“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #146 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I visited Miami Beach a month ago and had a pleasant experience with our stay at the hotel. Gigi at the front desk was very helpful & even upgraded us to an ocean view room at no cost,for being patient as we waited to be helped. Although there was renovations going on, the hotel met our expectations. Location was great, beach was wonderful and the café was a great place to eat. I will definitely consider staying there again when I come back to visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Rene M, Front Office Manager at Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our staff performance and our amenities. It Is great to know we fulfilled your expectations and we will love to have you and your family with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here as a lay over between our stops. The hotel smelled strongly of bleach. The staff spoke very little english. I arrived first and I knew that the check in was at 4 PM. (I was there at 11:30AM). I was told to give my luggage to the valet and they would keep it. I did this and after about 2 hours I went back and asked to get my smaller bag out. I was escorted to a locked room where the luggage was actually thrown in there! My bag was upside down and tossed up near a picture that was on the wall! I retrieved my bag and sat down in the waiting room for check in. I observed the front desk handing out room keys to new arrivals and i went up there to see about getting my room and was told that the rooms were first come first served. I said ok I was here at 11:30 so I should be able to get my room. Then I was informed that check in was at 4 PM! I was very unhappy and asked to speak to a manager that did not speak English very well and he told me that I would have to wait my turn. I waited there at the front desk when suddenly my room be came available!

Upon entrance to the room, it smelled very strongly of bleach, had stains on the walls, and the place was very old. Not the renovated room I was told by the person at book a room com. The bathroom wall had a hole in it by the light switch and the carpets were worn.
The bed was lumpy and I felt every spring through the worm out mattress!

Not my idea of a great nights sleep.

I want a refund from the hotel because of the poor quality of service I recieved.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Our most sincere apologies for not being able to meet your expectations.
We will provide coaching to our staff in order to offer the service level we strive for.
We can assure you that we are committed to improve all aspects of our guest’s experience and feedbacks like this will only double our efforts in achieving the level of consistency we lacked during your visit. We invite you to consider staying with us again.
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is the worst hotel I ever stay. I do not recommend this hotel to anybody. Rooms are poor looking. It was a waste of money for what I pay I could have stayed a much better hotel. Completely disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your time to express your experience with us.
Direct feedbacks from our customers, both good and bad, are the most valuable advice we can receive. It allows us to recognize our areas of weakness and make appropriate adjustments to our services.
We apologize for the multiple inconveniences you experienced while staying with us.
We invite you to consider staying with us again.
Mount Pearl, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

This hotel is horrible. Myself and my husband rental a room in this hotel from a private owner it was old and ugly. I am not a real particular person but this place was horrible. Also even if you only stay for one night the owner charges you $75.00 cleaning fee. I would never return or recommend this hotel. Take my advice stay away.

Room Tip: do not rent from private owner
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience.
As you know we are a hotel condo, its sad to know that you had a bad experience during your stay.
We invite you and your family to stay with us (the hotel), we are pretty sure that you will have a different experience with us. Consider staying with us.
Wantage, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Despite poor reviews I gave it a shot. My room and the hotel overall was dated, however, it was spotless , no dust behind TV or anything of the sort. Housekeeping was slow it runs 11:30-6pm (no doubt because of needed ACA and the need to stay competitive. Within 6 blocks there's plenty of eateries, a supermarket banks and so on. The staff is pleasant and is accommodating when possible, wifi was fine, beach literally 60 steps from back door. Pool was clean and adequate, not heated. Valet parking was $5 more than the public lot a block away and well worth it. If you are looking for clean safe accommodations this is it! If you are looking for 5 star service, go to the st Regis in bal harbor for $1000.00 a night.
That being said if you are needy, entitled, and snobby, this isn't your place. If you are realistic and understand that you get what you pay for, stay here! It's worth every penny!
Ed
New Jersey

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your experience about our hotel, you are definitely right about what you mentioned.
Our priority is to give our guest our best.
Please consider staying with us in the future.
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I was booked at the sister Hotel and Up grade it here, It was really nice stay , I was also given free valet , really nice also , staff was pleasant and respectful, the view to the beach was beautiful , place was outdate but clean.

Room Tip: Beach view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rene M, Front Office Manager at Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for your review.
We feel very happy that you had a good experience with us.
We are working to improve our property, please consider staying with us again.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel isn't wonderful and needs some serious updating but saying that everyone was really friendly and the location was great. Miami is fab tho will defo be going back. If it's a cheap and cheerful place to stay then this place will do

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank so much for taking the time to review our hotel and staff.
Our team wants to extend an invitation to you and your family to stay with us again.

Been to Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel? Share your experiences!