“Junk fees” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #151 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Junk fees”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Customer service was great.But too many junk fees at check in.Unknown to us prior to arriving.Great location.Will come again.Need to update Wi Fi.They say they have WiFi but they really don't.You need to use lap top or I-pad in the lobby.

Room Tip: Minor,clean the windows.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the ocean view room of this hotel in last summer for a few nights. I liked the staffs because they were very friendly, and the location because it was right next to the beach; water was beautiful! The room was little old though, especially the restroom.. whenever I used it, it would make a loud noise for a couple of minutes. My colleagues who stayed in other rooms didn't have this problem so maybe it was just my toilet. Other than that, I liked this hotel especially for the price. I would recommend this hotel more if my restroom weren't so loud.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Litteton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This property is very old and run down. The lobby and enterance way are very uninviting. The room was very outdated and dirty. There were no shower supplies provided, you could barely see out of the front windows, the racks in the refrigerator were rusty...and that's just a start. We came and went as fast as we could.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don't know were to start from. First we arrived to what they call 3 or 4 star hotel. There is no bell man to carry your luggage. Checked in the hotel from 4th of April till 10th of April. Got a studio in the hotel on the 4th floor. Room is filthy, old. The AC control is mounted upside down! ! So you have to tilt your head to be able to see the numbers. The safe box in the closet is left on the floor,so you have to lay down on the floor to set it and make sure you took every thing out..(at least they could have made a shelve for it ) also its not bolted so basicly any one can walk in take the whole safe with them and just leave you another empty one. !! The bathroom has mold and rust around the facet. . The bath tub facet is set upside down so if you put cold water you will get a very HOT water coming so get ready to burn your skin.. we asked the front desk for a do not disturb sign to put on the door as we need to sleep a little longer.. they said they don't have those signs!!! We can just call them and tell them in the front dest not to come clean the room till whatever time. Off course we did inform them and the second day the lady came to clean the room early like we have said nothing!!!!.we told her to come back later. .. they funny thing is that later my wife met the cleaning lady and asked her toncome clean the room and she said she did come early and we told her not to clean it! !!! Like she is doing us a favor.... its not worth the money for sure. . We check out a day earlier as we couldn't take it no more.. when we left there was no one to carry your bags either... what a shiity hole!! I give it -4 stars...

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
AnnetR, Front Office Manager at Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Hatem, thank you for sharing your experience. First and foremost, I would like to extend you my most sincere apology for not providing a satisfactory experience. Since very recently, we have implemented bellman service to the hotel. I'm sure that all the maintenance issues you had or might have had we could have solved them for you or give you other accommodations. Our maintenance department can take care of the issues that come up in a timely manner. Thank you for sharing with us about the "do not disturb" signs. We're working tirelessly to make sure all of the issues you shared are accounted for and don't happen again. I hope you can give us another chance and stay with us again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

I have travelled all over the world - from backpacking through Asia to 5 star hotels like the Breakers. I know that you get what you pay for. I was not expecting luxury. What I got was: getting locked in my room, a room safe that acted up on the last day and refused to open even though we used the same code, no parking for half our dtay (was supposed to be included in the cost), a broken toilet, bad smells,
I wonder how this place has not burned down - they allow smoking in hotel rooms. For your own personal safety, I recommend you never stay here,,,,not worth the price

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Somerdale, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

I stayed here with a couple of friends over spring break not realizing that a lot of the rooms at this hotel are privately owned. I booked an Oceanview studio with 2 floors and I got the complete opposite. Instead we had a one floor apartment with 2 bedrooms and a view to the street out front of the hotel. I'll admit the room was nice, minus the view. When I tried texting or calling the private owner he barely answered so I went to the front desk and told them the problem and the guy told me, "if you do t like it l, then leave". I thought that was rude of him. The hotel is nice but the people are rude.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Blasdell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

I was worried about this hotel after reading the other reviews however we wanted a hotel on the beach and this was the only one available in our price range. I was not disappointed! Yes the hotel is older, however, the room was spacious, the restaurant had good food at a reasonable price and the location was excellent! 2 suggestions: an ice machine somewhere in the hotel and dressers in the bedroom. I hate living out of a suitcase! Overall this hotel was great, I would definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel? Share your experiences!