“Location and pool, best part. Not much else” 3 of 5 stars

Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6345 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33141   |
Ranked #144 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“Location and pool, best part. Not much else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Great location to access and use beach. Kids love the pool, but definitely gets crowded and with the reserved poolside rooms there are plenty of parties.
First question at desk, "do you speak English?" Spanish would be preferred and is predominate spoken language all over the hotel from valet to desk and all services. Staff generally very friendly. Bogarts food was good and fair price except for drinks.
Rooms are all white with white tile, very bright and views into others rooms. Rooms are unkept, patched fixes, missing fixtures, moldy tiles, dirty shower curtains and stained linen which we asked to replace.... Housekeeping only came after being asked since they didn't clean our room or change towels. A1A runs in front of hotel which can be nice for access, but very busy and hard to walk. Lack of quality food choices nearby. Hard to recommend for price. I'd say 2-3 star at best with no resort amenities despite all the fees. I'd pay $100/night for the location.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Does anyone clean this hotel? I found someone's pill (nothing I take) on the floor in our room, along with a dirty sock from a previous guest and thread balls from the carpet everywhere. The bathroom has rust and mold by the hinges behind the bathroom. There were always children screaming in the lobby and to simply get a towel for the pool, you had to wait for 10 minutes. I was told no one in the area delivered food and the next day I found two pizza places that deliver to the hotel...I think it was a ploy to force us to go to the employee's friend's Italian restaurant down the street, which was also mediocre. I would NEVER stay here again and the photos on this hotel's website are VERY misleading. If I hadn't already paid through Expedia, I would have asked for a refund and gone to a Super 8 for a step up.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Dear Trip Advisor,

My stay was a nice accommodation, but it had its drawbacks. The service was a bit slightly under average and it was overpriced for just a weekend. I did have a discount from destination rewards ( myhotel gift card.com) to use but still I think the fees at check out were ridiculous. My bed was old and it sunk in as it was an old mattress and they call their full size a queen....little to receive for price and accommodations. The room was a large and nice suite but the bed was awful. I had to call main reception to request housekeeping services because it was close to 3 pm and my room was not cleaned up as well as, the sink had a leak and the stove was missing one knob. I had to use one knob in order to use and cook with two surfaces. Other than $20.00 valet charges per day and another $20.00 for hotel fees on top of the $35.00 fees for reservations not so sure if my $50.00 credit discount was well worth it. I have another credit to use and I am sure that I won't be coming back to the New Casablanca Hotel... it does not have anything new about it's more old than anything.... I think they are trying to revive an old hotel that appears to lack customer service and quality standards...and its decor is so outdated and you can literally smell the old building all over. My rating is a three... very poor...I recommend that one calls and visits prior to booking as the saying goes " Looks can be deceiving." And another thing is that I do not know why check in is at 4 pm and check out is 11 am...I mean it does not make sense. Really, I had to ask for my room to be cleaned because housekeeping provides services from 6 am to 9pm... and ironically I had housekeeping knocking on my door at 6 am and it was my last day. I think that sounds like I'm we are done with you so come on and leave.

Dissatisfied Customer

Room Tip: The suites are better... but not sure about the beds. I would make sure what you are getting is what...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mesa AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This clean room was nice and clean although it was apparent it was a rework from an older place because there were some very minor imperfections.

Kitchen: Supplies were all there. Dishes and silverware nice although we didn't use the pots and pans. Faucets didn't drip and sink was clean and drained well. We didn't use the stove this trip.

Beds: Pillows and sheets were well maintained. There were extras we could use to change out. One of the reasons we booked this room was that it has two "Queen" beds. Although a double is adequate most of the time, we have a king bed and a double just feels like being squeezed.

Bathroom: The bathroom was clean. The sink had been replaced but of course the tub was original although it wasn't in bad shape. The faucets worked and the sink and toilet drained well. The showerhead could have been better. There was a new clean blow dryer installed.

Living quarters: There was a small table and chairs plus two the two queen beds. Curtains were obviously new and worked fairly well.

Additional items: There were no beach chairs nor beach towels.

Room Tip: This room with queen beds was difficult to find. Queen or king beds were a must for this trip.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Rene M, Front Office Manager at Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback, we are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope to have you around with us again.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

By far this was the worst experience in a long time! the carpets were worn so thin (and dirty)we tripped on them! The mattress had springs that poked us all night and I slept with one in my elbow! Dirty, dirty, gross dirty!!! There was hair every where and during a three day day stay they only replaced the towels once!

There restaurant had the slowest service and food was average. A total disappointment!

Room Tip: YUCK! lots of hotels in the area do research!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to communicate why our service did not meet your expectations.
We are committed to improve all aspects of our guest’s experience. Direct feedbacks from our customers, both good and bad, are the most valuable advice we can receive.
Please accept our most sincere apologize.
Vega Baja, null, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Well, this hotel is just ok if you want to stay mid way from south beach and sunny isle. The service is average, some employees are very nice other are not. Lobby is so huge but entrance is a really mess. When you arrive you have very tiny space to unpack and do the check in. About checking, there is where you have the surprises. Even when you have prepaid your stay, and there is nothing telling you there is only vallet parking, once you arrive you realize there is just vallet parking, and you will pay $19 bucks for that vallet. So keep this in mind and add an extra $10 per day for hotel service charges. You also have an option, you may park at a walking distance public parking, but you must prepaid before 8 am so you dont get a fine.
Rooms are just fine, you have the basic for a kitchen, a full refrigerator and microwave. Property is just at the beach, so if you are looking for a beach hotel, you may take this. Pool is just fine. About the gym, well is not the very best but you can do some cardio and weight trainning.
Overall, experience is just fine, not beyond expectations but not as bad as you might think. If would have to stay again at this place, i would do it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Rene M, Front Office Manager at Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I’m glad that you have shared your experience. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you around again. Our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had.
Bristol, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

NEVER rent from Alex at the Casablanca on the Ocean! I had to cut my visit short by 2 weeks because of business. He said before I rented from him that he would refund at 750 per week if I had to go home early. Well this didn't happen and it has been 4 months. He even said he would refund me for the weekend that he ended up re-renting the room since I told him early and he was able to rent the apartment a few days. He will text or call you quickly before you arrive but after he has your $ all contact is ignored. The unit floor was dirty so I had to purchase supplies to clean it. You might as well forget the linen service after your 2 towels upon arriving then you have to wash them yourself. The lounge chairs on the balcony were covered with bird poop along with the railing and glass on deck. I finally complained any on Saturday (days later) he had some guy to bring clean chairs and clean the glass. The lounge chairs that were there looked like circa 1970's. Not sure about the bed but after 2 or 3 days I got 3 red spots/bites on my leg in a triangle style so u can do the research yourself. If you plan on having no rental car you better plan on walking a lot to Publix and restaurants. Unless you know Spanish the language barrier is a major factor also. My mistake is NOT getting our agreement in writing!

Room Tip: Ocean front room overlooking ocean and pool... claimed to be the "best" unit in the buildi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel? Share your experiences!