buffet that is served from 7-11. However, there is a food menu by the pool and a room service menu served 24 hours.

When we checked in on Saturday, there were several families checking in and the pool had lots of kids. I do think this is an attractive family hotel because of the large rooms and the kitchenettes. I would definitely come here with my young daughter and feel welcome. By Sunday night the families were gone and the hotel had morphed into a business hotel for the upcoming convention.

There was no one staffing the Concierge desk during the weekend but the front desk staff was helpful and pleasant. I think they are also acting as guest services; when I inquired about certain restaurants, they gave me information but never offered to try and make reservations.

The pool staff and the pool bartender (the only place to get a drink here) were super nice.

The rooms really are great. Bedroom is separated by french doors, the fridge is well stocked as is the bar with .375 bottles; the in room coffee was surprisingly good. Housekeeping was good, rooms were very clean; there was no turn-down. Also to note, the bed had a rubber sheet liner. Not so comfy...

In all, I still like this hotel. It has a super location for South Beach, spacious and comfortable rooms (except for the rubber sheet) and is refreshingly without pretense. The rates are a bit lower than its neighbors, The Delano, SLS and The Ritz for a lot more space. If you're looking for a scene you can always visit the other hotels or the bazillion restaurants and lounges in the area. However, it would be nice if someone shook this hotel up from its nap and made it a bit more vibrant again or just reconfigured the public spaces. Walking through a stark and completely empty lounge and restaurant to get to the pool area just wasn't very alluring. Maybe something is on the horizon?

Floridayze

Thanks for your feedback of our property. We are happy that you chose to return for a third stay as we always take pride in our strong repeat business. Sagamore certainly has a strong appeal to families being that we have such large suites, but the boutique vibe that we keep also attracts a variety of different age groups.

Our dining area is open throughout the day, however being that we are surrounded by so many other great restaurants as well, many do choose to venture out at night rather than dining here at the hotel. Our pool bar and grill however is a great spot to have not only drinks but many delicious food items as well served all day.

We do hope that you will continue to make Sagamore your hotel of choice here on South Beach. Thank you again for your review.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I just arrived in São Paulo from Miami , so tired, but I can't rest without send all my thanks to Sagamore Hotel! We, as a couple stayed for a week enjoying the location - on the beach, near Lincoln St, restaurants, nice shop area, next to various kind of restaurants... Besides the location, the Sagamore's Team is perfect. as soon as they are aware you speak spanish the help you in your language. I, as a journalist, am used to travel a lot around the Globe and can say: this is a fare hotel. The room is like an small apartment , the fridge is big enough for you to buy your stuff and the bed is confortable. SO what else do we need? I do recommend! BRASILEIROS, sou uma Brasileira exigente com hotéis e este está aprovado! Bem localizado, excelente serviço e equipe. Não tomei o café da manhã, mas ouvi dizer que é bom também! Janine Saponara

Room Tip: On October 2012 the hotel at left side was on renovation, so rooms at right side was quieter.
Janinesaponara,

Thanks for taking a moment after your recent stay to share your kind words about our property. We are very pleased to have provided you and your husband with a great stay in Miami.

Being a journalist we are sure that you have visited many hotels across the world so it is an honor to hear such high regards from you. We are also happy that you were able to communicate easily in any language here with our staff.

We thank you again for choosing Sagamore and hope to have you return very soon.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I spent 5 nights at the Sagamore this past week. We enjoyed our stay. No complaints about the room or the staff. As many others have pointed out the location is ideal, in the heart of South beach, a block from Lincoln Road. The size of the hotel (the number of rooms) in my view is ideal, not too large that it's impersonal and not too small that it lacks services and amenities.

There were a few things we didn't like. The charge for wifi. When every coffee shop (big and small) offers free wifi, that some hotels still charge for it always makes me feel like I'm being nickled and dimed. Including wifi in the room price creates a lot of good will.

Our suite had large screen plasma TVs in both the living room and the bedroom but no HD. Picture quality was terrible. When I stay at a hotel that has amibitions of being a luxury hotel I expect the amenities to be equal to or better than my home, not worse. The week before we stayed at Sanibel Island and our suite had a new top of the line Samsung flatscreen with HD programing and we were amazed by and enjoyed the picture quality, which as much better than our TV at home. Watching non-HD football that is stretched to fit the screen is not fun. This may seem petty or a minor complaint but every time we turned on the TV we again felt like we were being nickled and dimed.

We also didn't like the charge for beach chairs and umbrella. There's no charge for using the chairs poolside, so why charge for those at the beach. I know most of the hotels at South Beach also chargefor beach chairs (some don't) but again it sees cheap. One of the attractions of South Beach is the beach (though many people seem to stay by the pool, which to me seems to defeat the purpose of a beach vacation) so why charge extra for allowing people to enjoy the beach. Again, it seems to be another instance of nickle and diming the guests. If the hotel inclued the charge in a "resort fee" it may be a little more palatable.

Despite the above comments we did enjoy our stay and would certainly recommend the Sagamore. I am also impressed that the management responds to the comments posted on TripAdvisor.

CharlieRogers,

We greatly appreciate your feedback about your stay here with us recently.

In regards to the wifi charge, that is part of the reason why we have developed the Sagamore plan which packages the internet, beach chair and breakfast buffet for $18.00. This is a great value considering these items purchased separately total over $40.00. Also, I have discussed the issues you had with the television with my maintenance department and we will definitely be doing our best to resolve this issue.

We do appreciate these issues being brought to our attention as it becomes a great tool in us taking this property to another level and helping us become the best property in South Beach. We are happy that even though you did have a few small details about your trip that were not perfect, you did in fact enjoy yourself and will recommend our property.

Thanks again for choosing Sagamore and we will see you next time!

James D'Agostino

Been to Sagamore? Share your experiences!